Rear Wiper - Size of the hole?

Tommy

Makinen...ha
Reaction score
Im taking my rear wiper off and de badging so i need a grommit, just wondered if anyone knew the size of the hole?

I know some of you will disagree about this mod but oh well..

Thanks

Tom

The links dont work mate..?

I was just gonna use a cheap rubber or plastic grommit from bnq lol

God that looks so much cleaner

Thanks for the link..

I'm very tempted to do it myself, the only thing that puts me off is having to stop the car every now and again on a long journey to clean the rear window which is a dirt magnet! The rear wiper is cack but at least it makes a little rainbow shape to see out of...decisions decisions

:thumbsup: cheers!

lol i dewipered my previous car, and i can honestly i didnt wipe it once, i cleaned the car once a week, i travelled miles and miles, and it never got that bad that i had to wipe it.

Even after a week of terrible weather, the window doesnt get bad..

Do ittt :)

I've de wipered a couple of things myself in the past (polo, cavalier lol) and not really been inconvenienced by it - I might just be being a pussy because it's the most I've ever spent on a car :blush:

However, sticking a 15 quid glass grommet in there is hardly irreversible, so I need to have a word with myself :haha:

I wash the car at least once a week anyway, might get some rain-x next time I'm in the UK and that's bound to help

But I still might wait till I lower it...then take the ***-wiper off and maybe the badges (rear audi rings, A3 script and the S-lines off the doors) to get the full effect :yes:

It'll get done sometime, if i don't like it i can always change it back! Just thought of a little advantage of taking the badges off...won't catch on me wash mitt or rip the polishing rags like they do now - saving me a few seconds cleaning time at least! :whistle2:

Well, 20-spoke rims take ages to clean so every bit of time I win back is a goodun :drag:

Anyone know the size of the hole? I want to buy a Grommet from Halfords, but not sure which size to get!

Cheers.

There was a thread on this for a german site with metal hole fillers that you glue in place

Look very professional, can anyone link me to it please?

There was a thread on this for a german site with metal hole fillers that you glue in place

Look very professional, can anyone link me to it please?

boydies your man if im correct... he know all about this.. im doing it as soon as my cars back for summer :icon_thumright: