Starting when warm - help

Morzy

Reaction score
Hi

I have a 2.0 FSI, when cold it starts first time within a second of turning the key, but if its warm and i switch off, then switch on again for example when i have been to fill up, it struggles.

It takes 2 or 3 attempts to start, its turning over fine and doesn't sound like the battery. Could it be the starter? car has only done 27K so would'nt have thought it would have gone so soon:confused:

Any help most appreciated

James

I have a 2004 FSi and mine doesn't do it. If the engine is turning over fine it wont be either the starter or the battery. A check with Vagcom etc might help, it could be something like the coolant tempature sensor sending the wrong signal to the ECU and screwing up the mixture it thinks the engine needs.

Yeah just done a search and it seems like it could be the coolant temp sensor, ill get one ordered from the stealers to see if it cures it i think

Ok just had a new coolant temp sensor fitted, seems to have cured the problem. However, when i asked them to plug the car in to check for faults it through up a code for the cam angle sensor!!

Apparantly, as i was trying to start the car it nearly knackered this part aswell, we reset it and both sensor faults are now gone, but the machanic said that if i hadn't sorted the coolant sensor now, i would be forking out for the cam sensor aswell!

So a word of warning for anybody who may have this problem in the future, get it sorted ASAP as it can cause greater issues if left!

Thanks