Hi - new to forum!

Esox Mark

Smoke me a kipper...
Reaction score
Hi there folks.

Be gentle - my first post and all that! Just taken delivery of my new S3 and loving it to bits... went for Ibis White and so cleaning cars is my new hobby! There's nothing I can find that I don't like about this car, well if I am honest, I wasn't sure about the LED lights, but they're growing on me now... only clocked up a couple of hundred miles so far, so still running in, but I can tell tehre's plenty of ommph available on the loud pedal!

Anyway, I need some help here... I made a wee error when I ordered the car and forgot to delete the cigarette lighter option and have a 12v socket adjacent to the handbrake. It really annoys me having the lighter where it is - is there any way I can replace this with the Audi OEM socket? Or is there something I can replace it with?

Thanks in anticipation of your replies.

Mark.

Welcome to the forums mate and congtrats, yes you can replace the annoying ciggy lights with a nice flip 12v socket. It simply clips in where you unclip the current socket. Costs arounf £17 from the stealers & looks much better in my opinion

Hi mate, welcome to the forum.

The 12v socket on the non smoking pack is in the exact same place it just has a big flap (as opposed to a small one like on Fords for example) that goes over the top of it. I may be wrong but I'd say the flap would get in the way if anything!

If you don't like have a cigarette lighter plugged into it you could always get a 12v rechargeable torch that plugs in there instead:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Genuine-Audi-...emQQimsxZ20090214?IMSfp=TL0902141210001r19864

The only other difference with the NSP is the ashtray is replaced by a deeper cubby hole below the climate control unit. This can be bought aftermarket for about a tenner. You can buy it from a site which also sells the torch but I can never remember the name of it! www.vag....com. Someone will know.

Hi and welcome....

Do the right thing and fit this>>>

http://audiretrofit.quinlivan.net

RS4StartButton052-full.jpg

Welcome to the forums mate and congtrats, yes you can replace the annoying ciggy lights with a nice flip 12v socket. It simply clips in where you unclip the current socket. Costs arounf £17 from the stealers & looks much better in my opinion

That's great! Thanks everyone - just wanted the OEM socket that I failed to spec in the first place. Shame the dealer did not mention that they can change it over to a 12v socket for £17 as I did ask! I am trying to avoid the temptation to have any kind of mods on this car as it's plenty nice as it is. A remap & miltek might be on the cards, but time will tell. The hard bit is getting a ****** boot liner - according to my local stealer, Audi do not make a boot liner (yet) for the facelift 3 door S3, I've asked Audi Customer Services to look into that one...

Thanks again!

Mark