Timing Belt Today

firebobby

Reaction score
Had the belt done today. Belt, water pump, new A/Freeze. £235.00. The lads said the pulleys were fine, and have yet to come across a badly worn VAG idler/pulley! To be honest I only keep my cars 2-3 years and probably do 12k miles in that time so I'm happy to leave them on
Just the one minor **** up, the boost pipe blew off the turbo on the way home, soon fixed though, so all in all not to bad and no need to worry on that score for the next 5 years.. D.S.G oil change next and that's that. As an aside, how long is the long life service for? It had one in Dec..2008.
regards
Dave

As an aside, how long is the long life service for? It had one in Dec..2008.

Longlife service can be anything from 9k - 30k (I think) depending on type of journeys and how you drive.

Have a look at one of the online Audi brochures and it's detail in the back pages. TBH, very few drivers actually fit the profile of the longlife regime.

We had the first service on our A4 at 17.5k but I had it changed to 10k fixed servicing as we were doing far more short journeys than when we bought the car.

thats a good price, did you use an audi dealer?

No! The cars done 70k now and it's 4 years old so it's out of warranty, a local garage ( I used to work for them years ago) does my major work. Also they stamp my book when I service my own cars.
regards
dave

Ah! So I'd be better keeping to my own routine on servicing, Which is an oil and filter every 6 months, and a full service every 2 years (if I still have the car!)?
regards
Dave

ours is in tomorrow for timing belt, service and water pump.

Parts cost me £218 labour is £120 (thats all filters, oil, coolant timing belt kit and water pump)

Cool! Does that include the dreaded?......VAT. To be fair I do try to avoid such unhealthy additions to cost!!!
Regards
Dave

Short skirt and no pants eh?................................I'll pay the VAT then!!!!
:yahoo:
regards
Dave