bluefin remap tool any good?? (link provided)

yeah its not bad, my last 3 cars have all been bluefined although there is a group buy on the ST3 somewhere in this section that is also worth looking at. In all honesty i've never used the device much, once its on I tend to leave it on.

I got a bluefin, would reccomend it for sure, seems like REVO etc get more power than Superchips though

the blue fin is good but i think the st-3 is just as good and im organizing a group buy at the moment with the price reduced a fair bit

the bluefin is around £450 and my groupbuy with the st-3 is only £299 with 3 maps

-orginal
-eco
-fast road

or you can have the race map to replace the eco or fastroad

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=66686

i've got 5 more places to fill

cheers

lex

Yup - Bluefin is good - it does a bit more than just storing your original map - can be used to immobilise the car with a 'valet' setting and also gives a readout of fault codes - not that I've ever used either of those, but still!

I and others are very happy, but there are more players in the market now who will do as good as job if not better - and in a lot of cases are quite a bit cheaper.

If I was looking for a remap now, I'd be looking at others as well as Superchips - and with the group buy for the st-3 bringing the price down further, I'd be putting my name down for that (there's a nice plug for you Lex :laugh:).

the blue fin is good but i think the st-3 is just as good and im organizing a group buy at the moment with the price reduced a fair bit

the bluefin is around £450 and my groupbuy with the st-3 is only £299 with 3 maps

-orginal
-eco
-fast road

or you can have the race map to replace the eco or fastroad

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=66686

i've got 5 more places to fill

cheers

lex

that sounds good Lex, only problem is im still in beijing and wont be back in the uk till the end of the month,

just doing my research so when i get back i know exactly what to get (and its been a slow week so havnt had much else to do, lol)

also still have to buy the car as well...

oh poo haha

you could still buy one and have it posted to your uk address or a friends address and whenever you get back and buy the car chipped uk can map it hahaha

never mind though

I didn't think Bluefin would read and reset fault codes on VAG cars ? I know it did on my focus but don't remember seeing it in the menu for the A3 ... i'll have a look and perhaps it can tell me why mines crap on fuel

I could be wrong Steve - I've never tried it as have VCDS anyway. It does say 'certain cars' on the website as well, so you're probably right.

From a guy that has had both the bluefin and ST3 - it was descreibed that the Bluefin could be a bit over aggressive at times..

He's very happy with his ST3 so I'd go with that.

In fast road, it very smooth and in race, lots of low end touqe....

I love mine :D

I could be wrong Steve - I've never tried it as have VCDS anyway. It does say 'certain cars' on the website as well, so you're probably right.

Im sure the St3 does the fault code thingy too.

I've not got mine with me and i have vagcom but I'll check over the weekend if no one has a chance to check theirs!

EDIT: According to the user guide it does:

dsdsd.jpg

If I was in the market for something else I would definatly consider the ST3, other options for me would be custom code or Jabba (very local) there is nothing wrong with bluefin I just fancy a change

Im sure the St3 does the fault code thingy too.

I've not got mine with me and i have vagcom but I'll check over the weekend if no one has a chance to check theirs!

EDIT: According to the user guide it does:

:thumbsup: - cool, another plus point for st3 then.

If I hadn't already coughed up a lot of dosh for Bluefin, I'd consider ST3 amongst others (though the group buy price makes the ST3 the favourite).

spread the word haha

im having trouble getting the last 5 names
:keule:

Bluefin checks fault codes on A3's now. The 2.0T at least!

Is the ST-3 transferable between cars if you decide to get a new one?

Within the first year if you buy a new car (that can be remapped of course) Superchips will replace your Bluefin handset for one for your new car for the massive sum of £5.88 for postage.

After the first year they'll do it for a discounted price.

:thumbsup: - cool, another plus point for st3 then.

If I hadn't already coughed up a lot of dosh for Bluefin, I'd consider ST3 amongst others (though the group buy price makes the ST3 the favourite).

BTW - I've not tried it :D

The fuction was there though when i remapped mine!

Didn't want to mislead anyone but you "should" be able to but dont take my word for it!

If anyone has a ST3, please do give it a shot and if not, If do mine over the weekend!

Bluefin checks fault codes on A3's now. The 2.0T at least!

Is the ST-3 transferable between cars if you decide to get a new one?

Within the first year if you buy a new car (that can be remapped of course) Superchips will replace your Bluefin handset for one for your new car for the massive sum of £5.88 for postage.

After the first year they'll do it for a discounted price.

You can.

I cant remember how or what the costs were but emailed the guys at ChippedUK and see what they say!

IIRC, you just have to buy another remap and reprogram the ST3 device!

You can.

I cant remember how or what the costs were but emailed the guys at ChippedUK and see what they say!

IIRC, you just have to buy another remap and reprogram the ST3 device!

You JUST have to BUY another remap?

You JUST have to BUY another remap?

You have to revert your car back to standard as if you dont, the ST3 will be locked (you can have it unlocked but this costs more money).

But if the car is put back to standard, you simply buy another remap at a cost of £100 (may be cheaper) as each remap is specific to each car. you send them your cars ECU and they send you the mapped file back which you put on your new car!