Lowering Soon, Question on arch / bumper mod.

Paul_c

Reaction score
Right then as some of you will know I’ve planned to lower my Sportback with the Eibach Sportline Kit and install a set of H&R 10mm (rear) spacers. :eyebrows:

Now I’ve got these beauties along with the recommended VW/Audi hub spacer socket (£8ish), I’m turning my attention to the arch/bumper mod.
If I can seek clarification….
From this picture I’ll be removing the screw marked with a Red X. In previous guides it is suggested you remove the plastic behind it- I’m assuming this is the area in green?
If this is the case won’t the rear quarter panel,area marked in Yellow, follow behind the plastic... so will this need to be trimmed also?
Finally the arch liner marked in Blue…does this need to be modified in any way?

Oh by the way I’ll be fitting the kit this coming Friday, camera at the ready!! :salute:

arch.JPG

i have lowered mine on coilovers and got 10mm spacers on the back, probably a 50mm drop, it scrubbed on the rear on that screw, i took it out completely and got no problems now.

i dropped my sportback on eibach pros for the 30ish mm drop.

I am running 8.5 43 offset wheels, and i found i had to remove the screw and also remove some of the liner you have marked in blue.

I still get a little scrubbing now and then, but usually only when the car is loaded up and going over big bumps/dips etc.

hope this helps

:icon_thumright:

As ever, thanks for the input guys. :icon_thumright:
I've got the same alloys as Robin (54 offset) and will be fitting the same spacers making the wheels a 44 offset. With the rear only going down 35-40mm hopefully i'll be ok with just removing the screw and possibly some of the liner.
I may still dremel some of that bracket away but still leave it usable. Either way i'll keep an eye on it... and modify accordingly :nunu: