Volks AutosEM Tuning
    2nd Gear

Status

LOOKING FOR SOME RS4 BRAKES!

Hi guys,

if anyone knows of anyone selling a set could you please get in contact with me as my discs are shot so instead of replacing them i rather just do the upgrade...!

most appreciated
    Saf
    Last edited by S3 SAF; 12th February 2009 at 22:24.

revo stage2, Milltek TB non res, forge cai, forge dv, HnR springs,bbs ch black eddition, optics grill, LaminX, lcr splitter.....
    soon to come....gloss balck front and rear valance, side mirrors, RS4 brakes, revo stage 2+, fuel pump......

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    I like your style SAF - awesome mod!
    Good luck sourcing them fella

4th Gear

Status
    l wouldnt mind a set of these as well. Group deal possibly. Andy would be able to tell us how much he paid for his.

4th Gear

Status
    Ed @ APS is familier with doing this I believe - he's good guy and at the very least would be a good person to ahve a chat with about the mod.
    I've seen an S3 with the Alcon brake kit on too and that looked pretty special.

6th Gear

Status
    There was a rs4 (crash damaged) on the bay for breaking - its not there anymore :S

Keep an eye on the bay for it - may come back - had heavy side damage!

Awesome motor fella - keep drooling at the pic lol
    Audi A3 S-Line DSG - sold
    Golf Mk4 Autograph - sold
    Currently Vtec'in around in an Accord Type R :P

For Sale: ST3 Remap Console - PM Me :P
    Vagcom'd too

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Talk to S3 Big Andy, he did this at think was TT shop, could be wrong, but beware he has just now reported in the last few days cracking on the discs, so PM him 1st before upgrading fella.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Rarely neutral

Status
    Another option is to approach AP Racing.

They were making kits for the old S3,and already make them for the new model A3.

I've used AP brake systems before,and these simply do not crack or fade.

Not cheap,but they are proper race ready braking systems.

Alcon were mentioned above....again,good brakes,and way better than most of the aftermarket stuff around,but not in the same league as AP.

www.apracing.com

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status
    ive just had a look on there site cant find any up to date a3 or s3 brakes maybe there site needs up dating ....

Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    Another option is to approach AP Racing.

They were making kits for the old S3,and already make them for the new model A3.

I've used AP brake systems before,and these simply do not crack or fade.

Not cheap,but they are proper race ready braking systems.

Alcon were mentioned above....again,good brakes,and way better than most of the aftermarket stuff around,but not in the same league as AP.

www.apracing.com

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    TT Shop sell a kit for around 1500, also, there were a set of RS4 8 pot calipers on ebay 2 weeks ago for 450! Good luck saf, you still got ur ch's?

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post

Worms...in a can, and you just opened it

Most of the alcons on road cars are using their "advantage" calipers, while their range of offering is so much more (TA6, H-type, B-type....)

Same goes for AP, Brembo or Endless.

That said, imho, any decent caliper+pad+disc is overkill when mated to a street legal tyre. I'd choose Alcon myself because they look real nice and I do not race the car. Just need some nice flashy brakes behind the wheel to woo little girls. (no, I will not get a rotora 12piston caliper)
    World's Fastest S3 Driver - racing old people in toyota camries since 1997 with a 97.6% winning rate.

Neutral

Status
    A8Parts have a set with nearly new discs as I fitted them to my old S8 which they are now dismantling.
    EddyH

Boxster S
    Passat V6 4Motion

Rarely neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 10blazin View Post
    ive just had a look on there site cant find any up to date a3 or s3 brakes maybe there site needs up dating ....
    May be easier to just ring them.

The site is often a bit behind the times,and I've always found them to be helpful.

Rarely neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by boggysv View Post
    Worms...in a can, and you just opened it

Most of the alcons on road cars are using their "advantage" calipers, while their range of offering is so much more (TA6, H-type, B-type....)

Same goes for AP, Brembo or Endless.

That said, imho, any decent caliper+pad+disc is overkill when mated to a street legal tyre. I'd choose Alcon myself because they look real nice and I do not race the car. Just need some nice flashy brakes behind the wheel to woo little girls. (no, I will not get a rotora 12piston caliper)
    No point in leaving a good tin unopened...

I do agree that most decent systems like that are probably overkill for most cars,and Alcon offer a good cost/performance match,without the price of the AP setups.

I bought AP as the car in question really did need fade-free brakes.

Reverse Gear

Status
    My dad upgraded his rs4 brakes to the stasis alcons. So i have a pair of rs4 rotors and calipers that i would like to install on my a3. I have emailed the tt shop twice inquiring about necessary hardware for the conversion and received no replies yet so i am not sure what the cost involved would be. If it turns out this is not the path i want to go down i would not be against selling the stock rs4 brakes
    A3 3.2Q Ti Sportback Avus Silver
    HPA\\\ DSG Stage-2
    TT-S Flat bottom steering wheel, Euro LED tails