ETKA updates

PiloTT

Reaction score
Anybody able to update their ETKA via the internet? and the prices in particular. Mine stopped updating about 18 months ago and need some up to date prices.

i was getting my updates from a russian site but ive lost the link. IIRC im up to 726 update on version 7.0 of etka.

I belive they changed the way you access the update so that us mere mortals can access it anymore. Not sure about price updates. I like those too LOL

I'm installing a version of ETKA at the moment. It's labelled "2008" but god knows which version that is!

I shall report back if it appears to be a recent version.

Chris

I'm installing a version of ETKA at the moment. It's labelled "2008" but god knows which version that is!

I shall report back if it appears to be a recent version.

Chris

It's v.7 update 597 ... and it's in German ... and I have no idea how to update or change the language!

I think I shall leave well alone!

Chris

Update: I've sorted the language. Still no idea how to update.

I am on ETKA 7.1 with update 733 but the prices update is way back at 340. The mytoureg site is good for updates but not the price update files.

I could never get on the toureg download site, never set me email to confirm joining/link. Tried several times. Could only join the forum.

A new system has just been set up, to prevent non-licensed users.

I have had to install new paswords etc to download the updates.

Lex com I guess...........

My two Ekta licences stopped working a few days back, I had to contact the UK supplier of EKTA to get new codes.

Lex com I guess...........

My two Ekta licences stopped working a few days back, I had to contact the UK supplier of EKTA to get new codes.

Interesting, because my 'personal' copy of Etka 7.1 stopped updating via the internet at least 9 months ago. When I go in it still asks me if I want to update it but if I click Yes it asks for a username and password. When I download the update files from myTouareg.com and put them into the correct Update directory and then go into Etka it runs the updates automatically in the same way as it used to do via the internet.

Presumably your copies are used in connection with you business rather that purely out of interest as I use mine.

Intresting way to update, if it works great.

I pay for two licences for buisness use, as it has to be reliable for checking vin numbers and prices quickly. It tends to check daily and uploads at least once a week form Lexcom.

I think the licences are around £20 per month for the first, slightly cheaper for multiples.

Uuurrrm really only £20 a month, thats actually not bad at all huh

I lied about the monthly cost for Ekta!! just checked and it is £38 for the first, £15 for the second.
I was thinking about ETOS a similar system, but does not have some of the EKTA functions I need in the garage.