8P S3: Does anyone have a dyno/rr chart of their GIAC results?

Timbo_S3

Reaction score
I had a GIAC flash loaded a week ago, and the car feels great :p

I'd like to see some comparative dyno?RR charts for the same car/flash and would be grateful if those that have them might send them to me by PM. -

I'm taking it to a dyno tomorrow to see the results on paper, compared to my earlier runs on the same dyno stock and with Bluefin loaded (nothing really, got a refund :huh: ). I'll happily exchange my results with those who send me their charts

Downunder, our cars are slightly detuned, giving 188/Kw/250 hp at the fly, compared with 195Kw/261 hp in the UK, stock. At the wheels, my car is pulling 150Kw/201hp.

I'm mainly interested in the shape of the curve rather than absolute results...although I'd like to hope I get those 11 missing horses back! :thumbsup:

Here you go mate:

P1020185.jpg

It's a photo of the chart, so not great I'm afraid.
Nice smooth curve - just what I was looking for ;)

Before
Before.jpg

After
After.jpg

Before is with GIAC and Green Cotton Filter. After is with HPFP. Oh, and a misfire, which has been sorted since then. l need to get it on the RR again as lve done a few bits since then.

Smooth?
Pah!

Want smooth?
Get a V6.

You want kick in the back old school Turbo delivery.
You want REVO.
:thumbsup:

Paul

Smooth?
Pah!

Want smooth?
Get a V6.

You want kick in the back old school Turbo delivery.
You want REVO.
:thumbsup:

Paul

I'm not a fan of all the torque kicking in like a sledge hammer - makes it a pain to drive smoothly on normal day to day driving, and also makes it unsettled when hammering out of corners (on track!).
Don't get me wrong, it's marmite - some want the kick, some don't.
The GIAC, for me, offers a nice progressive delivery meaning you can measure out the throttle nicely. And the power is all their - the chart below shows that.

Interestingly I had a run out in BigAndy's S3 before he went big turbo and he had the Revo Stage 2+ map and that was a peach - very smooth in it's delivery, considering the power it was kicking out.

I think everyone agrees - the Revo and GIAC maps are the best 'off the shelf' maps on the market for the 2.0TFSI :yes:

:applaus: Thanks guys...no intention of starting a chip war, just keen to see GIAC charts...and the two above a quite different :shrug:

Any more?

It is quite strange actualy. As you can see Jamies is smooth. Where as mine is rather rapid. Torque wise as least.

I thnk it's just the fact a different scale is used across the bottom for RPM.
the scale on mine is more spread out showing a smoother line, DC's is squeezed in a smaller sapce, meaning his torque looks more spikey, if you spread it out I'm sure they would be similar.
If you ahve the patience, plot the charts roughly in a spreadsheet using the same scale to illustrate it. :)

I thnk it's just the fact a different scale is used across the bottom for RPM.
the scale on mine is more spread out showing a smoother line, DC's is squeezed in a smaller sapce, meaning his torque looks more spikey, if you spread it out I'm sure they would be similar.
If you ahve the patience, plot the charts roughly in a spreadsheet using the same scale to illustrate it. :)

it's actually more likley that the car was loaded up differently on the dyno (i.e. length of the pull different) so the car responded differently

I had a GIAC flash loaded a week ago, and the car feels great :p

I'd like to see some comparative dyno?RR charts for the same car/flash and would be grateful if those that have them might send them to me by PM. -

Hi Mate,

I'm from Syd Aus and had one of the first S3's flashed with GIAC - I'm running the 310 pump tune. Had it on the Dyno soon after. See below for chart - There is another tune (Hammer 330) which I haven't loaded as yet ...

I'm also looking into the fuel pump upgrade as GIAC now have a matching tune for the autotech pump. I've passed on my ECU number so hopefully I'll get some feedback soon :)

Anyone here running the autotech pump+ GIAC tune and if so any issues ??? did you find it to be a huge improvement ?

Thanks
Mike

giacrun.jpg

Hi Mate,

I'm from Syd Aus and had one of the first S3's flashed with GIAC - I'm running the 310 pump tune. Had it on the Dyno soon after. See below for chart - There is another tune (Hammer 330) which I haven't loaded as yet ...
Thanks Mike -- exactly the type of chart I was after...sorry...I misread your PM :sorry: Did you have the CAI on with this run?

Anyone here running the autotech pump+ GIAC tune and if so any issues ??? did you find it to be a huge improvement ?

Thanks
Mike

Hi....I don't have the GIAC(Revo instead) but the pump really has smoothed things out.

There used to be a bit of hesitation when you hit the throttle fairly hard,before it sorted itself out and went,and after the new pump,that has gone.

Obviously for higher power levels it's essential,but mine isn't running huge power levels(Stage2+) and we can't run full power right now due to a probable faulty coil pack,but below peak rpm it's much more responsive already.

Hi Liam...actually, decided to go local, if only to encourage the business. Ed Lee at Autotech, with Lucas on standby. All sweet. Although, like many S3 owners, a flash seems to expose DV issues, so I'm fitting a Forge replacement. Happy to chat over a coffee sometime, if only to persuade you to buy a red one! :yes:

lve got an RR run booked in on the 30th at a different place. lve had a couple of things done since my last graphs so it will be interesting to see what the figures are. l planned to go on the rr after each mod just for piece of mind and of course to share the results.

If you have prior runs on another dyno are you able to go back to the same place?

Comparing results from two different dynos is a fraught with danger and keyboard warriors. :nyah:

l am but lm not happy with the customer service and attitude of the previous place.