Steering Wheel fitment question...

jb0o

Reaction score
Website
jonathan-butler.co.uk
I'm in the process of buying a steering wheel from a '08 Automatic DSG with flappy-paddle gears.

If I fit this wheel to a manual transmission A3, would it cause problems?

If not, would it be possible to wire the paddles to a different function such as volume control?

Thanks,

The flappy paddles wont cause any problems. The paddles are momentarily on/off switches not latched so anything that needs that function could be made to work i guess.

The flappy paddles wont cause any problems. The paddles are momentarily on/off switches not latched so anything that needs that function could be made to work i guess.

The paddles wont cause any problems, apart from looking daft. Getting them to work other functions would be pretty skilled work though! Any ideas???

Yeah, I discussed this with Quinny months back as he has a dsg wheel from me with manual, as its a pull to touch switch, windows would work I guess, lol, but dont need 2 lots of switches for that, anything really that can make use of the switching, but need to trace the circuits through the slip ring & see if you can adjust the tracks of the steering module so not running in circuit with the car systems, if it traces back to the module ok with seperate circuits then can be done easily from there, just have to think of a use huh.

Thing is do the paddles have resistors inline, is it same wire signalling, things need to check as I cant remember how many wires went from the paddles to the slip ring etc

If its same wire signalling then can we use any spare positions on the main yellow plug & have spare sockets holes for extra wires & does the slip ring also have spare tracks on it for circuits, now got me thinking

Yeah, I discussed this with Quinny months back as he has a dsg wheel from me with manual, as its a pull to touch switch, windows would work I guess, lol, but dont need 2 lots of switches for that, anything really that can make use of the switching, but need to trace the circuits through the slip ring & see if you can adjust the tracks of the steering module so not running in circuit with the car systems, if it traces back to the module ok with seperate circuits then can be done easily from there, just have to think of a use huh.

Thing is do the paddles have resistors inline, is it same wire signalling, things need to check as I cant remember how many wires went from the paddles to the slip ring etc

If its same wire signalling then can we use any spare positions on the main yellow plug & have spare sockets holes for extra wires & does the slip ring also have spare tracks on it for circuits, now got me thinking

use it for holding open a NOS valve LOL