chipped-uk ST-3 group buy

Lex

Reaction score
hello there folks

I've spoken to chipped-uk about their ST-3 unit and thought i'd ask about a group buy.

The ST-3 retails at £525 inc VAT.
If we can get together 10 people who want this ST-3 unit, Chipped-uk will offer them to us for £299 inc VAT each.

So grab yourself a bargain!

If anyone doesn't know about the ST-3 unit check this out

http://www.chippeduk.com/content/en/Services/ST3.html

This is an amazing offer, by far the cheapest i've seen it go for.

so if you would like to be part of this group buy please put your name down.

1- Lex
2- MPP
3- epicfx (remove name on the 25th)
4-clarky17
5-roscoepeko (remove name on the 28th)
6-Philipstormy
7-Biggiep
8-joolsS3
9-
10-

cheers

lex

Im interested, just need to get it past thw wife (it is her car).

I'll add my name then......

I hope the £525 price they are ment to charge for this is with some maps provided as i paid about £150 last year for mine.

I hope the £525 price they are ment to charge for this is with some maps provided as i paid about £150 last year for mine.

you get the maps in with the price

i'm going for the eco map, fast road and its comes with the standard

heres a quick review of minee

My experiance of the ST3 on fast road.

The low end tourqe is pretty much the same. If you floor it, you wont get that much wheel spin to how much you had befre the car was mapped. The tourqe curve is urposely moved further along the rpm range (this is better for stress of clutch and other parts)

But the mid end and top end touqe - though the roof! I was doing 30 down a road and i had a scooby try to overtake me - i floored it and there was no chance in hell he was getting past. He had to slow down and get back in behind me. Think it were a WRX.

On the motorway, if you want to quickly overtake - you can easily do so. You dont even have to shift down to 5th as you can usually press the accelerator down (without presing the downshift button on the accelrator pedal in my dsg) and it will easily go from 70 to a speed quick enough to overtake. If you do shift down then the touqe is immense - the way it climb to 70 all the way to 120 is quick (i obviously tried that on a private track).

Obviously, you wont get the kick in the teeth that a Evo or Scooby gives but it does throw you back into your seat. My uncles got a Vectra 3.2 V6 and he said he mid end touqe is awesome! He misses that in his Vectra as his vectra has a lot of top end touqe.

The map itself is smooth if you floor it from 0 - top speed. But if you downshift and floor it, you do get that densation of being throw into the back of your seat.

Round corners, great fun too. I use to have to keep the revs extra high (3.7 to 4k) to get the desired speed i want of when i come out of a corner. Now, i can keep the revs lower and still get the same boost out the corner.

Seriously, my A3 is quick. The only bit is lacks is an exhaust note. I do wish i had a 2.0T at times as i do miss the noise of a petrol engine but apart from that, with the ST3, my car is spot on.

On avarage, MPG has increase by 2-4mpg on fast road.

On race map, there is a lot more low end tourqe. This is good for speeding through conutry roads with lots of bends where you have to slow to take the corner and want to get out of it quick. I've only had it on once but it was wet and it was really hard to get the power down even with my conti sport 3 tyres. But ChippedUK say for a track day - its spot on.

Overall, the ST3 is spot on. The only downside is it takes 5mins to change betweenmaps (whcih is a long wait for me) and you can only have 3 maps on the unit (so cant have standard map on but its on my comp).

But I've got S3 345mm Calipers and Conti Sport 3 Tyres. I would 100% recomened these two (esp the brakes). I found the standard TDI brakes to be ok but with these, i have the confidence for extra late braking.

In saying all this, I've only done around 100 miles on the map and i would 100% reccomend it. I have never tried any other remaps but the bluefin was described by a friend who had both as "being a bit too over aggresive at times". With the ST3, yu get the best of 3 worlds. Eco (which i doubt I'lll ever use :D) fast road for every dat and race for when im feeling enthusiatic!

But words cant really describe it - you have to get behind the wheel and fidn out for yourself..

HTHs

kaz do you work for chipped uk lol you just sold ten maps lol wish i had the doe off that review id be buying one myself

epicfx- just to clarify, you want one yeah>?

lex

cheers for the right up kaz, its because of your really good review that im getting the st-3

£525 only for a map ? or 3 shall I say

Isn't REVO around 400 ?

Im looking for one but want to upgrade my air intake first

£525 only for a map ? or 3 shall I say

Isn't REVO around 400 ?

Im looking for one but want to upgrade my air intake first

i seem to find with chipped uk the price chances fairly often

however you can get a remap else where for alot less, your really paying for the great map and the abilty to do it yourself with the st-3, so instead of just being stuck with the 1 you can swap between the standard, eco, fast road or race, depending on what you go for.

ou can get the bluefin from superchips for normally around the same marker, but im not sure how many maps you can get with that

Ah I see, so basically a premium product. Thought REVO and Bluefin were top at that?

A little bit of topic, but can anyone link me to upgraded breaks ? nothing fancy, no porsche update, just something for better stopping on the road and maybe looking bigger behind the alloys, possible around £500 ... or do i need a 1K ?

Thanx :)

That was some write up there Kaz! haha What brake is youres now from 140?

Standards 140 - 236 lb-ft (they do a bit more in real life) - im sure mine was putting out around 150+ as it was quicker than the others i test drove and my mates was standard and dyno'd at 158.

Remapped - Between 180-190bhp and about 300lb of tourqe.

About 65lb ft of touqe increase and just over 40bhp.

Gona get her dyno'd but cant really justify spending 40quid on one!

Might go and barter with the guys at Awesome GTI :p lol

Ah I see, so basically a premium product. Thought REVO and Bluefin were top at that?

A little bit of topic, but can anyone link me to upgraded breaks ? nothing fancy, no porsche update, just something for better stopping on the road and maybe looking bigger behind the alloys, possible around £500 ... or do i need a 1K ?

Thanx :)

You can get GTI mk5 carriers and use your standard calipers to do the 312mm conversion.

You need pads, 312 discs, and the 312mm carrier off a gti.

Or, you canget the 345mm brakes (which is what i have) for around £300 from a breakers and then you need the pipes and pads and discs (my discs had only done 7k so didnt replace). Cost me around £330 all in. Or you get them brand new in red from Seat for £555. But I got the rear ones for that price which was good but usually, your looking £500 for front and rears...

The 345mm are a lot better then the 312mm from the guys who have done the conversion on the GTI...I justified that the extra money involved to have the 345 are worth it.

i would be interested in one for my 2007 VW caddy 1.9 sdi van

The 345mm are a lot better then the 312mm from the guys who have done the conversion on the GTI...I justified that the extra money involved to have the 345 are worth it.

Can confirm this.
I had a MK5 Gti before the S3 and the bigger discs make a remarkable difference.

Cheers
Paul

I am indeed interested, but if nothing comes of this thread before the 25th of this month, i will prob go down the Revo path.

Cheers,

Epic

yeah i hope we get the full 10 people soonish because im gagging for this remap asap.

cheers

i got the st3 too

happy with it but...

i wanna sell my a3 and get an s3 now!! :crying:

is this price of £399inc vat on thier website not including all the maps or something?
http://www.chippeduk.com/products/ST3/ST3_Intelligent_Self_Tuning_System.html
also how do you change between maps? is it very easy to do?

I dont understand that price becuase when i phoned the other day he said they were £525 but that price on the site will include the maps but i'd rather pay £299 with the maps .

the maps are easy to change, you just plug it in to your car at the diagnostics port and follow the easy instructions on the st-3 and the maps take 5 mins to swap over.

Have you posted this in the Tuning section too?

I think Mark at chip n spin was running a promotion like this recently

I think Mark at chip n spin was running a promotion like this recently

yeah he is offering them for £399 atm but i would prefer paying only £299, it was chipped uk HQ who offered me this

if i had the extra £100 i would have gone to chip n spin because that is still a good price but the cheaper the better.

7 more names people hahaha

does anyone know if when you re-set the original map if it shows that the count has gone up when it goes in for servicing. The reason I would like to know is that even though I have a 5 reg plate I took advantage of the extra 2 years warranty and don't want the hassle of quibbles. No I do remember Revo saying that the software when set back to standard then doesn't show to the audi guys that its been mapped.

Can anyone confirm this about the ST3? IF it does this I will have one of these if we can get 10 people.

Cheers, Biggie

does anyone know if when you re-set the original map if it shows that the count has gone up when it goes in for servicing. The reason I would like to know is that even though I have a 5 reg plate I took advantage of the extra 2 years warranty and don't want the hassle of quibbles. No I do remember Revo saying that the software when set back to standard then doesn't show to the audi guys that its been mapped.

Can anyone confirm this about the ST3? IF it does this I will have one of these if we can get 10 people.

Cheers, Biggie

your best bet if to ring chipped uk and ask

but i would think theres no way to tell once its flashed back to your original map.

ask for Jason if you ring and he will explain anything you need to kno.

lex

ive taken my car twice to the stealers to have stuff sorted out since i had the st3 (not st3 related issues) set back to my original map and both times they havent said anything about it

im guessin its ok, or they just not checkin car thoroughly ;)

It does make sense what your saying although i'm not sure how much the chip will tell audi.

I did read somewhere that revo wipes the settings when you use the sps switcher so that it looks like its a clean car but i can't find where i read it lol!

heres a quick review of minee

But the mid end and top end touqe - though the roof! I was doing 30 down a road and i had a scooby try to overtake me - i floored it and there was no chance in hell he was getting past. He had to slow down and get back in behind me. Think it were a WRX.

HTHs

Yup, real safe driving there.... I somehow think you weren't on a dual carriageway doing 30mph. I'm not going to rant but if someone is going to overtake you DONT put your foot down, let them go by and THEN have some fun. If the guy in the WRX is a bit thick he would end up trying it, ergo putting his car into an oncoming car with three kids and a granny in it.

Hope you get my point......