Latest photos with a few subtle changes

Crunch

Reaction score
Hi all, i've had my car just over a month now and finally got round to taking some pics today, not the best as the cars wet (looks like the tints bubbling - it isnt) and its snowing.

First off is the tints, i went for 5% on the back window, 20% on the rears and 35% on the fronts. Looks good, although next time i'll probably go 5/5/20.

Second thing is ive had it remapped, a company in derby called cc tuning came to my house and did it, its made quite a noticeable difference in power and economy, although top speed remains the same as its obviously limited by the gearing.

The last thing i did is bought the plates, they make the car look much more complete now. I think thats it for now though, although im still not sure on the wheels - they need a clean i know.
08022009092Medium.jpg
08022009093Medium.jpg
DSC00018Medium.jpg
DSC00021Medium.jpg
w9yseMedium.jpg

Looks good mate - looks like mine bar the tints and brakes :D

I want to get mine tinted but im qoung so any reason to pull me, the coppers go for it. Think i'll hold off for a year or two :p i was 20 on the rear 3 and the darkest legal on the front... Can you see in with 20% ?

Deadged bum looks good too.

Like it a lot matey :p

Remaps awesome isnt it - had mine done recently and it pulls in any gear, any revs :D Love it.

are they 19 inch they look good on the lava grey to i may have to get a set ...

Looks good mate, I would keep those wheels!

Just out of interest, is the spacing on the number plate not illegal? I always considered it to be when it was like that but might just be me!

Thanks for the kind comments everyone, proud of my car now, haha.

Clive - Yep its the 140bhp sport, remap is great, got the power bug now though, want more. I got a special offer, I paid £225 for the map.

Kaz - I've only just turned 20 myself, the police don't seem /that/ bothered about the tints yet (touchwood) You can just about see in with 20 if you get it in the right conditions, althought you'd only see a silhouette.

10blazin - Nope mate they are 18's, could do with a refurb though tbh!

jmohide - Yes mate the spacing is illegal.

they look fine from here i thought they were 19 though they look quite big maybe a drop would finish the car off im looking to do it myself soon...

Thanks for the kind comments everyone, proud of my car now, haha.

Clive - Yep its the 140bhp sport, remap is great, got the power bug now though, want more. I got a special offer, I paid £225 for the map.

Kaz - I've only just turned 20 myself, the police don't seem /that/ bothered about the tints yet (touchwood) You can just about see in with 20 if you get it in the right conditions, althought you'd only see a silhouette.

10blazin - Nope mate they are 18's, could do with a refurb though tbh!

jmohide - Yes mate the spacing is illegal.

I think the reason they look bigger is because the tyres are the wrong size for the A3, My money is on them being 215/35/18 instead of factory 225/40/18 for the standard 18's

Looks good though, decent tints suit dark coloured cars well.

haha, correct mate. They are 215/35s

The prev owner put the wrong size tyre on and left the rim exposed as a result, leading to him kerbing every single wheel.

Where can I start looking for decent springs? I don' want to ruin the handling of it with some dodgy max power springs. The only problem is the height, it's low enough as it is and scrapes on some speedbumps with 4 people in.

yeah i like the thinner tyres they look better although are roads are poo in manchester...my sline is bumpin all over the holes in manchester ...there gettin worse the damn roads need re doin lol

I think the reason they look bigger is because the tyres are the wrong size for the A3, My money is on them being 215/35/18 instead of factory 225/40/18 for the standard 18's

Looks good though, decent tints suit dark coloured cars well.

Your wheels look awesome - my 18s look small and i found out why now!

Defo thinking 20 on the tints now - looks top!

As for springs, if you dont want coilies - you can get eibachs or H&R. IIRC, you can use the eibacs and drop it 30mm and it wont affect the ride or handling that much!

No, coilies are ott for road use imo, although thats another argument. I'll have a look at the eibachs. Cheers.