Anyone remapped the new A3 1.8TFSI

MixedUp

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has had their A3 1.8TFSI remapped? I know it's a relatively "new" engine and I think Revo's the only one who has cracked the "code" and release a remap? I'd be interested to hear people's opinions as their isn't much available info on the forums

I have driven revo's 1.8 TFSi its a great car, engine respones well nice smooth power curve have to say it felt as quick as the old S3 1.8's I have driven!

60 bhp and 150ish torques over std !!
Those are serious gains.

At last! I was begining to wonder if the 1.8t FSI had been overlooked.

Food for thought indeed.

60 bhp and 150ish torques over std !!
Those are serious gains.

Serious gains over standard indeed. Though as I read it the 1.8TFSI they actually remapped was pumping out well over standard with 187bhp and 201ftlb of torque already, which isn't too shabby! I've read one or two other things on t'net that show this engine is pumping a fair bit over 160bhp in a number of cases.

http://www.revotechnik.com/aboutRevo/news/TSiTFSi_engines.aspx

I know on A5oc.com that some have remapped their A5s with the 1.8TFSI engine & not with Revo & with excellent results - though that car has the 170 horses version it may mean other tuners have cracked the same engine as well.

don't forget flash counters guys! make sure your tuner can reset them otherwise it'll be obvious to your dealer!

don't forget flash counters guys! make sure your tuner can reset them otherwise it'll be obvious to your dealer!

Carl

Can dealers see the Revo map even after the flash counter has been reset?

Also can the map be removed and restored like Bluefin? If so how?

Thanks
Ron

I have driven revo's 1.8 TFSi its a great car, engine respones well nice smooth power curve have to say it felt as quick as the old S3 1.8's I have driven!

Andy

Where did you drive this? Would be very nice to compare.

Carl

Can dealers see the Revo map even after the flash counter has been reset?

Also can the map be removed and restored like Bluefin? If so how?

Thanks
Ron

as long as it's switched to stock with a switch they'll have no idea :)

Bringing this back to the top as I haven't many real world experiences with a remapped 1.8TFSi. Anyone here on the forums have their 1.8TFSi remapped and what's it like compared to stock. I've read that the 1.8TFSi already pumps out more than factory numbers so hows the difference. Does the fact it already pumps out more mean the gains via the chip are even more?

Cheers.

Hi All,

Anyone here can comment what the 0-62mph times are on a 1.8TFSI A3 flashed and non flashed?

Thanks,
K.