Engine warning light

APL TDi

Reaction score
Hi all

One thing I have not asked as do A3's have engine warning lights or check engine lights?

With all my problems so far with a faulty turbo and what seems to be a boost leak, I have not had a check engine light or engine warning light?

Is this right? Or could it be possible that the garage I bought it from has disconnected the warning light?

There's defo an engine warning light - mine came on when my Intake Manifold Flap went bust.

To make sure its not been switched off, when you flick the key one notch forward so the electrical components come on,it should come on.

It is in the circle of the rev meter and there's 3 yellow lights that should come on - Globe plug, Engine managment and cant remember what the other one is :S

Its in the manual anyways

HTH

Cheers, just went and checked.

three lights came on, one was a coil, one was the traction control light and the other one which is a block like shape came on. I guess the block like shape is the engine warning light? This did not come on when the car went into limp mode tho?

Is there anyhting that comes on on the DIS thingy? I ahve a warning light at the monent telling me that I have a head light bulb out.... (need to change that)

Cheers

Its this one:
eng_man_light_72.jpg

Its defo working than.

With my experiances of the DIS, its just bulbs, doors open, washer fluid etc.

No mechanical malfunctions came up on it.

yup, thats the one.

cheers for the help mate

No worries fella!

Hope the car gets sorted so you can get yourself that remap.

Had mine done and **** me - Its fast as fudggggeee ! :p

Best mod to date :p

Its this one:
eng_man_light_72.jpg

Its defo working than.

With my experiances of the DIS, its just bulbs, doors open, washer fluid etc.

No mechanical malfunctions came up on it.

Ah, the misfire light. Well it was on my motor.