Quick question

HotboxDeluxe

automatic
Reaction score
Hi all

I would be very grateful if anyone could tell me how to get the interior light out of my car without breaking it into lots of tiny little bits :search:as i want to investigate fitting ambient (i think its called that) lighting without buying a whole new unit - the LED modules themselves are very cheap, and i want to see what the thing looks like inside before i'm happy with the thought of drilling holes and stuff!
It's an '06 sportback if that makes a difference

TIA
Adam

Finally got round to doing it yesterday:yes:

Followed the intructions to the letter, precisely, oh yes...aaaand, made a right mess of it. The holes are in the wrong place and they are jagged and ugly. Following on from my door mirror fiasco (it still doesn't line up perfect, AND I don't see how to actually plug the ******* in without tin-snipping the door open, AND I broke a clip on the ali trim :keule:) I am seriously considering never ever ever going near my car with a screwdriver again - I used to be good at stuff like this, you know? :notme:

So now I am searching for : the cover bit where the LED's shine through, with holes, with hole for sunroof switch, in black. I don't know if they only come with map-reading lights (mine has none) but I don't care. I like the red LED idea (found them very soothing in a previous BMW) and want the right cover. If I have to retrofit map lights as well in the future I don't mind, hopefully the car won't catch fire.

Searching for a part number for the bit...fun :wacko: