Badger5JMB Retrofits
    Reverse Gear

Status

Replacement Service Book

Hi,

I've just bought a Jan 08 S3 but unfortunately the previous owner didnt hand the service book, radio code or audi assistance book back to the dealer it came from (we dont have one here any more). Is it possible to order a replacement service book - does anyone know the part code?

Car is just coming up to its first oil service so I want to get the stamp at the VW dealer.

Thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Can you not ring the dealer you got it from and get them to send one as a good will gesture? Surely they should of got you a replacement one if they sold you the car
    Sold: A3 2.0 TDI 170 S-line | Full leather | BOSE | Phantom Black | Bluefin
    Now: Mini John Cooper Works

Reverse Gear

Status
    I bought the car from a local vehicle sourcing company (we havent had an audi dealer here since lancaster left in 2005) - they basically bought the car trade from a dealer some where on the mainland and brought it over here and re-registered it and took my part ex etc. (Most mainland dealers i spoke with werent keen on a manx registered PX) I've been pestering them for a while for the service book but still no show - I thought i'd have a go myself at getting one
    Last edited by harps; 2nd February 2009 at 12:29.

6th Gear

Status
    Thats a bit of a pain, the service book is specific to the car as it has the sticker in the front cover with the engine, gearbox & spec etc stuck on it. I guess they may be able to get you one, you may have to prove ownership. Has the new car got a Manx plate on it?

You should have fun with the car, my mate stays in Port Erin and flies about all the back roads in his TT quattro
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

Reverse Gear

Status
    thanks, i hoped it would be easy to get one as the cars never been serviced - i'll try ringing some dealers i guess - could be an excuse for a trip over.

Cars great, I had an 8L S3 a couple of years back and its such a difference.

6th Gear

Status
    I lost mine on my previous car - Golf mk4.

I rang up VW and they gave me a service book that said duplicate on it and stamped up the VW stamps they had on file and i had to get the non vw stamped again from the garages.

Cant remember the cost though...
    Audi A3 S-Line DSG - sold
    Golf Mk4 Autograph - sold
    Currently Vtec'in around in an Accord Type R :P

For Sale: ST3 Remap Console - PM Me :P
    Vagcom'd too

5th Gear

Status
    As other have said yes you can get one as my A3 has one, the car was snached back from a previous owner as they didn't keep up with payments.
    The book says duplicate on the inside cover,
    Previous
    S
    Ibis White - 2007

Current
    A5 Ibis White - 2007
    S3 Black - 2001

VCDS user

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mattandrew View Post
    As other have said yes you can get one as my A3 has one, the car was snached back from a previous owner as they didn't keep up with payments.
    The book says duplicate on the inside cover,

i'm beginning to think thats what might have happened to mine as the owner on the V5 was a leasing company. What you have would do the trick.

Neutral

Status
    I buy cars off lease companies all the while, ring them up they will have the service book. If not they will tell you the supplying dealer. they have radio codes on computer. You will have to supply proof of purchase though.