Temperature related loud squeak - Ideas?

tobycruse

Reaction score
I posted this question on S3-Talk.com and wanted to ask you guys here what you thought.

When i drive the car in the morning a loud squeak can be heard from the rear. It will only happen over some bumps but not all. It is intermittent, ie hard to tell when it will make the noise or not. It can come from either the left or right side of the car.

As the day warms up the squeak will come less often. It can be heard from outside the car which is embarrassing to say the least!

The colder it is the worse it is.

People have said it may be the bushes on the anti roll bars or the suspension. Solution is they need lubricating or have Teflon bushes put on.

Does anyone have any idea what else it could be? Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

The car is booked in this Wednesday with AmD and they are going to have a look at it.

Has it only done it with the KW's?
When I had my KW's on my R32 I removed the rubber plate that the springs sit on to lower the car a further 10mm. It used to make a reall loud creaking noise. Have a look at the springs and see what they are sitting on. Is it metal or a black rubber pad?

Yeah its gotta be bushes at rear or the suspension, wd40 usually helps around the spring base as I had this on my 8L & was spring related, quick squirt as they say & it alleviated, even lift up quickly & move the spring literally even mm's can resolve that noise, but with it being cold & you say as day goes on gets warmer I'd be more inclined to think was the bushes on the ARB

Just dropped my car off at AmD today to get the squeak sorted. I mentioned to Shaun all the stuff you guys suggested. Fingers crossed ill get it back with NO SQUEAK!!