HID'S? WIPER MOTOR FAILED? DO YOU HAVE 'AUTO LIGHTS SWITCH AUTO LIGHTS ON YOUR CAR???

I know your point Fnmrst.

All the people who already had problems are so so unconfident with any HID.

I had to deal with people in your situation for many years. while i told to my clients not to buy HID kits for A3 other companies were selling HID for A3.

To bad I had to deal with other companies problems & Audi owners really mad & confuse about HID kits.

hey im sure that your kits do work its just a costly mistake by me to get cheap aftermarket ones off ebay lol ive been stung by the problem that most do by fitting them

Lads, thought i would give you some input. I havent read through all the posts so forgive me if this has been answered before. THE FIX is to find the earth lead off the wiper motor and ground it DIRECTLY to the negative terminal on the battery and this should fix it! I had a similar problem with my golf and this cured it for good!!

Lads, thought i would give you some input. I havent read through all the posts so forgive me if this has been answered before. THE FIX is to find the earth lead off the wiper motor and ground it DIRECTLY to the negative terminal on the battery and this should fix it! I had a similar problem with my golf and this cured it for good!!
yeah i think someone said about that in this thread

No, that´s not the FIX.

If you do that you will broke the A38P wiper motor anyway.

The FIX is to use a speciall HID.

The Welldone A38P HID has no ground cable.

The full HID is fitted inside of the headlight, so no ballast or cables outside.

Don´t give this advices if you are not sure because someone will try it & will blow his wiper motor away (a $700 FIX).

It´s not about the electric peak.

It´s not about ground cables to HID or wiper motor.

It´s not about OEM or aftermarket. (some OEM Hella, Valeo, Mitsubishi ballast might work, but some won´t)

Last edited by a moderator:
No, that´s not the FIX.

If you do that you will broke the A38P wiper motor anyway.

The FIX is to use a speciall HID.

The Welldone A38P HID has no ground cable.

The full HID is fitted inside of the headlight, so no ballast or cables outside.

Don´t give this advices if you are not sure because someone will try it & will blow his wiper motor away (a $700 FIX).

It´s not about the electric peak.

It´s not about ground cables to HID or wiper motor.

It´s not about OEM or aftermarket. (some OEM Hella, Valeo, Mitsubishi ballast might work, but some won´t)

So please enlighten us all.

You have told us what it's NOT about - now tell us what it IS about without just saying 'special HID's'

Stock OEM HID for A3 8p does not blow away the motor. Regular aftermarket HID does.

I think it´s obvious where the problem is. So just make regular HIDs like OEM HID.

Somebody did already, so is so easy as use it.

Wiper motor is not the only problem with regular aftermarket HIDs, there are plenty of them:
- ABS
- ESP
- Airbag
- Radio
- The car engine turn off
etc...

Well im speaking from my experience. Sure, i will agree with you that it was blowing a wiper motor, you fix that, then whats to stop it blowing something else? Thats fair enough, but as the other chap on here said how it works and even he said top audi techs have told him this too. On my car it was blowing sidelights like there was no tomorrow. As soon as i did it this way i never had a problem from then on. Until the engine blew, but thats a different story.

I was merely trying to help a few people out with my own experience.

Before installing the exclusive A38P HID from Welldone I blowed away the wiper motor 4 times. This happend in 2005-2006.

In that time Audi (VW) didn´t know about the wiper motor problem, so they fix it for free under guarantee.

The first 2 broken wiper motors happend in a Golf V. (fixed under guarantee)

I tryed everything:
- 35w ballast + cancellers
- CANBUS ballast
- Relays
- VAG COM HID Coding
- & long etc.

After all this bad experience with aftermarket HID I recommended not to install HID in the A38P to all of my clients in Europe.

Since Welldone is Sponsor of AudiSport-Iberica forum we received many request from A3 owners to install HID. We refuse to sell or install HID in Audi A3 by that time (around 2006-2007)

95% of all Audi A3 I know blowed away their wiper motor after installing HID lights. Seems like not all the A3 were sensible to the wiper motor issue.

This is why some people told they had no problems with aftermarket HID. Because they were the 5% of the A3 with no wiper motor issues.

AS you know most VW cars share many OEM parts.
For example:
- Audi A3, Golf V, Seat Leon2

I have seen Golf V with broken wiper motors & Seat leon also, but only a few cases.

Nothing worked until the A38P exclusive HID. First time I used was 2008.

I made some test with the new HID in some A3 for few months. They worked like a charm!

Then we introduced the A38P HID and offered this HID to all A3 owners as a AudiSport-iberica Sponsor.

People were so so unconfident with this HID at first time, but they end up making many buying groups to Welldone Spain. (I worked there at that time)

Nowadays, after almost 3 years. No single wiper motor blowed away with the exclusive A38P HID.

We shipped this HIDs to many countries, Spain, Portugal, Argentina, Peru, Brazil.

I can´t understan how english forums didn´t notice that there was a HID working for A3 from 2008 until now 2011. (almost 3 years)

I could read in this forum and others how people was so desperate finding a HID for the Adi A3. But this is nothing new, people have been using this HID for years.

Even it´s late (A3 was released in 2003) I think many people will be interested in this information.

Know some people will be unconfident about my information but they just need to use the translator and read Spanish forums.

Some people even resell this A38P exclusive HID in ebay also at higher prices:
Translation result for http://cgi.ebay.es/Kit-Xenon-Audi-a3-8P-H1-H7-No-Rompe-Motor-del-limpia-/270713171854?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_186&hash=item3f07c32f8

Still need auto levelling and headlamp washers though !!

You are right!
And you forget a headlight with DC homologation for HID lamps (A3 +2003 already have it).
If there is no DC headlights HID is not allowed no matter headlight washer or Auto leveling, so if you are using Dayline or Angel Eyes Headlights HID will never be 100% legal.

Thats why they sell both:

- auto levelling
Automatic Leveling System - Well-Done

- headlamp washers:
Headlamp Washer - Well-Done

But anyway that is the less important thing for an Audi A3. People have been blowing away wiper motors for years. I think that´s the big improvement.

AudiSport-Iberica forum is already working so now you can check what people think about the exclusive HID for the A3.

They have been using it since 2008 so if people still buying is because it works.

- People discussing about Welldone A38P HID or OEM AUDI HID
Encuesta kit xenon - Audisport Iberica

Some problem with old Welldone HID in Audi A3 Restyling (ALREADY SOLVED with new version)

- People who bought the A38P HID but does not fit in A3 Restyling (+2009):
PROBLEMA ADAPTADOR CON KIT WELLDONE - Audisport Iberica

- Fiting problems on A3 Restyling:
Kit xenon faros para restiling - Audisport Iberica

- More Post about fiting problems:
Problema instalacion kit xenon well-done en Restyling - Audisport Iberica

People discussing about Welldone HID and Radio noise in Audi A3:
(seems like happends anyway OEM HID or Welldone HID, so is not the HID lights)
zumbido de la radio - Audisport Iberica

i spoke to hids4u and when you buy from them it comes with an extra wiring harness that goes straight onto the battery to stop all of these problems,

i spoke to hids4u and when you buy from them it comes with an extra wiring harness that goes straight onto the battery to stop all of these problems,

Sure...

Good luck with that.

This is worthless. Seems like they don´t even know why the wiper motor blow away.

Welldone HID for the Audi A3 uses no extra wiring, not battery cables. No wiper motor blowed away since it came out in 2008.

They only use this HID for Audi A3, so it´s been used in many Audi A3 (hundreds of Only A3).

No one blowed away anything. That´s the reality.

Trying things like cancellers, 55w, CANBUS, resistors, extra cables, etc is worthless. Will blow away your motor anyway. ($700 Fix)

Why keep trying how to blow away your wiper motor making more & more worthless tests when there is already an exclusive HID for Audi A3 that guarantees will work perfect ?

I really recommend you guys to read some post from AudiSport-Iberica forum (in spanish). Real information from real Audi A3 owners. Not just thoughts.

By the way someone from vortex forum already order one for his Audi A3 after blowing away his wiper motor.

Some guy from Canda already tryed that HID in his Audi A3 with DRL Headlights & H9 bulbs.
His review is already posted in Vortex forum.

He blowed away his wiper motor few weeks ago with other HID. Now he installed the Welldone HID & his wiper blades keep working as always.

VWVortex.com - Well-Done HID kits

its very simple to overcome this one guys and gals! what u need to do is cut the earth wire going to the wipermotor (remember to give ur self enough wire to attatch another) and lay a new one to the earth terminal on the battery! its extremly easy do to and should take too long! :w00t:

the reason that the aftermarket kits blow the wiper motors is because of the inital spike of power they generate on inital start up, they backfeed through the shared earth down under the N/S/F headlight and it backs right up to the wiper motor and boom the wipers dont work ... i've done this on my 2007 A3 over 2 months ago now and i've had no problems at all! :jump:

hope this helps some of u in the future!

I've got a 2007 Audi A3 Sportback. Is your A3 a Sportback? Thanks.