EM TuningAH Fabrications
    2nd Gear

Status

Question Remap questions - Brand new car

Hello guys.

This forum is certainly the most active UK A3 forum, so of most use to me. Lots of interesting stuff!

I've ordered the 3-door, manual 2.0 TFSI. This was my 2nd choice as I couldn't quite stretch my finances to a new S3 (which is what I lusted after .... those buckets are sweet!)

Anyways ... I have a heavy right foot and am looking forward to having a bit more power than my 206. I'm very interested in the Revo/Superchips/AMD remaps, as they seem like a no-brainer for the money.

Main questions are:

1. Would you remap a brand new car? Run it in for a couple of months first? Wait a year?
    2. What's the usual response from the Audi dealers when they get the car back for servicing?

A remap would involve a visit to the mainland (which is likely to cost me 350 given the daylight robbery rates charged by our ferry operator) so I'd like to having everything sussed out in advance.

Car's not gonna be here until mid-March anyway so I have a bit of time to do some research!

Thanks for your help,

Chris

2. # ADS
    ADS

S3 (8P)

Status
    Run it in, and remap it.
    You will treble your enjoyment for little outlay.
    The dealer wont notice, but you will.
    REVO or GIAC seems to be the preferred option.

My experience is with REVO, brilliant product, great after sales, big dealer network too if your out in the sticks.

I remapped my Golf 20TFSI and it was a HUGE transformation, no brainer, seriously.

Do it and go giant killing.

Hope this helps

Cheers
    Paul

Just Looking

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulAr View Post
    The dealer wont notice, but you will.
    Hopefully as long as you have a switch.

An interesting thread currently on Briskoda about 'dealer detection', seems they are on to the TDi boys.

Thanks to Grego73 for the picture - http://briskoda.net/octavia-ii/405nm-factory/135427/
    Last edited by VRStu; 31st January 2009 at 09:05.
    Stu.

A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, Quartz Grey, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara with Silver Stitching & Heating, Nav High, B & O, AMI, DAB, Parking Advanced & Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated Electric Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

Previous MY11 S3 Sportback Black Edition, S-Tronic, Ibis White.

S3 (8P)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by VRStu View Post
    Hopefully as long as you have a switch.

An interesting thread currently on Briskoda about 'dealer detection', seems they are on to the TDi boys.

Thanks to Grego73 for the picture - http://briskoda.net/octavia-ii/405nm-factory/135427/
    Interesting.

But yeah, you should always `disable` the remap for dealer visits.

Paul

2nd Gear

Status
    Thanks guys.

Which of the remaps are easily switch-on/offable?

Chris

Just Looking

Status
    Superchips, REVO, GIAC and I think APR.
    Stu.

A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, Quartz Grey, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara with Silver Stitching & Heating, Nav High, B & O, AMI, DAB, Parking Advanced & Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated Electric Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

2nd Gear

Status
    Cheers Stu. Very useful.

Chris

Reverse Gear

Status
    Superchips' Bluefin product would be your ideal choice as it wouldn't involve you travelling anywhere - they post the device to you, you just apply it yourself and have the ability to remove it too. You also have a 7 day trial.

Unfortunately, if your car is a brand new facelift model then I don't think Superchips have a working product for you at the moment - at least they didn't for my 2.0 TFSI.. Not sure if they've made any progress yet?

1st Gear

Status
    don't forget flash counters.....very easy for a dealer to detect software if your tuner/tuning device dosen't reset your flash counters!

Just Looking

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by revo carl View Post
    don't forget flash counters.....very easy for a dealer to detect software if your tuner/tuning device dosen't reset your flash counters!

Without going into too much detail Carl whilst instilling the virtues of the Select Plus to an owner I looked at a GTi ED30 on Tuesday, SW installed by a dealer and set to 6 6 6 and the counter not reset.
    Stu.

1st Gear

Status
    had the car had a dealer update?

Just Looking

Status
    had the car had a dealer update?
    Owner says not Carl.

On the plus side he was most impressed with the Select Plus and will be buying one

Were you at the Pod yesterday mate? I've mailed Kev some pics that were taken.

You got any details on the VAS GFF test to prove the 'chip tuning'? I've asked a couple of people but waiting some answers.
    Stu.

1st Gear

Status
    i was feel free to send them over to me too!

it gives an indication as load will have changed internally.....but if the car has a fault and isn't making the initial load the car will try to make more, so only really an indication!

Just Looking

Status
    i was feel free to send them over to me too!
    In the post mate.
    Stu.