Volks AutosBadger5
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    10blazin's Avatar
    HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    gorton
    Posts
    3,272

    09 front end conversion

    if anyone is interested on doing the convertion heres a full s3 front end on ebay i think hatmeow wants to do it hes also selling and 07 s3 front and skirts
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2008-Audi-S3-F...1%7C240%3A1318

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Telford
    Posts
    2,488
    Mmm, Another broken S3 in manchester!

    1. He has the complete front end so no crash damage there.
    2. Rear lights so no crash damage there.
    3. Mint sideskirts and wing mirrors would indicate no side damage either.

    What happened to this 30k car for it to be broken on someones drive in manchester?

    Mmmmm
    Last edited by Lee_R; 29th January 2009 at 22:32.
    B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh

  4. #3
    maars's Avatar
    Full speed ahead

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    567
    The plot thickens...
    On the potentially expensive stuff it's "Cash on Collection only from Manchester." whereas on the smaller, cheaper stuff it's "Collection not available on this item,,,".
    I wonder if you'd ever get to part with the cash and go home with the parts?!
    Daytona RS4 Avant :: black optics

  5. #4
    JohnS3's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    3,021
    Exactamundo!


  6. #5
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Telford
    Posts
    2,488
    Yes I mentioned in a thread before my brother fell into the same trap in Manchester when buying some Alloys.

    Cash on collection = Knife threatening robbery! And the sort of guys who do this would never get invloved with stolen cars surely!?
    B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh

  7. #6
    kaz219's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Manchester/Liverpool Uni
    Posts
    1,796
    Hes got a 2007 and 2008 S3 - defo dodgy...

    I came across these guys a while ago (im sure it was them) - i wanted to buy some R32 brakes off them but they really did seem dodgy - i asked are they off a crash damaged and he said "yes" and then i said were they damaged in the crash, he said the car wasnt damaged and he was upgrading them...Im pretty sure its the same guys...

    Seriously - Id advise everyone to stay clear.

    They're finance fraud cars taken out purely to be stripped and claimed on the insurance or hired cars that get nicked and the 500 excess is a small amount to pay for at least 5k worth of S3 parts...

    Or, as some members have experianced - nicked violently. Dont support these guys...Dont buy them.
    Audi A3 S-Line DSG - sold
    Golf Mk4 Autograph - sold
    Currently Vtec'in around in an Accord Type R :P

    For Sale: ST3 Remap Console - PM Me :P
    Vagcom'd too

  8. #7
    10blazin's Avatar
    HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    gorton
    Posts
    3,272
    i thought it was a little dodgy i asked him where abouts in manchester they was and he wouldnt say.... because im thinking to get an 07 s3 front bumper

    Quote Originally Posted by kaz219 View Post
    Hes got a 2007 and 2008 S3 - defo dodgy...

    I came across these guys a while ago (im sure it was them) - i wanted to buy some R32 brakes off them but they really did seem dodgy - i asked are they off a crash damaged and he said "yes" and then i said were they damaged in the crash, he said the car wasnt damaged and he was upgrading them...Im pretty sure its the same guys...

    Seriously - Id advise everyone to stay clear.

    They're finance fraud cars taken out purely to be stripped and claimed on the insurance or hired cars that get nicked and the 500 excess is a small amount to pay for at least 5k worth of S3 parts...

    Or, as some members have experianced - nicked violently. Dont support these guys...Dont buy them.

  9. #8
    maars's Avatar
    Full speed ahead

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    567
    Take a look at the seller's feedback - all he seems to have bought is a few 99p PS2 games!
    Daytona RS4 Avant :: black optics

  10. #9
    Khufu's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    West coast of Scotland
    Posts
    5,693
    I also see one of the bumpers that he is 'able' to deliver he is wanting 100 for delivery!!!!
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

  11. #10
    ronald_adi's Avatar
    Audi A3 2.0 TDI 170HP Quattro

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ntherlands
    Posts
    40
    Guys, I have been talking with this guys and was ready to buy the lot,.. but at the point when i wanted his adress,.. he has disappeared and will not answer my calls anymore.

    Very fishy stuff and a real pity that there are people in this world who are like this. And he has kids too (heard them in the background).

    very sad.

  12. #11
    cashmoney's Avatar
    snow white

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    wouldnt you like to knw
    Posts
    4

    08 facelift parts in manchester

    Hi i spoke to this guy also i told him i would buy the lot he said he would deliver to my house and i can pay him when he gets here but i said to him i would pay thro pay pal and he can send it but then he keeps making excuses

  13. #12
    hatmeow's Avatar
    Turbo is the only way....

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by 10blazin View Post
    if anyone is interested on doing the convertion heres a full s3 front end on ebay i think hatmeow wants to do it hes also selling and 07 s3 front and skirts
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2008-Audi-S3-F...1%7C240%3A1318

    Thanks Blazin for your post. I have decided not to go through with it as it is too involved and too costly to do it right (I am NOT buying from these dodgy guys). Money better spent on buying a K04!!

    Thanks again!
    A3 2.0T Sportback DSG.

    Engine / Trans:
    K04, Unitronic Stg II+ & DSG Stg II, S3 Injectors and Intercooler, APR F/Pump. BSH Intake, Forge DV, Oettinger Turbo Outlet, Eurojet throttle pipe, Milltek TBE. SP Meth Injection.

    Brakes and Suspension:
    Brembo 6 pot w/ 345mm slotted disks, TT front suspension, HPA Coliovers, OZ Palladio, 225/40/18 BS RE001

    Others:
    S3 Front, Pedals, & Mirrors, 09 SB Skirts & LED Rear Lights, Original HID retrofit, Oettinger Roof Spoiler. Defi Turbo Guage, FBMFSW

  14. #13
    hatmeow's Avatar
    Turbo is the only way....

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    247
    I dont quite understand how he is going to complete the transaction if he does not expect to give the address to you?

    "Cash pick up in Manchester..." Hum..... very fishy.

    Quote Originally Posted by ronald_adi View Post
    Guys, I have been talking with this guys and was ready to buy the lot,.. but at the point when i wanted his adress,.. he has disappeared and will not answer my calls anymore.

    Very fishy stuff and a real pity that there are people in this world who are like this. And he has kids too (heard them in the background).

    very sad.
    A3 2.0T Sportback DSG.

    Engine / Trans:
    K04, Unitronic Stg II+ & DSG Stg II, S3 Injectors and Intercooler, APR F/Pump. BSH Intake, Forge DV, Oettinger Turbo Outlet, Eurojet throttle pipe, Milltek TBE. SP Meth Injection.

    Brakes and Suspension:
    Brembo 6 pot w/ 345mm slotted disks, TT front suspension, HPA Coliovers, OZ Palladio, 225/40/18 BS RE001

    Others:
    S3 Front, Pedals, & Mirrors, 09 SB Skirts & LED Rear Lights, Original HID retrofit, Oettinger Roof Spoiler. Defi Turbo Guage, FBMFSW

  15. #14
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Telford
    Posts
    2,488
    Quote Originally Posted by hatmeow View Post
    I dont quite understand how he is going to complete the transaction if he does not expect to give the address to you?

    "Cash pick up in Manchester..." Hum..... very fishy.
    They probably havent decided on the "safe house" empty address yet. This is the place where you will end up stabbed for your "cash on collection"
    B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO