Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport
    SMc
    1st Gear

Status

New Wheels for my A3.....

Thinking of these for my A3.....here is the car.......

and these are the wheels I am considering......

Still keeping 18" although going for 8x18" I reckon.......

What do you reckon?

Silver ones are nice too but I fancy having the matt black with the polished rim.....
    here are the silver ones......

On my 3rd Audi.....my latest PROJECT...... a 2002 A4 1.9TDi Avant Sport.... wrapped matt white with 19" VMR matt black wheels.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Vorsprung Durch Technik

Status
    Id say go with the black and chrome rim mate, I'm after a lava grey to-they look real nice with matte black alloys. Whats the name of the alloys? I'll do a photoshop for ya if you want?
    Audi A3 2.0tdi S Line - Xenons, RNS-E, Bose, Black & Grey duo leather, MY11 rear lights, Shark Performance remap 183 bhp, Optics Grill with American plate delete, S3 Pedals, S3 vents, Weitec Coilovers, MY11 Black Edition FBSW

4th Gear

Status
    get 19's, IMO 18's look ok, but 19's have the wow factor more so.
    Audi A3 2.0TDI S-Line
    OEM+

Coming soon: VW Passat 2.0TDI 170 DSG

SMc
    1st Gear

Status

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Lee_Malone View Post
    Id say go with the black and chrome rim mate, I'm after a lava grey to-they look real nice with matte black alloys. Whats the name of the alloys? I'll do a photoshop for ya if you want?
    A photoshop woud be brilliant mate! Thanks!!

Here are a couple of side-on shots of my car......

The wheels are Team Dynamics EQUINOX in Matt Black......I've been trying to find a decent full face on shot for the photoshop, this is the best I can find.....

Look forward to seeing the photoshop...thanks again!
    On my 3rd Audi.....my latest PROJECT...... a 2002 A4 1.9TDi Avant Sport.... wrapped matt white with 19" VMR matt black wheels.

SMc
    1st Gear

Status

Thumbs up

deleted-duplicate post

SMc
    1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    get 19's, IMO 18's look ok, but 19's have the wow factor more so.
    I was tempted mate....but I dont want to stray too far from standard.....I do a lot of miles and want to keep the same level of comfort I have at the moment....the 19s will be noiser and give a harsher ride........although they would look the ********! :o)

SMc
    1st Gear

Status
    Deleted - duplicate post again....something wrong with this bloody laptop!!

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    stick with your standard wheels

SMc
    1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by N8KOW View Post
    stick with your standard wheels
    Thanks mate, but I am committed to replacing the wheels now! My car is going in Fast Car as a 'staff project' therefore will have subtle changes made to it each month for an article in the mag. I've already had tyres from Continental so must find wheels to commence with the feature!

I'm going to have a look on your website....you got any photos of your A3 on here anywhere?

4th Gear

Status
    fast car mag and subtle in the same sentance?????!! LOL
    Audi A3 2.0TDI S-Line
    OEM+

Coming soon: VW Passat 2.0TDI 170 DSG

SMc
    1st Gear

Status
    lol...It has changed over the last couple of years....the euro/dub style is more their bag now....

SMc
    1st Gear

Status

Here's a tasty subtle car I have in this month's issue.....very much OEM+

It has red RS4 Recaros inside with an RS4 steering wheel.....

Vorsprung Durch Technik

Status
    Here you go mate, tried my best with the wheels, the picture was at a dodgy angle! I've also tinted youre fron windows, lamin-X head lights, fogs and indicators.........Enjoy

Audi A3 2.0tdi S Line - Xenons, RNS-E, Bose, Black & Grey duo leather, MY11 rear lights, Shark Performance remap 183 bhp, Optics Grill with American plate delete, S3 Pedals, S3 vents, Weitec Coilovers, MY11 Black Edition FBSW

SMc
    1st Gear

Status
    Here you go mate, tried my best with the wheels, the picture was at a dodgy angle! I've also tinted youre fron windows, lamin-X head lights, fogs and indicators.........Enjoy

Thats brilliant mate, well done....thanks for taking the time to do that!

I think the wheels are spot on....think I'll go ahead with it....

I'll keep you posted and let you see somne photos of the car with the real ones on when it happens!

What are you planning to do with your 170?

Cheers

Six speed Shimano

Status
    how much are those if u dont mind me askin?

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status
    you read my mind I'm looking at team dynamics 19s for my lava grey was thinking they grey colour though there quite dark almost the same as lava grey when you see them in the flesh or black not sure yet maybe dynamics mesh 111 wheels in grey or team dynamics savage sprayed matt black there nice also i'm getting my windows done to 30 percent all round and i got 09 lights Ive fitted them today took me 45 min Ive tinted them but left the silver going through both lights silver they look wicked i just need to get the coding done but id get your wheels they look nice .....

Quote Originally Posted by SMc View Post

I'll keep you posted and let you see somne photos of the car with the real ones on when it happens!

Cheers

Vorsprung Durch Technik

Status

Cheers
    No worries mate, Im off uni for 2 weeks so got nuthing else to do haha been searching for a car all day and think I've found 1 now...I'll post it up on my 'opinions please' thread. see what ya think.

I think first ill go with optics grill and Lamin x then in summer I'll get a remap. what other plans have u got for yours? what did you think of the tinted window and lights? lol

Quote Originally Posted by 10blazin View Post
    you read my mind I'm looking at team dynamics 19s for my lava grey was thinking they grey colour though there quite dark almost the same as lava grey when you see them in the flesh or black not sure yet maybe dynamics mesh 111 wheels in grey or team dynamics savage sprayed matt black there nice also i'm getting my windows done to 30 percent all round and i got 09 lights Ive fitted them today took me 45 min Ive tinted them but left the silver going through both lights silver they look wicked i just need to get the coding done but id get your wheels they look nice .....
    Get some pics up mate, wouldnt mind seeing 09 lights on a lava grey. And if you want I can photoshop the wheels ur after on ur car if you get me decent pics?

SMc
    1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SunnyDlite View Post
    how much are those if u dont mind me askin?
    Not sure yet mate, I'm in discussions but dont think they are too expensive from what I gather...think they are around 750 for a package with wheels, in size 18".

SMc
    1st Gear

Status
    You spotted the potential too! Well done! I have went through the same dilema....saw the gray ones at Autosport and have been trying to decide between those and matt black too!! lol. In the end, I reckoned the car looks black most of the time whereas I think the grey ones will be a touch too light....but I may be wrong. It was the fact they are matt black that convinced me....think that will be a cool finish.

Do you have any decent photos of your car with the new lights etc? Sounds nice!

SMc
    1st Gear

Status
    Duplicate post - deleted

Six speed Shimano

Status
    hmm im tempted now... man the end of this month is takin forever to come!!!

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status
    i dont know how to post photo,s on here,,, im gona take a few tommorrow and see if i can get some pics on i think they look pretty good im goin with kinda the stealth look not to dark though with the windows and that dont want it looking naff

You spotted the potential too! Well done! I have went through the same dilema....saw the gray ones at Autosport and have been trying to decide between those and matt black too!! lol. In the end, I reckoned the car looks black most of the time whereas I think the grey ones will be a touch too light....but I may be wrong. It was the fact they are matt black that convinced me....think that will be a cool finish.

Do you have any decent photos of your car with the new lights etc? Sounds nice!

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status
    im pretty good with photo shop to il take some pics on sat i think im getting the coding on sat hopefully so il throw daytime and night pics on then im gonna photoshop what im hopefully gona get my car looking like....

No worries mate, Im off uni for 2 weeks so got nuthing else to do haha been searching for a car all day and think I've found 1 now...I'll post it up on my 'opinions please' thread. see what ya think.

I think first ill go with optics grill and Lamin x then in summer I'll get a remap. what other plans have u got for yours? what did you think of the tinted window and lights? lol

Get some pics up mate, wouldnt mind seeing 09 lights on a lava grey. And if you want I can photoshop the wheels ur after on ur car if you get me decent pics?

Vorsprung Durch Technik

Status
    im pretty good with photo shop to il take some pics on sat i think im getting the coding on sat hopefully so il throw daytime and night pics on then im gonna photoshop what im hopefully gona get my car looking like....
    nice one, looking forward too seeing it mate

SMc
    1st Gear

Status
    Thanks for the opinions guys......especially Lee who did the photoshop!

I have now ordered the wheels and should have them by the end of next week!