Do Wheel Spacers Sufficiently Affect a Car's Appearance?

K-Dash

Reaction score
With the recession being in full swing and the fact I'm umming and ahhing about whether s-line 18s' will make me an s-line wannabe....

I want to give my car a more sporty stance.

I know the spacers discussion has been covered more times than the bible but I just wanted opinions on whether they are a worthwhile investment or not considering I have the sport star 17s' with only a 30mm drop.

If its not, then I imagine I need to drop it a touch more.

thanks all.

DSCF9680.jpg

IMGP0254.jpg

yeah as Mitch says 10/15 is the kiddy for the 8P, just watch no rubbing on the fixing head in rear wheel arch, I personally wouldnt drop it anymore & 18's would make it look just right with the current drop, mines got 18's & eibach pro 30mm & its perfect even without spacers.

Mines a sport with 30mm (in theory 5 mm lower than an sline) eibachs currently on OEM sline wheels. Ive got a set of OEM A4 sline wheels in the shed which I bought to get powder coated anthracite. The reason for going for A4 rims is because the offset is 45 and the A3 is 56 so in theory like fitting 11mm spacers, so there is no need to buy spacers.
(think i got the offsets right, if not its only 1mm either way, someone correct me if im wrong)
Im currently looking at some different wheels so the OEM sline wheels may be up for sale

NHN's wheels are not oem and the offset is around 45 so he doesent need spacers.

Heres mine

CIMG1026.jpg

CIMG10161024x768.jpg

CIMG1060.jpg

CIMG1068.jpg

I've put 10mm front and 12mm rear on mine and can say they really do make a difference visually.