Hidden EQ Concert II?

p9mbp

Reaction score
Hi,
Anyone know whether there is, or you can adjust hidden EQ on Concert II CD with BOSE? Mine seems to have a large mid-range frequency gap in the front end! Also mid-base speaker in the front doors seem to rattle quite easily! Anyone ditched the BOSE and substituted with new AMP/Speakers? Recommendations please... (could keep sub if poss but happy to ditch centre channel)

Cheers,
P9MBP

I'm ditching mine - sounds awfull....

I bought the new stuff, just need the time and weather to put it in...

I've got an Alpine HU.

JGL GT04000 Amp to power the front components

DLS R6A Component Speakers in the front (awesome!)

Sony XS in the back (run off the HU - Good value for money).

I did have a 15" sub and other amp and stuff but sellign all that as i need my boot back! lol

There's a wire you can snip to retain better use of the EQ on the stereo. I cant remember 100% but I'll find out and let you know...

here you go mate as quoted by macsub off talkaudio forum

"Just snip the earth lead going to the Bose pin on the back of the HU if you want your bass & treble to function properly. Earthing the Bose pin on the stock Audi HU puts the HU into a flat EQ Bose mode, which sounds dreadful and dulls the bass & treble to that unique/awful woolly Bose sound. Snipping it will give you back a smiley face EQ which breathes new life into the stock Bose setup."

BTW, I've not tried this but was going to but changed my whole set up in the end so try at your own risk.

sorry to jump in...

I found out the other day that my 56 A3 sportback has a base speaker in the boot behind the passengers side pannel, can anyone tell me what size it is and will it stop working if i change the head unit?

Thanks for that mate! I want to retain head unit if I can as I like the functionality with the MF Wheel etc plus OEM look. I think with the right punchy little amp plus upgraded front component speakers and disconnected centre channel - could sound alright!
Good luck with yours though!
P9MBP

Thanks Again! Will mention this to my audio guy - www.accutek.co.uk - and give it a try - nothing to lose I guess!
Cheers,
P9MBP