Car tax

firebobby

Reaction score
Hi! This is my first post on the forum, I hope to get on here quite a bit. I am in the process of buying a 3.2 sport if all goes well. Could anyone tell me if the road tax wil be in the £400 bracket after April?
regards
dave

Pretty sure it is yeah, my brothers R32 is and it has the same engine.

Hence why diesel is the way forward!

Mike's 2.0TDI has a full turboback milltek and custom map, its pushing about 185bhp and 305ft-lb, its quicker than a MK5 GTI!

Yet the Tax is £120 for 12 months! Plus 470 miles out of a full tank.

Makes sense to me.

Yeah! I have an astra 1.9cdti at the moment with a DTUK box...190/300, made the 2001 s3 i tested the other day seem a bit lame to be honest!! Then again the astra does 30-50 in 3rd in 2.8 secs. Just need to get back to petrol for a couple of years tho!! Looking on parkers site it does seem that until April 2010, all cars over 225 co2 are in temp breacket K which is £235, that's not to bad I suppose. Something to mull over I guess
regards
dave

If it was registered before 23 march 2006 then it will be £215, if it was registered after it will allready be in the £400 bracket!

check out here for details

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/road-tax/

As for the petrol / diesel debate, each have their merits. The diesel is quick and economical but you don't get the grin factor of a well tuned petrol.:drool: