GSM Dash Board Holes....

Bugsy_27

Vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
Basicly Ive come across a good priced 06 reg a3 and in the spec it says it has GSM Bluetooth-would this be in the dash board or arm rest?

If it is in the dash board could it be removed? has anyone removed it? or have any pics of the size of the holes? and finally if it does leave holes/hole could you replace the panel easy?

Thanks guys

Suppose it could be either, mine was described as GSM prep/bluetooth and its in the armrest.

Having a bolt on unit to the dash seems a pretty crude measure these days.:(

Could be either. The holes in the dash of dash-mounted GSM kits put me off a couple of cars.

They can be repaired to a fairly good standard though, from what the salesman told me (my car had the armrest GSM so he had no reason to lie).

Get the Salesperson to fit an rSAP adaptor to the car. OEM products and enhances your phone prep. Whatever you do don't start getting the hole repaired as it will look jank.

I would post details but Stoke Audi will have a fit so PM me if neccesary.

and hope your phone works with the rSAP kit.

I've got a Samsung D900 at the mo and will hopefully be gettin an Iphone soon!?

Would I be a big job to replace the panel if it has left holes in the dash?

I just fitted a bury cc9060 bluetooth kit to my car. When I bought the car I had a non-bluetooth Nokia (3510i) and the car kit for that was mounted on the dash, next to the radio/aircon panel. They used three ****** screws to fix it to the dash! Although it looked fine, I knew I would never be able to take that kit out because it would leave the dash ruined. I postponed getting a new phone for years because of this but finally I bit the bullet a couple of weeks ago and bought a proper modern bluetooth phone (nokia E51... very very nice!). I spent more time choosing a bluetooth kit than choosing the phone. I wanted something that I could fit in the same place as the old phone holder. I don't have the MFSW anyway so I needed something with its own controls. Most Parrot stuff are a horizontal shape, apart from the 3200 which is square so they were no good since the phone holder is a vertical shape. Then, by accident I stumbled upon the Bury CC9060. It has a sort of PDA shape, only smaller, and is fully touchscreen. You can choose different color schemes and there is a red/white scheme that gives it the perfect OEM look. It looks the business!

Took me all afternoon yesterday to get it fitted. I had to clean out all the Nokia stuff, find a switched 12V and fit the new microphone. I had hoped to use the existing nokia mic, but that was far too unsensitive for the new kit. This all meant taking the dash apart, but I didn't know how to. Took me some time to figure it all out, but managed to get it all finished just as it started getting dark.

Very happy with the result, I'll put a picture up later today.