75.6mpg - is that right?

kaz219

Reaction score
I had a flat (5th one since I've had the A3 - tyres dont like me :S) so put the spare on and i went down the m62 from Liverpool to Manchester on my normal monthly uni run.

Stuck at 50mph all the way and i averaged 75.6 mpg -loook!

DSC00143_2.jpg

Sorry for the shyt pic

Is that right or has the ST3 fiddled with the DIS - also, i had it on the fast road map and the economy is meant to be more economical - hmmmm:uhm:

BTW - that was the mpg that is shown per trip...

Going a lot down the hill ?

Nope - its a flat strech of motorway...

About 30miles i did...

At 80 i usually averageabout 52.

At 70 its around 58 IIRC.

But this was before i put my ST3 on and its the first time i been on the motorway with the map...

is that on the average reading or actual at your said speed reading given it does both on number 1 & 2, how long after journey did it show this cause takes while to adapt, its unrealistic as they dont do that mpg, they really dont so must be adapting still or wrong reading

is that on the average reading or actual at your said speed reading given it does both on number 1 & 2, how long after journey did it show this cause takes while to adapt, its unrealistic as they dont do that mpg, they really dont so must be adapting still or wrong reading

It wasnt adapting as it were about after 20min of driving and stayed at that rating for the other 30mins of the trip...

It was on the reading that takes the average mpg per trip. It drops really low when you start out when the car cold and then gets higher....It were average reading and the actual was showing 76mpg ish..

Whats the green light on your rev meter? The one on the right is cruise but never seen the one on the left.

kaz,

ive been recently running my eco map using the st3 too, im not sure how accurate the dis is now so i just judge it on how much juice i have left in my tank after a journey

but ive had weird constant readings for several miles between 60-80 mpg when in traffic doin around 50-60mph

but ive also had wierd readings as low as 15ish with the race map on (when im driving a little adventurously) and not just a second blip of 15mpg or like when you begin to coast and get 200mpg

I find the DIS is very optimistic in it's readings - mine tends to over read by about 7-8mpg - so when it says I'm doing 60mpg, it's really 53...

I find the DIS is very optimistic in it's readings - mine tends to over read by about 7-8mpg - so when it says I'm doing 60mpg, it's really 53...

Hopefully my S3 is not doing the same....or my current 22mpg is more like 15mpg:motz:

then again there has been some near 'illegal use of the whip' on most journeys

Hmm... i dont know - i think the St3 has soemthing to do with it..

i was in a hurry today and was driving rather quick on the motorway and still got 58 :S

I've got a trip planned to Cornwall so going to fill up and see how many miles i actually do before the range gets to 5miles or something....

But there defo is an increase. before i would get 500 from a tank driving normally and i just got 230 from half a tank and I've been "testing" my remap a fair bit too. lol

Thanks for the help on this guys - i knew it was too good to be true :(

SunnyDLite - I've not put mine into Race yet :D I'll try it next weekend. And not tried the eco either - its been in fast road since i got the st3!

leighharris - I think mines out by about that. probs more 10mpg or thereabouts. So with the remap in fast road, i think I've gained around 6-7mpg more! :D

Back to the "lights on" indicator - which models is this on? Is it just those without auto lights as all A3s I've driven have had auto lights with no warning light in the rev counter.

My 53 plate 3 door had this indicator on the rev counter for the lights.
I now have an 05 plate sportback and it doesnt show this. Neither models have auto lights. Must be something they changed as time went on...

Back to the "lights on" indicator - which models is this on? Is it just those without auto lights as all A3s I've driven have had auto lights with no warning light in the rev counter.

Mines a 2004/54 A3 S-Line DSG ?

Mine does not have autolights...

Well thing is as it beeps at you when lights left on & the headlight switch lights up aswell seems stupid to have all 3 things telling you me lights are on huh, lol, I mean really are there that thick people out there to not realise? Ok silly question really