20" offset 35 - will they fit?

kaz219

Reaction score
Hi guys,

found a set of 20" wheels at a good price (really good actually).

They're 5x112 et35.

can i make them fit my a3?

And waht woudl i have to do (skim wheels to lower offset/arches etc.)

They're 9.5in wide.

cheers

Anything will fit with a bit of effort but the offset sounds too low too me, they will poke out to far!

Anything will fit with a bit of effort but the offset sounds too low too me, they will poke out to far!

shall i get them - i heard mikey saying you can skim them to lower the offset but wont they hit the arch as they're 9.5inch wide ?

20's on these roads, good luck cause I had 19's on my S3 & S4 & one set buckled from pothole & others were fairly hard **** ride, decent quality aswell, think you're cutting it fine on the width tbh, but to get away with suspension would have to be hard as nails so no movement up/down so no rubbing, also hope when skimming its on a lathe of some type not a grinder, lol

20's on these roads, good luck cause I had 19's on my S3 & S4 & one set buckled from pothole & others were fairly hard **** ride, decent quality aswell, think you're cutting it fine on the width tbh, but to get away with suspension would have to be hard as nails so no movement up/down so no rubbing, also hope when skimming its on a lathe of some type not a grinder, lol

Hmmm.... I had 19" on my golf and did want 19s on this but these are dirt cheapp....

skimming will professional done if it need to..

I dont know now :S

Anyone running on 20s ?

And isnt Kev running on offset 25 on his 19s ? They do stick out but not that much IIRc

I would say your pocket will take a massive hit on repairs or wheels fecked with 20's seriously, they're to big for an A3 road car, if was show then ye you would get away with, but not on our lovely flat roads, lol

19's you could do & just be careful of potholes, few people have them on here & seem to be happy & looking at Mikey's bentleys with the width, they are itching to be kerbed I tell yer, hope his parking skills are spot on cause kerbing them is a very expensive lesson

I would say your pocket will take a massive hit on repairs or wheels fecked with 20's seriously, they're to big for an A3 road car, if was show then ye you would get away with, but not on our lovely flat roads, lol

19's you could do & just be careful of potholes, few people have them on here & seem to be happy & looking at Mikey's bentleys with the width, they are itching to be kerbed I tell yer, hope his parking skills are spot on cause kerbing them is a very expensive lesson

They would only be on over the summer holidays (july til sept) and shows so they wouldnt be for everyday.

And also, they could kind of be like an investment - how much are 20" bbs ck be worth? and also, im sure i could get them onto my next car (scirocco hopefully :p)

As long as i can make them fit - i think i might grab them.

9.5" wide wheels will not fit in a million years. im running 9x19 ET41 and they poke like mad, so i hate to imagine what a 9.5 et35 would be like!!!! It's impossible to get a 9.5" wide on fronts of a A3. not only do my wheels poke but the wheel itself is VERY VERY close to rubbing on the suspension struts. you havent got a hope in hell mate.

In my opinion 20'' wheels look riduclus on the A3 and you are just asking for trouble. The size of the wheel is ALL out of proportion with the car. 19''s MAX.

9.5" wide wheels will not fit in a million years. im running 9x19 ET41 and they poke like mad, so i hate to imagine what a 9.5 et35 would be like!!!! It's impossible to get a 9.5" wide on fronts of a A3. not only do my wheels poke but the wheel itself is VERY VERY close to rubbing on the suspension struts. you havent got a hope in hell mate.

Cheers fella - thats all i needed to know...

They were cheap so just thought id ask!

They were for £361 for some 20" BBS Ck in graphite but think I'll take them and sell them on :D Or buy a scirocco which I'm not looking to do just yet as my insurance is still sky high and getting higher with the mods...

Yup - how the fudge did you know :p

a guy on 1 of the mk5 gti sites was looking at them on ebay, thought it was to much of a coincidence that there was amother set of wheels same size, offset etc so took a guess:salute: