Interesting, all the same...

Twizzler

Reaction score
Nothing to do with Audi, but...

In a newspaper this morning is a letter from the mother of a 'good samaritan' who saw a car in front of them roll over a few times and stopped to assist, as you would. He helped the guy out of the wrecked car and into his own whilst he phoned the emergency services for help. It was a wet night and the sensible thing was to protect the guy until the emergency services turned up. When they did the paramedics instructed the fire brigade to cut the roof off the guy's car to ensure a safe extraction of the patient, (in case there are spinal injuries). He'd already walked to the car without problem and was released from hospital that evening. The guy with no roof was left at the side of the road with no help. It was a wet night and no one was prepared to help him. He finished up £500 out of pocket.
And they wonder why people nowadays prefer to walk on by.............

Thats a bit off, surely he has a claim against the authorities? I take it the £500 is an excess?

I don't know. The newspaper report states no-one is prepared to reimburse him.

Why the hell did the guy allow them to take the roof off his own car?

Serves him right in one respect. Doesn't half make a good story though!

He had no option but to let them take the roof off. Once the emergency services arrive the medics are in charge of the removal of the injured. Your views don't come into it....

I have heard this tale a few years ago.....

Cheap Cab conversion.

Wonder if the emegency services `free issued` hair straighteners and curling tongs after the conversion?:think: