Monster MotorsportSky Insurance
    Reverse Gear

Status

Cost to have coil packs replaced?

Hello
    I have the 2.0fsi engine in my a3 and sometimes on cold mornings the car will judder, have done some research into this and it seems its directly related to faulty/worn out coil packs, it actually seems quite common in all the vag cars with the 2.0 fsi engine. Has anyone had this problem or knows hows much its going to cost me getting these replaced? The car is out of warrenty,(04 plate, 59k) so don't know wether to take it to a local garage because they can possibly do it cheaper. i will be very greatful for any replies!

Lee

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    They are between 20 and 30 quid each. I'd always get genuine ones and fit them yourself, they are dead easy!

Your car sounds like only one might be failing, you need it hooking up to vag com to see which one but if they are on the way out its probably best to replace all 4.
    B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status
    when i got my s line from audi 2 days later it was jerkin like hell the engineer siad he gets this alot due to over spraying the engine clean but theres four of them coils and he only needed to replace one the computer told him which one after that it was fine ... not sure of the cost though i shouldnt imagin them to be to expensive though.. just phone up audi lancaster in manchester and get put through to parts they should tell you

Quote Originally Posted by L3e123 View Post
    Hello
    I have the 2.0fsi engine in my a3 and sometimes on cold mornings the car will judder, have done some research into this and it seems its directly related to faulty/worn out coil packs, it actually seems quite common in all the vag cars with the 2.0 fsi engine. Has anyone had this problem or knows hows much its going to cost me getting these replaced? The car is out of warrenty,(04 plate, 59k) so don't know wether to take it to a local garage because they can possibly do it cheaper. i will be very greatful for any replies!

Lee

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks for the quick reply guys, but is there a D.I.Y guide to show you how you change them? not really that competant to try it unless i've seen how its done!

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    If you do a search on here, there is a guide, it might be for the S3, but i think its the same.....

Only about 30 each, and make sure you get the genuine ones from Audi, cant go wrong with them, bit more than copies, but worth it.