Enabling beep via vag.

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
anyone know how can add a 'beep' to my locks via vag-com?
CAR is a3 2005 8p

Yep. Open 46 (comfort module) and look at the long coding in the long coding helper. You'll see options for

Select 46 (Comfort System)
Long Coding -> Function 07

Byte 06 Bit 0 Unlocking Confirmation (Blink) via Door Locks
Byte 06 Bit 1 Unlocking Confirmation (Horn) via Door Locks
Byte 06 Bit 2 Unlocking Confirmation (Blink) via Remote Control
Byte 06 Bit 3 Unlocking Confirmation (Horn) via Remote Control

Byte 07 Bit 0 Locking Confirmation (Blink) via Door Locks
Byte 07 Bit 1 Locking Confirmation (Horn) via Door Locks
Byte 07 Bit 2 Locking Confirmation (Blink) via Remote Control
Byte 07 Bit 3 Locking Confirmation (Horn) via Remote Control

Before you change anything write down your original code, just in case!

Do you really want it? I think its well annoying and loud! If it was an electronic beep then yeah but its a blow on the horn, wakes the neighbours up in the morning! :)

.....that is of course if it works the same as when i enable it on my Beetle. It got turned off straight away!

****** annoying beep though especially at night, then again I'm nocturnal anyway so regularly go out at stupid times of morning to check something on car or grab some tools, lol, but for sure you hear that beep on an audi & you think uhhhhh noooooooo

It wasn't a blow of the horn on my 2005 A3 sportback.
It was a high-pitched beep.
Not particularly loud and only for a fraction of second.

Anyone that finds it annoying must need psychological help, as they're evidently in a very fragile state of mental health.:scared2:

I loved the beep, I'm looking to have the same thing enabled on my D3.

Its not a horn blow - its an unobtrusive electronic beep. I find it really useful personally and am regularly grateful for it. I once had a "senior moment" in the Trafford Centre car park (about 8,000 cars) and could not remember where the hell I'd parked. I was very grateful for the beep that day as the indicator flash would have been invisible.

It wasn't a blow of the horn on my 2005 A3 sportback.
It was a high-pitched beep.
Not particularly loud and only for a fraction of second.

Anyone that finds it annoying must need psychological help, as they're evidently in a very fragile state of mental health.:scared2:

I loved the beep, I'm looking to have the same thing enabled on my D3.

I could make one for you if you want to carry round your neck for parties & events, lol

Handheld beeper for your love of beeps

The beep is a little loud for my liking. I park in an underground car park, and the echo/reverberation is a little annoying after a while. Must be the roof or something.

So thats 2 of us to the psych ward now then Boggy

To me it sounds rather **** tbh, you expect it from a halfords after market alarm system but not an audi, not being stuck up or anything but its well built good car so I expect the alarm to be on the same level if you get me, I mean also the siren is pathetic isnt it, lol, ok cant be to loud because of the law or something & must go of after a period of time but really its crap sound level & sounds like the ****** birds sitting on the damn trees, lol

the old A3 beeped the horn which sounded naff. I prefer no noise either but then again I already reside in the nut house.

On a 2005 it's not the same beep as on a newer A3. I dunno when it was changed but the old way is very quiet.

I find the volume on mine very useful for when I'm in a carpark and can't remember if I locked the car! I got into a habit after Afghan of not locking my car.

Funny cause after living in cape town for a year I got into habit of locking at all times even when driving, lol

You'd have to be locking/unlocking the car a helluva lot for it to be remotely (sic) annoying.
Any neighbour of mine complaining about a once-a-day, split-second 'beep' would get a look I normally reserve for women passing comments on a football match.:tocktock:

Cool, so bowfer when you free to come talk to my old ******* neighbour for me regardless of the beep, lol, that'll be a fun day

Funny cause after living in cape town for a year I got into habit of locking at all times even when driving, lol

Lol yeah I didn't have the luxury of doors on the vehicle I drove. Or a roof for that matter!

That would be reason you got into habit of not locking doors then, didnt have any, lol

That would be reason you got into habit of not locking doors then, didnt have any, lol

Exactly mate! a few months of no doors and then picked up a brand new S3 and probably a third of the time in the first month I found I hadn't locked the doors overnight.

lol whoops & where do you live again, didnt you say shetland isles or somewhere? lol

Just noticed you two have changed locations to avoid the thieving scum. "In a house" - love that Nigel. I've changed mine too but its not as funny.