AH FabricationsBadger5
    Reverse Gear

Status

S-line vs Magnetic Ride

Hello everybody

I am considering the purchase of an A3 Sportback Sport 1.8TFSI Stronic. When I test drove the car I felt that the car could benefit from a harder suspension. To get that I should either go for the S-line version which in addition lowers the car by 1cm or order the Magnetic Ride option which supposedly offers the versatility of changing the setting from softer (comfort) to harder (sport).

How do the two options compare? Is the magnetic ride worth the money? Is the S-line suspension too hard for long distance trips?

Thank you in advance

Dimitris

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    I would go for the S-line, its a stiff ride but I am used to much worse!

Plus with the different bodystyling and wheels you get on the S-line it looks a million times better than the Sport.
    Sold: A3 2.0 TDI 170 S-line | Full leather | BOSE | Phantom Black | Bluefin
    Now: Mini John Cooper Works

1st Gear

Status
    I had a 2007 2.0 quattro Sline for a year and found the ride OK for 'performance' driving, i.e. excellent road holding and steering, but rather too hard for passenger comfort.

Now have S3 with mag ride and am very pleased - it is not just that you can choose between the 2 'comfort' levels, but also the active element of the system that is altering each shock absorber independently to keep the car stable is a better way of doing things than a standard 'passive' set up.
    S3 Sportback DSG in Sprint Blue with mag ride, interior lights, Bose, parking sensors.

and...

99 TT Roadster