Monster MotorsportChris Nott
    6th Gear

Status

OEM parking sensors DIS features

NHN recently asked about DIS integration of the OEM parking sensors. Here's some pics to show what you can do...

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    How old is the car mate, mines a March 07 and I only have 5 volume and 5 frequency settings
    Gone - A3 2.0 TDI (140) Sportback Sport

Now - BMW f10 520d

6th Gear

Status
    It was an 08 plate pre-facelift loaner I had recently.

6th Gear

Status
    Sorry Nige, more wires to run this weekend.....

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Now thats intriguing me, do you think I'll get all this with the K module John, this is very interesting tbh as shows us where DIS options lie mostly if mine shows after new board

Ah you know what since I actually got the PDC running I havnt even looked in the DIS options to see if I have that added now coded & all working...........Nope not in there so guess its turned on by maybe board update, but whats your PDC module version fella as I know they changed the sensor part no & they're not superseded from mine so I can just install into mine so must be different pdc module overall aswell, I know they added fronts aswell

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Oh **** just as I replied you stick this on there, lol, this must be what I was talking about the different pdc module & sensors then maybe adds more functionality as in volume/frequency settings, but still like to know how thats added in the DIS anyway & also which year does this get added from so can compare the versions of modules which would help determine whats changed at same time

You saying yours has some of the DIS pdc options John or nothing at all fella?

Just Looking

Status
    Got that on mine but not sure on the number of options.
    Stu.

A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, Quartz Grey, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara with Silver Stitching & Heating, Nav High, B & O, AMI, DAB, Parking Advanced & Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated Electric Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

Previous MY11 S3 Sportback Black Edition, S-Tronic, Ibis White.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Then go & check lol

(polite request not order)

6th Gear

Status
    The shots were taken from an 08 plate A3. I didn't spec PDC, wish I did though. The OEM PDC module is connected to the CAN bus so it can talk to other items in the car (and vcds can talk to them) I dont recall seeing an option on the central electronics module to enable PDC, so I would asume the PDC unit is responsible for the DIS options.
    I guess there's a newer pdc module as cjp2k only has 5 not 9 settings on his 07 plate car.
    Last edited by JohnS3; 15th January 2009 at 22:41.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Yeah but I've got oem PDC aswell & I dont have those options John, might be doing some more vagging this weekend then as new module saturday, but was it you that said you had coming home & more DIS settings & I suspect the 08 has the K module aswell, did it have xenons, I'm tempted to drive down tomorrow but kinda pointless as 2 trips when there saturday for a key coding aswell as other stuff, but get to play with facelift car for loan for few hours

Just Looking

Status
    Brrrr - Too cold out there now!!

I can tell you I have this part though Nigel -

Address 76: Park Assist Labels: 8P0-919-283.lbl
    Part No SW: 8P0 919 283 D HW: 8P0 919 283 D
    Component: Parkhilfe 4-Kan H09 0070
    Revision: 00H09000 Serial number: 00067824820721
    Coding: 0000113
    Shop #: WSC 131071 1023 2097151
    I know that Skoda were making improvements to PDC controllers to bring in front sensors and park assist.
    Stu.

A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, Quartz Grey, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara with Silver Stitching & Heating, Nav High, B & O, AMI, DAB, Parking Advanced & Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated Electric Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

6th Gear

Status
    The extra comfort settings aren't available on my 23 bit F central electronics module, they are available on the 30 bit K module though.

Is your PDC module connected to the CAN bus?

Just Looking

Status
    PDC does use CAN John. Quite a simple retro if you fancy it.

Fit the sensors and the controller, you can normally pick up CAN from the rear doors.
    Stu.

6th Gear

Status
    Thanks, and if you don't have rear doors?

Just Looking

Status
    Anywhere you can find it really John, it's Multiplexed so you just need to tap into it I think.
    Stu.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Yeah fella, all can connected, had fun doing in beginning cause Ku-****ing-atec wired the loom wrong & I didnt have elsa running then(actually i did but stupid me didnt scroll down to OK so could see things properly, just closed the small window after login, whoops), yeah can login to PDC & all works fine, but no DIS settings

Ok cool we'll know saturday

Cheers stu for part no. I know when I was checking parts for the oem pdc mod I noticed multiple sensors part no's & modules had all changed for newer cars, we'll see, its like xmas for me tbh lol as I completely missed mine, maybe I should cook the xmas dinner this weekend

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    John remember I said few days back, just pickup of the convenience module which is right next to it on the same bracket in the rear drivers quarter panel, just pull the cover/trim of & bottom corner you'll see the bracket & the convenience module fitted in there & the pdc also fits onto that bracket oem, I couldnt understand why kufatec said shove it through to the front tbh, I also used the convenience module for the towbar module, works a treat

2nd Gear

Status
    Mine's the same as the pics above. It's a 57 Dec '07 car FWIW.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    any idea which version of onboard module you got, go into 09 in vag & part number at top.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    did it have xenons?
    Nope, no xenons

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Morning John, interesting cause xenon cars have different onboard module to non, but then again its still newer car anyway so not beyond possibility even non xenon boards have this feature

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    any idea which version of onboard module you got, go into 09 in vag & part number at top.
    Sadly, no (haven't got vagcom). If you're anywhere near Shropshire, you're welcome to check yourself.

Dave.

6th Gear

Status
    Thnks for the info guys. I need to get my parts program working properly now! Oh and save up for some bits.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    PM your hotmail John & can maybe help with parts prog