• Black

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Lava Grey

Votes: 16 50.0%

• Total voters

Bugsy_27

Vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
As most some of you might know I'm after a 170 s line and have almost had one but due to the crazy finance I pulled out. Anyway after reading a few threads on here tonight it got me thinking about what colour i want, its between Black and Lava Grey, I originaly wanted lava grey but thinking about mods I'd want the Optics grill, Lamin-x headlight & fog tints and possibly the seat Cupra R front splitter.

Has anyone got a pic of a lava grey s line with the black grill? Thanks

HighResImage.jpg

HighResImage-1.jpg

I originally wanted black but ended up with lava grey and love it!

When getting my car I originally ordered Lava Grey, but then bottled it and went for black :crying:.

Black is a pain in the **** to keep clean, especially in this weather, so if you don't mind cleaning the car regularly, then go for black as when it's clean it does look fantastic.

I would have to say lava grey but i'm not so sure it will look good with the optics grill.
Heres my old one. It has a lovely shine if you use a good wax on it.
Front1.jpg

Front2.jpg

Lee i'm putting a black grill on my car next week. So when its on i will load some photos.
But here some lava grey a3 with teh black grill (which i think looks nice) but not the best photos. Couldnt really find any s-line but did find a SE with a black grill. And then two photos of s-line models.

side_dirty.jpg

ry3D320.jpg

IMG_1200.jpg

Thanks ben, cant wait to see the pics once you've got urs on so I can see what it looks like with the english reg. But I love that middle pic, I think its tempting me to go with the Lava. where did u find the pics from mate? they look in america? I was tryna find pics like that for the last few days before I posted this.

Black will look better with the Optics grille. Where are you getting the grille from? I keep thinking about it but not sure how its going to cost me or where to get it.

I'd buy Avus Silver or Misano Red if I was choosing again.

Lee found them on google just type in lava grey audi a3 and it bought those up.
Matt i bought a s3 black grill for £120 off ebay (brand new). Last week they did have a black s-line grill on there. I wasn't sure about the optic grill on lava grey myself. But not far from my work saw a 08 lava grey s3 with the optic grill. And it looked really nice :)
Im looking for a car at the moment just not sure on colour myself :keule:

On that link below there a lava grey a3 with black grill:

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?i...rey+audi+a3&start=18&gbv=2&ndsp=18&hl=en&sa=N

More here:

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?i...rey+audi+a3&start=36&gbv=2&ndsp=18&hl=en&sa=N

I had a look on ebay at the weekend and couldn't see anything. Tried the german ebay too and I couldnt find anything on there but I'm not fluent in german so probably did something wrong!

i dont fink id own another black car, looks ace 1 day a week, rest if the time it needs a wash, black is also very common, im going grey next car change

Thats really nice Michael, I've been looking everyday now for the last week for my new car and just cant find one! I've given up on black now so its between white or lava grey-which ever one I find first lol but all the white s lines seem to be 5 door and its driving me mad!?

Thats really nice Michael, I've been looking everyday now for the last week for my new car and just cant find one! I've given up on black now so its between white or lava grey-which ever one I find first lol but all the white s lines seem to be 5 door and its driving me mad!?
Cheers mate,Good luck in finding a car.....