Best type of gap insurance

grumpytraveller

Reaction score
I see gap4 has 3 different types of cover, return to value, return to invoice and new for old, what is the best option here to take. I will be picking up my a3 in the next 2/3 weeks, so not sure what option to take.
Thanks in advance

Well when I done mine I was advised not to do back to Invoice as this would not include any price increase in maybe 12 months time. Where as new for old would.

Well when I done mine I was advised not to do back to Invoice as this would not include any price increase in maybe 12 months time. Where as new for old would.

Thanks for that. I was sort of thinking that way

Return to value is mainly aimed at those who have purchased vehicle in the past and are now looking to protect its value from now (useful especially with the depreciation rates increasing.)

New for old is pays up for replacement but is more expensive than Return to Invoice plus the chances of car prices increasing in the next year or two are pretty low.

So I would say Return to Invoice is best bet.

I got return to invoice from my car that added on when I bought it. I'm still don't fully understand how GAP insurance works but I presume return to invoice would be the best option. As already mentioned, the chance of car price increases are pretty low.

RTI in my opinion. If you claim in 2.5yrs time you might not want the same car back so the full amount you paid can be used for whatever else you want to buy.