Can you fit the new audi a3 wing mirror with indicators onto a 53 plate?

J.R.

"Started From The Bottom"
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I want the new folding indicator Mirrors from a 08 plate Audi a3 to put onto my 53 plate A3 is this possible ? if so is there any threads or tutorials?

Are you sure? Have you seen the size of them? They're about the right proportions for a Q7.

Yeh I know but I want my A3 to have indicating Mirrors.....

Well its not that easy, door modules have to be replaced, the door looms are wired different, so unless you're a wiring person forget it, you could if you have experience of wiring use the side indicator wiring to power the led's in the door mirrors but this also has some questions over bulb warnings as going from bulbs to led's, so maybe needs resistors aswell, but finding the folding mirrors alone is almost impossible as they dont come up on the bay often, I have the new covers but not got motors yet

I've stuck the new J door module on & being wiring guy it was fun for even me, not impossible but you really need some know how for this mod, most pins have to be moved locations & I got number of errors, so swapping modules soon to see if its module faulty or compatibility issue with car modules given newer version of door module & older onboard modules

I'd wait until I've checked this if I was you fella

Would MK5 Golf mirrors be any easyer to fit ?

Uh no, cause still using same theoretical mirror design, same issues then still need door modules that run the indicator parts fella, if you did the mirrors totally oem way then there is coding in the newer modules to turn on the indicators on the doors anyway, if you go down oem route then kiss 1k goodbye straight away & I know the pricing

I like the new scirocco ones personally aswell & the new dumbo 8P ones have definitely grown on me, they're not as bad as people would say when in front of them I can say