Checking of the left rear brake pipe on new A3's

StephaneS

Reaction score
Received a letter from Audi asking to take the car to the local stealer to check the left rear brake pipe as "in rare cases there is a possibility that it may become damaged. In extreme cases this could result in failure of one brake circuit." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
As they mention that it is the case for new A3 quattro, I was wondering if anyone of you guys got the same letter?
Incidentally, is the left rear brake pipe the pipe that direct the fluid to compress the pads?
Should I mention the letter came in beginning of April and the appointment has been set for beginning of July as they could not do earlier?

Usual proceedure for new cars.......bound to be some more recalls.

There is a website somewhere that tells you all the recalls on VW and Audis.........can't remember the link at the mo.

The rear bake pipe will indeed be carrying fluid for the caliper.

It doesn't matter how long you've had the letter. They will check or fix it free of charge. But yes, mention the letter when you go in.

thanks
I'll be interested in the link if you can remember

none of them mention anything after 2001? weird really
The reason I was asking if anyone got the same letter is that I find that 3 whole months to check something as important as breaks does not seem appropriate. Very few things are as important (safety wise obviously) as breaks so why wait so long if there really were a prob?

Its usually something that is very unlikely to happen, but if there is a possibility, then it gets a recall.

Took Audi 5 years to tells me about the servo pipe on my car!

[ QUOTE ]
StephV6 said:
5 years and they called it back? That is good service I think

[/ QUOTE ]

Not good service...just fear of the liability!! My company through our many industries has seen the full brunt of not taking sufficient action with a recall for a product.

yeah it could be for the wrong reason but the customer still gets the service and that is what counts at the end of the day eventhough I would call 3 months for a recall a good service