A3 2.0 FSI Clutch pedal sticky problem - Please HELP!

Pom

Reaction score
I've been searching around but couldn't find anyone has the exact same problem as I have!

My A3 2.0 FSI clutch pedal has intermittently started to stuck on the last few centimetres before it fully come up. The engine and driving is fine. I don't think it is anything to do with the actual clutch system itself but I think it is something to do with the spring and the actual pedal mechanism. It seems to happen every now and then especially after a long drive. When it get stuck if I tap it slightly on the side or from underneath the pedal then it pings itself back up.

I tried spraying WD40 around the spring and between the join of the stick that move in and out that goes through to the engine that is behind the pedal (hope you know what I mean) That seems to work for a little while but after a long journey the problem starts coming back again.

What is the solution? should I spray some more? or use different lubricant? or do I need to adjust anything else?? The car is out of warrantee.

Please help. Thanks.
Pom

if the clutch cable has frayed somehow this would cause is to stick you might just need to change the cable should be a cheap job in the garage

there isnt a cable, all the Audi gearboxes have hydraulic clutches. I can only guess the master cylinder plunger at the pedal is sticking and possibly on its way out.