Monster MotorsportVolks Autos
    Pom
    Reverse Gear

Status

A3 Clutch pedal sticky problem - Please HELP!

I've been searching around but couldn't find anyone has the exact same problem as I have!

My A3 2.0 FSI clutch pedal has intermittently started to stuck on the last few centimetres before it fully come up. The engine and driving is fine. I don't think it is anything to do with the actual clutch system itself but I think it is something to do with the spring and the actual pedal mechanism. It seems to happen every now and then especially after a long drive. When it get stuck if I tap it slightly on the side or from underneath the pedal then it pings itself back up.

I tried spraying WD40 around the spring and between the join of the stick that move in and out that goes through to the engine that is behind the pedal (hope you know what I mean) That seems to work for a little while but after a long journey the problem starts coming back again.

What is the solution? should I spray some more? or use different lubricant? or do I need to adjust anything else?? The car is out of warrantee.

Please help. Thanks.
    Pom
    Last edited by Pom; 7th January 2009 at 23:54.

2. # ADS
    ADS

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status
    if the clutch cable has frayed somehow this would cause is to stick you might just need to change the cable should be a cheap job in the garage

6th Gear

Status
    there isnt a cable, all the Audi gearboxes have hydraulic clutches. I can only guess the master cylinder plunger at the pedal is sticking and possibly on its way out.
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport