A3 qauttro sline ? puzzled

10blazin

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED
Reaction score
hi everyone I'm new to this sight and new to Audi i just bought a new s line a3 quattro 2.0t after getting my last one stolen i want to lower the car its already got s line suspension but I'm getting 19 inch alloys soon and want to lower the car to like 10 mm space from tire to body or even lower like under the arches do i need to take the plastic liner out of the arches whats the cheapest and best way of doing this coil-overs or springs id prefer adjustable coil-overs to be honest... i want to spend about 300 to 400 max I'm hopeless with cars so I'm going to purchase them and hopefully get a garage to fit em ....id be grateful for the advise thanks

If £300 to £400 is jsut for parts, you can get cheap coilovers for that much. But since you have a quick version, i suggest getting some good coilovers.

That way you can adjust to a certain ride height. The weitec ones are £550ish: http://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/wei...5.html?zenid=7921e47192b394244c047b036b638a5a

If they're too expensive, you can lower with springs. Around a 50mm drop should do tbh but i would strongly advise coilie as then you can adjust. I like my cars low but this may be too low for you as everyone has diff tastes...

I belive Mikey (a member on here) has a set of those coilies so you can ask him for an opnion on these or for lowering, Eibach are pretty good..

Boydie has 19s and a 45mm drop (IIRC) so you search him and see what his looks like....

Remember, you have the s line and they are lowered already so if a spring set says a drop of 50mm, then thats from the standard height. i cant remember how much lower the s line is than a standard....

HTH

thanks for the reply i think sline are 40mm drop i want lower though cos 19s car has to be low to look good

yup - go coilies - ask mikey for an opnion on the weitecs :D

KW are probs the best but they're just under 1k fitted or there abouts

AP coilovers from AwesomeGTI are ment to be very good for the money, they are made by KW and only about £300ish.

I have bought a set myself but have not got them fitted yet so cannot comment on ride height/ comfort compared to S-Line suspension like we have.

I have bought a set myself but have not got them fitted yet so cannot comment on ride height/ comfort compared to S-Line suspension like we have.

Can you let me know how you get on matey :D

I live down the road from awesome so can pick up a set anytime but i need to get mine slammed :p

Cheers