Audi S1 will anyone consider this instead of a S3

25K !!!!!!!!!!!!!I'm sure it will be great.

I think it will be like a Lupo GTi for the loaded and probably sell quite slowly but have a cult following just as the loop does.

I like the aggressive look on cars but that just looks furious! Too much =/

Would like to see it in the flesh - before deciding !

Richard

Its quite an angry looking car lol. As above, i think it will look a lot more different in the flesh. I wonder what the mobile phone technology will be. I'd like my car to start by me docking the phone in a socket & pressing a start button!

Why not if the damn government bring in the higher taxes then it would be sensible for a really good performance wagon for a 1.4.

I like the looks, the rear drive bias and the flared arches. But it might be a choppy ride on 19s.

It' not that bad, although I would stick to the S3 based on the pictures. Maybe a different story when the real thing comes out and depending on how well they put everything together I can see a lot of people going for it. Am not sure if it will appeal to many Audi owners, but I think there will be a lot of people drawn to the small engine, looks and BHP.

This will be the sign of things to come smaller engines cheap to run but with performance to match

nice car id rather have an s3 though but most of all id rather a sport back s3

aha, its the new fiat 500 thats been sat on by a big fat italian grandmother, lol, what are audi thinking for gods sake

I can't see *me* driving it, but someone that wants a higher class Lupo GTi would maybe want one. Will this be an indication of what the all new S3 will look like?

Like it a lot. Might be my bird's next car that.

why not a 2.0 Turbo ? would be like a mini cooper with 300 bhp :p

A definite Mini Beater! One for Audi! I have to agree that 19inches on such a small car will be super choppy. This would be a MALE version of the mini!! LOL

(I can hear male Mini owners yelling already...)

£25k = Joke
200bhp and will do 155mph limited top speed = Yeah right!

Taken with a pinch of salt. Looks and sounds very concept.

Doubt 200bhp will see it to 155 and 6 seconds to 60. Doubting the 19's and flared arches too.

Surely asking if you'd buy one of these instead of an S3 is the same as buying a VW Lupo GTI instead of a Golf GTI.... Different class of car surely.

i quite like it tbh, 200bhp, not bad from a 1.4 at all lol

Actually, sorry if this offends anyone but i dont know who this car is aimed at?? It's an Audi 'S' car so it'll be ridiculously overpriced compared to competitors (therefore young people can't afford it) and yet it's a tiny little sporty car with plenty of bling all over it.... So any grown man above 30 will look ever so slightly idiotic driving it.
I can only assume it's aimed at gay men who like fast cars, rich kids or professional women.

Audi are greedy so they're obviously going for a piece of the mini cooper cake but i don't think cars like this will do the Audi image any good whatsoever.

Only my controvercial 10 cents!!

he does sound like a professional woman doesnt he:)

I think it looks alright when compared to the cooper S etc, tad too expensive though

Alright yes fair enough i answered my own question! I just very much fear for the Audi marque as of late.... Tiny, flashy hot hatches, horrible urban 4x4's, big cabriolets (A5) and the forthcoming R4 Boxster rival thingy.... Bet the population of Essex are dribbling in anticipation.

Dont worry dood, theres heaps of gays, rich kids, and professional women in the world.

Audi will be stronger for it :)

Alright yes fair enough i answered my own question! I just very much fear for the Audi marque as of late.... Tiny, flashy hot hatches, horrible urban 4x4's, big cabriolets (A5) and the forthcoming R4 Boxster rival thingy.... Bet the population of Essex are dribbling in anticipation.

With the exception of this odd `S1` concept, its nothing that BMW havnt been doing for years:

"horrible 4x4"
AUDI Q7 = BMW X5

"big cabrios"
AUDI A5 = BMW 6series

"Boxter rival"
AUDI R4 = BMW Z4

IMO AUDI are just following the herd as opposed to losing their way.

There are far more wacky offerings out they at the minute.

PORSCHE Panamera....
BMW X6:wtf:

Not passing judgement on whether any of these are good or bad cars, I just dont see that AUDI are doing anything radical.

Cheers

Paul

i dont think Audi's are chav brand.... nowhere near!! although i am of the opinion lately that once certain cars become more affordable the style inept amongst us seem to appear a ruin a perfectly good car..... Jan 07 the 8L S3 was still a subtle hotty, its changing!!! grrrr

Not passing judgement on whether any of these are good or bad cars, I just dont see that AUDI are doing anything radical.

Cheers

Paul

I agree, merely getting a few gays, rich kids and professional women on board thats all.

Ok , ill stop it now. :tapedshut:

But the A5 is smaller than the A4, so it isn't really that big anyway is it?

Its the biggest in the line up though, as is the 6series. They are `big` compared to the A3 Cab and 1 Series Cab.

But not `Big` as in a 16th century castle, or a aircraft carrier etc.

Cheers
Paul

I agree, merely getting a few gays, rich kids and professional women on board thats all.

Ok , ill stop it now. :tapedshut:

And why ****** not!

BMW have had them all to themselves for too long if you ask me.;)