RNS-E Re-Code

edition

Reaction score
Hi,

Am thinking of buying a sat. nav. unit without a code. Is it possible to re-code one if so how is it done?

I'm sure its not stolen as its from a big breakers....

Cheers,

:)

From what I have read in the past, the answer is 99% no. The dealer wont be interested saying its not possible too.

With the RNS-E fitted into a car an Audi dealer can retrieve the code direct from Germany, of course if the unit is recorded as stolen they wont do it for you!

Agreed - I wouldn't take the risk without the code. I bought my RNS-E from an eBay vendor but saw the unit working when I came to collect it, so I knew the code (and the unit, obviously) was working correctly.

Hmmm.

This unit is cheaper than others i have seen but is abit of an issue if i cant get it working lol

My local dealer is prety useless tbh, have too book the car in for a day for something that could take them 5 seconds to sort if they looked!

Is this definatly not a car audio re-coder jobbie?

Cheers for that help so far!

Oh also will come with the double din cage and heater and buttons. I don't need these bits so if anyone wants them p.m. me. That is if i go ahead lol

cheers

when i came to sell my single din headunit, I need the code as it had been lost by the previous owner so i rang a few dealers

Chesterfield Audi
You will need to bring the car to us so we can plug it into the computer to get the code - £20

Sheffield Audi
Same but £25

Derby Audi
Same £25

So I thought I would try one last stealer
Macclesfield Audi
Spoke to nice girl in service
Matt - I have misplaced my radio code
Audi - You will need to bring the car to us so we can get the serial number of the radio and check it on the Audi central computer.
Matt - If I remove the radio and get the serial number and give it you over the phone will that do"
Audi - Yes
Matt - Will there be a charge
Audi - No, just give us an hour and we will call you back

RESULT
Got the serial number of the radio and called them back, they didnt ask for any details of the car, i'm not even a customer there. 15 minutes later she called me back​

Hi mate,

Where was the serial number located? Is it a matter of actually having to fire the machine up! Don't want to buy it thats all without the code!

Thanks for your help!

Which one?
RNSE.jpg

Hmm don't think the RNS-E can be sorted by just the serial number can it? Have been told it needs to be plugged in....

Hmm don't think the RNS-E can be sorted by just the serial number can it? Have been told it needs to be plugged in....

I presume its the same as when i got the code for my concert. they only need the serial number to put in the computer, well they managed to give me a code without plugging in. A couple of dealers told me it would need plugging in also, but macc audi said not and proved it

The serial number can either be obtained by pulling the radio and looking for the serial number that is stamped into the the metal on the side of the case OR it can also be seen by plugging in VAG-COM and checking the radio module.

In the past.... one dealer charged me £25 and an other nothing.

Which one?
RNSE.jpg

I think its FUSE 15A

Joking apart, if the code is lost but the whole car is in the breakers - may be worth having a look to see if the owners manuals are present in the glovey, since the code will be stamped inside the owners manual, first page.

when i came to sell my single din headunit, I need the code as it had been lost by the previous owner so i rang a few dealers

Chesterfield Audi
You will need to bring the car to us so we can plug it into the computer to get the code - £20​

Sheffield Audi
Same but £25​

Derby Audi
Same £25​

So I thought I would try one last stealer
Macclesfield Audi
Spoke to nice girl in service
Matt - I have misplaced my radio code
Audi - You will need to bring the car to us so we can get the serial number of the radio and check it on the Audi central computer.
Matt - If I remove the radio and get the serial number and give it you over the phone will that do"
Audi - Yes
Matt - Will there be a charge
Audi - No, just give us an hour and we will call you back​

RESULT​

Got the serial number of the radio and called them back, they didnt ask for any details of the car, i'm not even a customer there. 15 minutes later she called me back​

Any chance you can remove this post?

:sign_omg: :sos:

No sir-eeeeeee

Can u put a pic of Lucy Pinder in that post instead Mattandrew.

Cheers