Do dealers offer extended test drives?

DiscoPanda

Reaction score
As subject. I can never tell if I like a car in a 15 minute drive about the block. Is there a precedent for dealers offering 48 hour test drives? Specifically for an S3.

Thanks in advance :)

Some Dealers do. I believe some one on here had one for 5 days but i think that was because he knew the sale person really well or some thing.
Worth a try even if its just for 24hours. 15minute test drive are sh*t lol...Before i had my a3 i had a bmw 1 series for 24hours but that was only because of my dad bought all his bmw from Sytner Cardiff or **** Lovett Bristol. Worth a try explain you want to know how the car feels etc and on a 15 minute test drive you can tell lol.
Good luck

Ashley

I've never tried for 24 hours but usually managed to get one for half a day, not that thats enough ... although you will usually get a very good idea if you like the car within the 1st 15 minutes.

I tried for a 24 hour before buying the S3. I hassled all the way up to Audi UK. I got nowhere

I booked an hour test drive with the sales rep at sheffield audi before xmas but had to work so cudent make it. I asked about 24 test drive, he said if i was impressed after the 1st drive they would look at getting a taxed S3 so i could have a full day test drive ie 9-5. Most of the vehicles are not taxed so you need to use trade plates, so a sales man is needed

When ordering mine, I had an S3 for around 1 1/2 hours, I'd already made my mind up that I was buying but took the offer anyway. I was supposed to be arriving at the dealership first thing and having the car all day. I had something else on and did not get to the dealer until early afternoon and as car was from another dealership and they needed to return it that evening.

If you are serious about buying then I'm sure if you ask they will do what they can. I suppose it all depends on if they have a car in the lot, or at another local dealer.

But if you dont ask you dont get.