Page 69 of 75 FirstFirst ... 19596263646566676869707172737475 LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,760 of 2973
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Black Edition

All the gear.. No idea

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by pre0ats View Post
    Great looking car, but one question....

Is the Alcantara non-perforated or is it just the angle of the photo the make it look plain?

I'd be interested to know if it was a change you requested when ordering, as I'm just in the process of ordering a Sportback BE 2.0TDI 170 as a company car and prefer the plain alcantara (i.e. as applicable to the Sport range) to the perforated stuff that is standard on the BE's.

Thanks
    Yer it is the angle.. it is the perforated stuff.. To be honest, initially I prefered the smooth stuff I had in my s3, but it has grown on me - now I really like the perforated stuff, it feels reall nice and looks more modern somehow than the previous stuff...?
    Red is the colour..

2. # ADS
    ADS

All the gear.. No idea

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    Really nice looking 8P... but that number plate???? Why? Really not the best mate.
    Ok...? what is it exactly you don't like about it?
    Red is the colour..

Banned

Status

New BE owners help please

Any of you folks got any ideas about the B* Radio turning itself on Loud every time we start up?

Is there a setting in MMI to silence it? We have Tech PAck with Nav and Bose.

Details and suggestions so far are here but not a lot of help.

Radio always comes on LOUD

Thanks in advance

2nd Gear

Status
    I had a similar problem but don't have sat nav - I adjusted my gala settings and that seems to have sorted it.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hey, i have ordered a BE 170BHP 3 door. I was just wondering how you've managed to get one with a black roof? Is it after market or can it be done by audi? Thanks.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by peggman28 View Post
    Hey, i have ordered a BE 170BHP 3 door. I was just wondering how you've managed to get one with a black roof? Is it after market or can it be done by audi? Thanks.
    I think you are going to find that it is the open sky roof option on the sportback iirc
    Matt.

A3 SB BE 170 TDI Quattro- Phantom Black
    If women can multi-task why can't they approach a roundabout and look right at the same time?

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by peggman28 View Post
    Its a optional extra sunroof called "Open sky panoramic sunroof" and its only on Sportbacks.
    A3 MY11 2.0TDI 170 Black Edition 2011:: Ibis White :: Technology Pack :: Comfort Pack :: Interior Light Pack :: Ext Mirrors electr/fold/heat/dim :: Audi Mud Flaps
    =============================
    Modifications - Brakes Calipers painted Black :: S-Line Grill badge ::

All the gear.. No idea

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    Really nice looking 8P... but that number plate???? Why? Really not the best mate.
    Oi pilot.. I asked you a question, don't just make a b*tchy throwaway comment because your mrs hasn't put out and then refuse to qualify it...
    Adam. likes this.
    Red is the colour..

Banned

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by quattro 1981 View Post
    Oi pilot.. I asked you a question, don't just make a b*tchy throwaway comment because your mrs hasn't put out and then refuse to qualify it...
    Sorry mate, I just don't understand your comment. Not intending to be *****y at all. All I thought was the Paintshop swirly number plates looked a bit silly. ;-0

Neutral

Status
    Finally I received my new Brilliant Red Black Edition 2.0tdi 170 on Thursday - less than 5 months after I ordered it - must be some kind of record. It's bog standard, other than the addition of cruise control and a Dension iPod kit that went in straight away. 700 miles done so far and pretty pleased with it. Colour was my daughter's choice - when deciding on which car to get her opinion was that it should be red....

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksa3 View Post
    Finally I received my new Brilliant Red Black Edition 2.0tdi 170 on Thursday - less than 5 months after I ordered it - must be some kind of record. It's bog standard, other than the addition of cruise control and a Dension iPod kit that went in straight away. 700 miles done so far and pretty pleased with it. Colour was my daughter's choice - when deciding on which car to get her opinion was that it should be red....
    Hi Nicksa3

Glad your please with your car, how are you finding the 170? Did you opt for Manual or S-Tronic?. I have a new 170 SB BE S-Tronic and done just over 1000 miles and loving every minute of it.

Neutral

Status
    I went for the manual; costs were escalating as it was! But so far, it's great. I'm hoping the engine will loosen up a bit, but it's one hell of an improvement over my last car, a Honda Accord.

Reverse Gear

Status

2010 Audi A3 Black edition exclusive Java Green for sale

Selling my 2010 Java Green Audi A3 Black Edition...

2010 AUDI A3 S LINE Black Edition TDI *exclusive paint* | eBay UK

Current:

2012 - Present 60 plate Audi A3 2.0 TDI (170) IBIS White, Half Alacantra Suede/Leather seats

2004 - Present 54 plate Mercedes SLK 350 manual, Silver-Blue, Xenon lights, Air Scarf, Heated Seats

Prev...

2011 - 2012 58 plate VW Golf GT Sport Tdi (140)

2010 - 2011 60 plate Audi A3 2.0 TDI (140) Exclusive Java Green, Parking Sensors, Audi BT prep

2009 - 2010 09 plate BMW 320D M Sport LCI Facelift, Space Grey
    1998 - 2004 98 plate VW Golf 1.4 S, Green

Reverse Gear

Status
    First Post!!

Just ordered 2.0 TDI (140) Sportback Black Edition in Brilliant Black. Only option I went for was the interior lighting pack! was going to go for the ipod dock, but after reading how pants it is I cancelled that option!

Been given a delivery date of 01/11/2011 which isn't too bad by the sounds of things!?

Can't wait!! ... only 167 days to go

Meow.

Status
    Sounds about right with the delivery time!

:D

Just Looking

Status
    A you saying iPod dock or AMI is pants?

I've had both and the AMI is far from pants.
    Stu.

A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, Quartz Grey, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara with Silver Stitching & Heating, Nav High, B & O, AMI, DAB, Parking Advanced & Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated Electric Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

Previous MY11 S3 Sportback Black Edition, S-Tronic, Ibis White.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by VRStu View Post
    A you saying iPod dock or AMI is pants?

I've had both and the AMI is far from pants.

totally agree mate - AMI sounds great, but you can only have it if you also spec the RSN-E correct? I was talking about the ipod dock with the standard headunit being pants!!

Meow.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackEdition View Post
    totally agree mate - AMI sounds great, but you can only have it if you also spec the RSN-E correct? I was talking about the ipod dock with the standard headunit being pants!!
    Yeah you need the RNS-E to get the AMI.

Standard iPod kit is crap. Much better spending the money on a Dension gateway.

Just Looking

Status
    I agree the standard CD Changer type iPod dock isn't up to much, I was simply concerned you'd discounted the AMI
    Stu.

A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, Quartz Grey, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara with Silver Stitching & Heating, Nav High, B & O, AMI, DAB, Parking Advanced & Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated Electric Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

Previous MY11 S3 Sportback Black Edition, S-Tronic, Ibis White.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackEdition View Post
    First Post!!

Just ordered 2.0 TDI (140) Sportback Black Edition in Brilliant Black. Only option I went for was the interior lighting pack! was going to go for the ipod dock, but after reading how pants it is I cancelled that option!

Been given a delivery date of 01/11/2011 which isn't too bad by the sounds of things!?

Can't wait!! ... only 167 days to go
    I ordered Sound Pack (which upgrades CD to 6x and includes IPOD dock) as you say it's pretty crap for a £200 option - Just use the AUX socket - its free !!
    Sportback 2.0TDI (140) Black Edition - Ordered April 2010 / Delivered 7th March 2011 - Brilliant Black | BT Phone prep low | Cruise Control | Interior Light Pack | Lumbar | Sound Pack

Meow.

Status
    Aux is even worse.

Best bet is Dension Gateway.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam. View Post
    Yeah you need the RNS-E to get the AMI.

Standard iPod kit is crap. Much better spending the money on a Dension gateway.
    I have to say i found it such hard work picking the extras from the brochure!

I've just checked my order confirmation with the lease company and i've managed to order the AMI, but not the RNS-E ! I wonder what i will end up with!

I think i might end up buying a Dension gateway!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul C View Post
    I have to say i found it such hard work picking the extras from the brochure!

I've just checked my order confirmation with the lease company and i've managed to order the AMI, but not the RNS-E ! I wonder what i will end up with!

I think i might end up buying a Dension gateway!
    Yeah I found it very confusing! In the end the price of the AMI & RNS-E combined was way too much! (if it was cheaper I would've gone for it as i think it's a great bit of kit!!)

Will probably end up going for the Dension gateway as the sensible option!

Meow.

Status
    Strange one!

I had the Dension in my Leon and it appeared on the DIS in full, You navigated the same way you would on the iPod screen. Would defo get another one.

Neutral

Status
    Hi People,

Iam looking to sell my 2010 60 plate 3 door black edition 1.8tfsi and wanted to get an idea of how much I would look to get for it?. It has done 8011 miles, phantom black If anybody can help would be much appreciated.

Vorsprung Durch Technik
    Snake Champion

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Daley. View Post
    Hi People,

Iam looking to sell my 2010 60 plate 3 door black edition 1.8tfsi and wanted to get an idea of how much I would look to get for it?. It has done 8011 miles, phantom black If anybody can help would be much appreciated.
    Your best bet is to put your spec. in the Audi Used website and see if there's a match, if so you have your price

MY11 Audi A3 Black Edition | Ibis White

Technology Pack | Interior Light Pack | Heated Front Seats | Tyre Pressure Monitor | Folding Mirrors | Deletion of Model & Engine Capacity

Follow me on Twitter

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibis Edition View Post
    Your best bet is to put your spec. in the Audi Used website and see if there's a match, if so you have your price
    Yh I did this but no luck, my spec doesn't seem to be on there.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Strange one!

I had the Dension in my Leon and it appeared on the DIS in full, You navigated the same way you would on the iPod screen. Would defo get another one.

I have to say this is what i thought was going to happen with the AMI in the Audi. But after reading the above, i'm now even more confused than when i read the brochure!!

I test drove a Passat and that had the VW equivalent of the AMI and it was great, all the music info came up on the DIS. I hope i'm lucky and thats how it works in the A3

Vorsprung Durch Technik
    Snake Champion

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul C View Post
    I have to say this is what i thought was going to happen with the AMI in the Audi. But after reading the above, i'm now even more confused than when i read the brochure!!

I test drove a Passat and that had the VW equivalent of the AMI and it was great, all the music info came up on the DIS. I hope i'm lucky and thats how it works in the A3
    If you have the technology pack it will happen

MY11 Audi A3 Black Edition | Ibis White

Technology Pack | Interior Light Pack | Heated Front Seats | Tyre Pressure Monitor | Folding Mirrors | Deletion of Model & Engine Capacity

Follow me on Twitter

Neutral

Status
    Strange one!

How much is this Denison Kit (I know there's various options) but I would just like to play my Ipod by choosing the options through DIS as above. And is it a DIY fit or dealer/shop fit ?
    Sportback 2.0TDI (140) Black Edition - Ordered April 2010 / Delivered 7th March 2011 - Brilliant Black | BT Phone prep low | Cruise Control | Interior Light Pack | Lumbar | Sound Pack

Neutral

Status
    Guys,

What is it that's so bad about the Ipod dock in the glove box?

I've not had the order confirmation so there could still be a chance to change, save my money and get the Denison kit. Which looks awesome if it works the same way as shown above.
    Gone but not forgotten - Silver 2001 210BHP AMK, Black/blue interior, no silver/alloy mirrors, Brembo brakes, Standard LCR disc and DS2000 pads, Bilstein B8 shocks with H&R Springs.
    Present - VW 1.9TDI Passat SE
    To come - A3 Sportback BE 2.0TDI 140

Meow.

Status
    I got it for my birthday from my old man but I think it was around £129 with the cable.

Dead easy to fit, just pop the stereo out then fir that between the quadlock on the back of the headunit and run the ipod cable into the glove box!

Meow.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by eagle_s3 View Post
    Guys,

What is it that's so bad about the Ipod dock in the glove box?

I've not had the order confirmation so there could still be a chance to change, save my money and get the Denison kit. Which looks awesome if it works the same way as shown above.
    You get the first 6 playlists. It's just epically **** tbh, no way of selecting what you want and then when it does play, it's all random.

It's actually that much of a fail that I still burn tunes onto cd's when I use my dad's A3!

Tomo

Status
    Went to see my BE today as it was just delivered today and still in the wrapping Can't wait!!! I am getting it on monday morning
    11 Red Audi A3 S-Line Black Edition Quattro

Neutral

Status
    Thanks Adam,

Think i'll be making a point of removing it before the order is confirmed.
    Gone but not forgotten - Silver 2001 210BHP AMK, Black/blue interior, no silver/alloy mirrors, Brembo brakes, Standard LCR disc and DS2000 pads, Bilstein B8 shocks with H&R Springs.
    Present - VW 1.9TDI Passat SE
    To come - A3 Sportback BE 2.0TDI 140

1st Gear

Status
    Longwait4aBE - was that you at Morrisons on Monday (23/05/11)?
    A3 MY11 2.0TDI 170 Black Edition 2011:: Ibis White :: Technology Pack :: Comfort Pack :: Interior Light Pack :: Ext Mirrors electr/fold/heat/dim :: Audi Mud Flaps
    =============================
    Modifications - Brakes Calipers painted Black :: S-Line Grill badge ::

Neutral

Status
    Simplythebest - when did you order your BE? I ordered early April and have been told July / August... Not had a confirmed delivery date yet so not getting my hopes up...
    Audi A3 Black Edition 2.0 TDI 3DR (61 Plate) | Ordered April 2011 - Delivered Sept 2011
    Phantom Black Metallic Paint | Full Black Vienna Leather | Comfort Pack | Electric Folding Wing Mirrors

PhantomDrive

Status
    Ordered mine two weeks ago been told 4th November hopefully it will speed up!! Ordered a 140ps hb s-tronic BE Brilliant black, fld mrrs, Ipod connection

Tomo

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s1ngy View Post
    Simplythebest - when did you order your BE? I ordered early April and have been told July / August... Not had a confirmed delivery date yet so not getting my hopes up...
    Hey s1ngy... Ordered it in mid February and getting it two weeks sooner than the delivery date I am sooo excited now I will not sleep this weekend haha got a few good mods to be done

I had ordered a Red 2.0TDi (170) S-Line Black Edition Quattro with Comfort pack and Ipod kit Think there was something else but cant quite remember haha
    Last edited by SimplyTheBest1989; 26th May 2011 at 18:47.
    11 Red Audi A3 S-Line Black Edition Quattro

Neutral

Status
    I bet, that's awesome! hope mine comes 2 weeks early! i've not been able to sleep since early April :-)

Make sure you post some pics next week!
    Audi A3 Black Edition 2.0 TDI 3DR (61 Plate) | Ordered April 2011 - Delivered Sept 2011
    Phantom Black Metallic Paint | Full Black Vienna Leather | Comfort Pack | Electric Folding Wing Mirrors