Monster MotorsportSky Insurance
Page 66 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1656596061626364656667686970717273 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,640 of 2973
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Black Edition

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by LongWait4aBE View Post
    Twin exhausts - single exhausts - It may look better with twin pipes but basically the 170bhp was nearly twice the cost per month. I personally didn't want to spend the same cost as having two 140 bhp A3's just for a twin exhaust and a few extra bhp. Yes it looks better - Yes it goes faster.. But I've got a nice new A3 SB BE with a tidy sum in my pay packet - smiles all round
    Why twice the cost per month?? if you dont mind me asking.

Dave

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jbs2472 View Post
    I am at long last collecting my car at 10:00 on Saturday...good times!

On order - A3 SB Black Edition 2.0TDI (170) S-Tronic - Ibis White | Open Sky Panoramic Sunroof | Full Vienna Leather | Interior Light Pack | Light & Rain Sensor Pack | Power Folding Mirrors | Deletion of Engine designation at rear | Non Smokers Pack | Ordered August 5th 2010 -Delivery March 26th 2011
    Glad to hear you are collecting it soon, picked my black edition A4 on Monday, looks fantastic in Aruba blue. Hopefully get some pics up at the weekend.

2nd Gear

Status
    The difference between the 140 & 170 when I ordered mine was only about 40 per month.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jbs2472 View Post
    The difference between the 140 & 170 when I ordered mine was only about 40 per month.
    Likewise - it was that and the additional company car tax (another 40ish) that put me off the 170BHP

2nd Gear

Status
    Mine is a private sale so i opted for the 170.

Neutral

Status
    can the rear diffuser be removed/changed to fit a twin exahust, or does the rear bumper have to be changed completely?
    AUDI TTS FOR SALE - £17k

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja21 View Post
    Why twice the cost per month?? if you dont mind me asking.

Dave
    At the time of ordering my car the 140bhp was around 68/mth whereas the 170 was around 130 /mth with Quattro at around 172 /mth. As you say the 140 bhp is 13% P11D value whereas the 170 is 17% P11D. Then the maintenance figs were higher on 170 too. I'm not knocking the 170 (or quattro's) but I didn't feel I could justify twice the monthy outlay for a bit more power and twin exhausts. I'm happy with my deal.
    Sportback 2.0TDI (140) Black Edition - Ordered April 2010 / Delivered 7th March 2011 - Brilliant Black | BT Phone prep low | Cruise Control | Interior Light Pack | Lumbar | Sound Pack

Interior Next!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jessy View Post
    I'm keen to see the photos of the Black audi.i like to much black audi...
    Gone but not forgotten......
    S
    3 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Most Extras

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings
    Mods To Do: Full Retrim - MY11 RNSe - Coilovers- Plenty Carbon

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jessy View Post
    I'm keen to see the photos of the Black audi.i like to much black audi...
    Nurse!.........he's out of bed again.
    A3 | Black Edition | 3 Door | 2.0TDI 140 | Phantom Black

Neutral

Status
    At the time of ordering my car the 140bhp was around 68/mth whereas the 170 was around 130 /mth with Quattro at around 172 /mth. As you say the 140 bhp is 13% P11D value whereas the 170 is 17% P11D. Then the maintenance figs were higher on 170 too. I'm not knocking the 170 (or quattro's) but I didn't feel I could justify twice the monthy outlay for a bit more power and twin exhausts. I'm happy with my deal.
    Ah I see, mine is a company car and i went for the 170 BE ordered June 10 been advised delivery will be end of April.

Neutral

Status
    Company car drivers
    2011/2012 Tax year
    140 bhp (115 CO2) = 13% of OTR price currently at 23,310
    170 bhp (123 CO2) = 18% of OTR price currently at 24,240
    170 bhp Quattro (135 CO2) = 20% of OTR price currently at 25,750
    Sportback 2.0TDI (140) Black Edition - Ordered April 2010 / Delivered 7th March 2011 - Brilliant Black | BT Phone prep low | Cruise Control | Interior Light Pack | Lumbar | Sound Pack

Reverse Gear

Status
    Something to keep you going until your's turns up.. Done 1800 miles - and it's now got 4 coats of Collinite
    thanks for the fix!

not long to wait now!
    Taking delivery Monday!!!! - A3 SB 140 Black Edition in Brilliant Black

Neutral

Status
    I got mine today! Pics to follow.
    On Order;- A3 2.0TDI 140 Black Edition Sportback Ibis White Light & Rain Sensor Package Interior Light Pack Sound Package Non Smokers Pack Engine Designation deletion It's finally here!

Meow.

Status
    Just heard back today about mines, October delivery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vorsprung Durch Technik
    Snake Champion

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmann78 View Post
    I got mine today! Pics to follow.
    You happy with it?

I'm sure it was worth the wait

MY11 Audi A3 Black Edition | Ibis White

Technology Pack | Interior Light Pack | Heated Front Seats | Tyre Pressure Monitor | Folding Mirrors | Deletion of Model & Engine Capacity

Follow me on Twitter

Vorsprung Durch Technik
    Snake Champion

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam. View Post
    Just heard back today about mines, October delivery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This is a joke!

Technology Pack | Interior Light Pack | Heated Front Seats | Tyre Pressure Monitor | Folding Mirrors | Deletion of Model & Engine Capacity

Follow me on Twitter

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi Cmann78, thinking about ordering with Ibis White, look forward to seeing the pics. Its a toss between the white or lava. Many thanks

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibis Edition View Post
    This is a joke!
    Vorsprung Durch Technik (Verypoor Delivery Times)

2nd Gear

Status
    I eventually pick my car up in a few hours..

Meow.

Status
    Vorsprung Durch Technik (Verypoor Delivery Times)

6th Gear

Status
    Company car drivers
    2011/2012 Tax year
    140 bhp (115 CO2) = 13% of OTR price currently at 23,310
    170 bhp (123 CO2) = 18% of OTR price currently at 24,240
    170 bhp Quattro (135 CO2) = 20% of OTR price currently at 25,750

Ah... Now I understand..... and remember why I opted out of the Company Car scheme in 1995!! That is bonkers.
    SOLD 0201204 8P March 2011 Black Edition 2.0Tdi170 Sportback quattro..lots of bits... Others in the Garage......
    Arrived 1 March 2014 ..Phantom 2014 8V S3 Sportback. lots of bits, Pano roof, Tech Pack.TPMS, WOW ;-)

Neutral

Status
    Finally, after what seems an age, i am a Black Edition Owner!!!! Absolutely loving it and the car is everything i hoped it would be. Thought i'd post some pictures below, hope they work!

Matt.

A3 SB BE 170 TDI Quattro- Phantom Black
    If women can multi-task why can't they approach a roundabout and look right at the same time?

Thomas the Tank Engine - Choo, Choo!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MattBE View Post
    Finally, after what seems an age, i am a Black Edition Owner!!!! Absolutely loving it and the car is everything i hoped it would be. Thought i'd post some pictures below, hope they work!
    Stunning car mate - bet you are grinning from ear to ear!!
    Was an Audi S3, Pre-Facelift 210 bhp, Security Tints, Standard spec, simple sweet and to the point.

Currently a Golf GT TDi 170 DSG in Pearlescent Black with every conceivable extra available - company car

From June 2011 - Audi A3 Sportback Black Edition 140 tdi (company car) with DSG gearbox, Technology Pack + AMI, Storage Pack, Open Sky Roof System, Comfort Pack, Luggage Pack and Interior Light pack. Oh and it's Monza Silver. Can't wait

Neutral
    Othello Champion

Status
    LOOKING GOOD

Vorsprung Durch Technik
    Snake Champion

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MattBE View Post

The wait is always worth it in the end! The car is stunning

Follow me on Twitter

Vorsprung Durch Technik
    Snake Champion

Status
    I gave mine a detail over the past two days, i'll get some new pictures up with my new pedals, mats and a clean looking exterior once I get some snaps

Follow me on Twitter

6th Gear

Status
    Great photos Matt... looks just like ours apart from Roof rails. We are greatly impressed with the 2011 BE Quattro SB having had the 2008 (S-Line) and 2005 (Sport) versions previously.
    The Twin Exhausts make the rear look purposeful unlike the single job + they are bigger than the 2008 model.

Our dislikes are few. Sat Nav is pretty poor and the womens voice is dire... 'Prepare to arrive at a Roundabout' WTF what does she expect you to do? Clean your shoes and comb your hair! Our economy is pretty good so far 40.7 average over 441 miles. Shame the B* Government will not cut fuel costs (especially Diesel) as in the rest of the EU.
    SOLD 0201204 8P March 2011 Black Edition 2.0Tdi170 Sportback quattro..lots of bits... Others in the Garage......
    Arrived 1 March 2014 ..Phantom 2014 8V S3 Sportback. lots of bits, Pano roof, Tech Pack.TPMS, WOW ;-)

Neutral

Status
    [QUOTE=PilotAudi;1212965]Great photos Matt... looks just like ours apart from Roof rails. We are greatly impressed with the 2011 BE Quattro SB having had the 2008 (S-Line) and 2005 (Sport) versions previously.
    The Twin Exhausts make the rear look purposeful unlike the single job + they are bigger than the 2008 model.

Our dislikes are few. Sat Nav is pretty poor and the womens voice is dire... [QUOTE]

I am hugely impressed with the car at this stage. Obviously having just driven a Zafira hire car for the last six months and owning a megane R26 (given the R26 was a 'premium' Megane') before that i can't get over the quality of the car. Also the four wheel drive coming out of bends and roundabouts just makes me laugh out loud. Fantastic! I'm not a believer in built in Sat Nav's so can't comment on the 'lady'!!

My only pet hate at the moment - pulling up outside my driveway to reverse in only to have the stop-start turn the engine off. My wife is convinced i keep stalling it! Must keep the clutch on the floor! Also the wing mirrors are quite wide so have to watch them on a couple of narrow roads round where i live.
    Matt.

If women can multi-task why can't they approach a roundabout and look right at the same time?

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by clembo View Post
    Hi Cmann78, thinking about ordering with Ibis White, look forward to seeing the pics. Its a toss between the white or lava. Many thanks
    As advised, 1st pics of the new car - i've kept them quite small to keep load times quick.

Mileage on delivery:

and the mpg on the way into work this morning (not bad with only 119 miles on the clock!):

Last edited by Cmann78; 28th March 2011 at 13:01. Reason: typo
    On Order;- A3 2.0TDI 140 Black Edition Sportback Ibis White Light & Rain Sensor Package Interior Light Pack Sound Package Non Smokers Pack Engine Designation deletion It's finally here!

Vorsprung Durch Technik
    Snake Champion

Status
    Nice to see plenty of people now picking up there cars, some great one on show

Follow me on Twitter

Vorsprung Durch Technik
    Snake Champion

Status
    As advised, 1st pics of the new car - i've kept them quite small to keep load times quick.

Mileage on delivery:

and the mpg on the way into work this morning (not bad with only 119 miles on the clock!):

Wish I was getting that MPG

Follow me on Twitter

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibis Edition View Post
    Wish I was getting that MPG
    That was a mix of driving too - bit of town, bit of A/B road and about 50% motorway at the legal limit of course officer. I came home a different way (all dual carriage way and A road) and it touched 61mpg! What are you managing then Ibis?

2nd Gear

Status
    not sure this will work but here goes.

MPG | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Seriously what's changed with the picture uploading on here, i used to be able to do it :-/

anyway if this doesn't work i don't know lol..

65MPG got it to 65.6 but was trying to drive also...
    Last edited by Richy_C; 28th March 2011 at 21:57.

2nd Gear

Status
    I would also say if you got an Ibis get some, no loads of Wax on the front bumper, they chip something rotten.

seriously considering getting some of that film protection to cover it and help it out.

Vorsprung Durch Technik
    Snake Champion

Status
    That was a mix of driving too - bit of town, bit of A/B road and about 50% motorway at the legal limit of course officer. I came home a different way (all dual carriage way and A road) and it touched 61mpg! What are you managing then Ibis?
    Not that, I'm getting just over 30 I think

Follow me on Twitter

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Richy_C View Post
    I would also say if you got an Ibis get some, no loads of Wax on the front bumper, they chip something rotten.

seriously considering getting some of that film protection to cover it and help it out.
    I have piled the wax on there at the weekend (Poorboys Diamond white show glaze and then a couple of coats of Poorboys EX-P sealant over the top) so i'll keep topping up...

6th Gear

Status
    [QUOTE=MattBE;1213232][QUOTE=PilotAudi;1212965]Great photos Matt... looks just like ours apart from Roof rails. We are greatly impressed with the 2011 BE Quattro SB having had the 2008 (S-Line) and 2005 (Sport) versions previously.

Our dislikes are few. Sat Nav is pretty poor and the womens voice is dire...

I am hugely impressed with the car at this stage. Obviously having just driven a Zafira hire car for the last six months and owning a megane R26 (given the R26 was a 'premium' Megane') before that i can't get over the quality of the car. Also the four wheel drive coming out of bends and roundabouts just makes me laugh out loud. Fantastic! I'm not a believer in built in Sat Nav's so can't comment on the 'lady'!!

My only pet hate at the moment - pulling up outside my driveway to reverse in only to have the stop-start turn the engine off. My wife is convinced i keep stalling it! Must keep the clutch on the floor! Also the wing mirrors are quite wide so have to watch them on a couple of narrow roads round where i live.
    Not sure about the old A3 RDS Nav, later Audi versions are better but as part of the Tech pack it only cost about say sub 4 a week I reckon over 3 years and you get AMI, SD cards etc too.

Any sign of the baby yet or are you waiting for the newer version due at the Paris Show??? ;-0

1st Gear

Status
    Will be collecting my S3 BE shortly. Is there any things I need to lookout or check for upon collection?

Neutral

Status
    [QUOTE=PilotAudi;1214801][QUOTE=MattBE;1213232]
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    Great photos Matt... looks just like ours apart from Roof rails. We are greatly impressed with the 2011 BE Quattro SB having had the 2008 (S-Line) and 2005 (Sport) versions previously.

Our dislikes are few. Sat Nav is pretty poor and the womens voice is dire...

Not sure about the old A3 RDS Nav, later Audi versions are better but as part of the Tech pack it only cost about say sub 4 a week I reckon over 3 years and you get AMI, SD cards etc too.

Any sign of the baby yet or are you waiting for the newer version due at the Paris Show??? ;-0
    Still no baby. Never thought that Audi would be more reliable sticking to a deadline than my wife!!!

Hopefully the Paris show edition of the baby will come with a working volume control!!! ;-)
    Matt.

5th Gear

Status
    How can you guys afford all these brand new cars:D?
    Last edited by RedDejavu; 30th March 2011 at 09:09.
    Be patient. English is tough.

Now:

61 Audi S3 BE S-Tronic Ibis White: Build Thread.
    / Black Edition pack (SatNav, Bluetooth) / Parking Sensors / Tinted windows / piano inlays and finish / Cruise Control / Interior light pack /
    /Mods: REVO Stage 2+: Revo Intake / Milltek Resonated TBE / LOBA HPFP/ GFB DV+ / Crystal Clear H11 FOGS / Black roof + spoiler vinyl wrap / H&R Anti-roll bars / Superpro ALK /