AH FabricationsChris Nott
Page 64 of 75 FirstFirst ... 145457585960616263646566676869707174 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,560 of 2973
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Black Edition

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt99 View Post
    you sorted anymore pics Pilot.... looked good on the few you put on so far.
    Been away all week, may get round to giving it a clean and taking some more pics, but Mrs has other plans for me I think.
    SOLD 0201204 8P March 2011 Black Edition 2.0Tdi170 Sportback quattro..lots of bits... Others in the Garage......
    Arrived 1 March 2014 ..Phantom 2014 8V S3 Sportback. lots of bits, Pano roof, Tech Pack.TPMS, WOW ;-)

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Sportback 2.0TDI (140) Black Edition - Ordered April 2010 / Delivered 7th March 2011 - Brilliant Black | BT Phone prep low | Cruise Control | Interior Light Pack | Lumbar | Sound Pack

Neutral

Status
    Sportback 2.0TDI (140) Black Edition - Ordered April 2010 / Delivered 7th March 2011 - Brilliant Black | BT Phone prep low | Cruise Control | Interior Light Pack | Lumbar | Sound Pack

Neutral

Status

Vorsprung Durch Technik
    Snake Champion

Status
    Finally! How you liking the new car?

MY11 Audi A3 Black Edition | Ibis White

Technology Pack | Interior Light Pack | Heated Front Seats | Tyre Pressure Monitor | Folding Mirrors | Deletion of Model & Engine Capacity

Follow me on Twitter

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibis Edition View Post
    Finally! How you liking the new car?
    Car's great - Done just over 600 miles so far, but another 600 next week. Love the BT speach control.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by LongWait4aBE View Post
    Car's great - Done just over 600 miles so far, but another 600 next week. Love the BT speach control.
    And as discussed on here on numerous occassions can you confirm its now standard??

Neutral

Status
    And as discussed on here on numerous occassions can you confirm its now standard??
    Well when I ordered mine back in May 2010, It was about 345 for BT low in centre armrest. BT is now standard on BE but not sure what you get for that cuz' the BT low in centre armrest is still a cost option.

Vorsprung Durch Technik
    Snake Champion

Status
    You would have done more miles by the end of next week than me already. I've had mine since 28th October

Technology Pack | Interior Light Pack | Heated Front Seats | Tyre Pressure Monitor | Folding Mirrors | Deletion of Model & Engine Capacity

Follow me on Twitter

Neutral

Status

Chemical Guys Extreme bodywash + wax
    Sonus Ultra Fine Clay
    Chemical Guys EZ Glaze Shine with Acrylic Shine II (2 coats)
    Chemical Guys Jetseal 109 (2 coats)
    Collinite 915 (2 coats)

Wheels next week ..

Vorsprung Durch Technik
    Snake Champion

Status
    I cleaned mine yesterday, waiting for my week off end of March to give it a full detail and fit my S3 pedals, can't wait

Follow me on Twitter

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    Been away all week, may get round to giving it a clean and taking some more pics, but Mrs has other plans for me I think.
    Been very busy.... decorating and down the Pub so no photos... but a bit like Longwaits but with Quattro nice twin exhausts and Open Sky... so far so good we reckon.

?Bit intrigued with Ibis's post wanting S3 Pedals... if you want them buy and S3 is my view, who sees them anyway.
    SOLD 0201204 8P March 2011 Black Edition 2.0Tdi170 Sportback quattro..lots of bits... Others in the Garage......
    Arrived 1 March 2014 ..Phantom 2014 8V S3 Sportback. lots of bits, Pano roof, Tech Pack.TPMS, WOW ;-)

Vorsprung Durch Technik
    Snake Champion

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    ?Bit intrigued with Ibis's post wanting S3 Pedals... if you want them buy and S3 is my view, who sees them anyway.
    It makes the interior look that little better. I would buy an S3 if funds allowed it, the pedals cost me 109, to upgrade to the S3 would have been 5000. No brainer!

Follow me on Twitter

2nd Gear

Status
    Good news at last my car is at the docks in Germany awaiting shipment....do you know roughly how long I have to wait until I get it?

Neutral

Status
    My A4 was at the docks last Monday, I will let you know when it arrives at the dealer if you wish?

2nd Gear

Status
    Thanks 94jdh

Neutral

Status
    no problem, the dealer did say 7 to 10 days and is updating me tomorrow, but I have a feeling I won't receive it this week. I will post an update when he contacts me.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi LongWaitForaBE - on the back of your car, you have the 'shark fin' - i've seen some cars with and some without. Are you (or anyone) able to tell me if you buy a new standard black edition, whether it comes with it/what is its use? Thanks in advance.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by urbanblueprint View Post
    Hi LongWaitForaBE - on the back of your car, you have the 'shark fin' - i've seen some cars with and some without. Are you (or anyone) able to tell me if you buy a new standard black edition, whether it comes with it/what is its use? Thanks in advance.
    Only comes if you have either the Tech pack or Mobile telephone preparation – Low option.
    A3 MY11 2.0TDI 170 Black Edition 2011:: Ibis White :: Technology Pack :: Comfort Pack :: Interior Light Pack :: Ext Mirrors electr/fold/heat/dim :: Audi Mud Flaps
    =============================
    Modifications - Brakes Calipers painted Black :: S-Line Grill badge ::

1st Gear

Status
    Very nice mate. I see you finally got round cleaning it. Going give my car another coat of wax tomorrow me think.
    A3 MY11 2.0TDI 170 Black Edition 2011:: Ibis White :: Technology Pack :: Comfort Pack :: Interior Light Pack :: Ext Mirrors electr/fold/heat/dim :: Audi Mud Flaps

CJ1
    Reverse Gear

Status
    Is this brilliant or phantom? I got the same on its way... but doesn't arrive till June!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Looks great, would love to know the colour too, i have one arriving in a month in brilliant black, i've got the clay and wax already as i've heard what a b*tch the brilliant black is to keep looking good!

Would love to hear people's advice on whether it is worth claying, polishing then waxing it or is the polish not required as it is brand new and SHOULD be blemish free!?
    Taking delivery Monday!!!! - A3 SB 140 Black Edition in Brilliant Black

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by grumbleweed View Post
    Looks great, would love to know the colour too, i have one arriving in a month in brilliant black, i've got the clay and wax already as i've heard what a b*tch the brilliant black is to keep looking good!

Would love to hear people's advice on whether it is worth claying, polishing then waxing it or is the polish not required as it is brand new and SHOULD be blemish free!?
    Yes it worth claying you will be surpised how much crap get stuck to the paint when it was a transport. Wash, clay, Glazed, sealed and wax.

You you want more advice on cleaning your car just PM as i am used to doing quite lot of detaling.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Yes it worth claying you will be surpised how much crap get stuck to the paint when it was a transport. Wash, clay, Glazed, sealed and wax.

You you want more advice on cleaning your car just PM as i am used to doing quite lot of detaling.
    As Diamond says - Yes it is worth claying (I wasn't going to - but it does get stuff off that you wouldn't know was there) Deffo use Chemical Guys EZ Glaze Shine with Acrylic II (its the dogs dangley bits !!) Collinite 915 is good but don't leave on too long maybe one or two panels at a time. My BE is Brilliant black - I prefer this black because it is a deeper black than phantom (maybe a little more difficult to keep in good cond) but I've already covered 1200 miles and mines OK (Last Audi A4 was brilliant black - that still looked good when I got rid )

Neutral

Status

I had to do a bit of hand polishing on one of the front wings - I think the stealers used a brillo pad to clean it !!

2nd Gear

Status
    Looking good Longwait, make sure there is plenty of polish on the nose they chip like a bugger.

Reverse Gear

Status
    As Diamond says - Yes it is worth claying (I wasn't going to - but it does get stuff off that you wouldn't know was there) Deffo use Chemical Guys EZ Glaze Shine with Acrylic II (its the dogs dangley bits !!) Collinite 915 is good but don't leave on too long maybe one or two panels at a time. My BE is Brilliant black - I prefer this black because it is a deeper black than phantom (maybe a little more difficult to keep in good cond) but I've already covered 1200 miles and mines OK (Last Audi A4 was brilliant black - that still looked good when I got rid )
    nice one cheers, my exact thoughts on the Brilliant Black too! I've never done any detailing, didnt want to spend a fortune on stuff so got got some AG HD wax as well as the AG Clay Kit, looks like i may need to get the EZ Glaze stuff too now!

Neutral

Status
    Update of delivery A4 (for:jbs2742): Now left the port (been there for a week), now supposedly due sometime next week, was due by Wednesday this week. My thoughts are it's getting pushed to April, as it will be a flat month compared to March sales.

Neutral

Status
    Finally received notification that the car will be delivered next Friday, the 25th March!!!!! YAY!!

So at least i know when the baby will arrive as it is sods law it will happen on the same day!

That was ordered at the start of October for reference. The car that is, not the baby.............
    Matt.

A3 SB BE 170 TDI Quattro- Phantom Black
    If women can multi-task why can't they approach a roundabout and look right at the same time?

Neutral

Status
    I too hadconfirmation yesterday that my BE will be ariving on 25th March - and I ordered mine 6th September! But hey, at least its not too far away now!

^^ Best of luck with the baby BTW.
    On Order;- A3 2.0TDI 140 Black Edition Sportback Ibis White Light & Rain Sensor Package Interior Light Pack Sound Package Non Smokers Pack Engine Designation deletion It's finally here!

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Only comes if you have either the Tech pack or Mobile telephone preparation – Low option.
    Or DVD Sat Nav.... although why anyone would order that on its own rather than Tech Pack I do not know!!

Neutral

Status
    nice one cheers, my exact thoughts on the Brilliant Black too! I've never done any detailing, didnt want to spend a fortune on stuff so got got some AG HD wax as well as the AG Clay Kit, looks like i may need to get the EZ Glaze stuff too now!
    I've always kept my cars looking good (or so I thought) From Nova SRi's through Honda Civic 1.6i VTEC and numerous other Honda's then Audi's, all using AG products, but I can tell you that Chemical Guys EZ Glaze is in a different league. I've never done any detailing in my life until my I got my BE. Thanks to "Diamond" I've found the best products. Never use a chamois again - Der Wonder drying towels. Clay bar - I thought that was somewhere you bought a pint of beer!! Cheers Diamond for making me skint !!..

Reverse Gear

Status
    Can confirm its definitely standard, took delivery of our A3 Sptbk 2.0 tdi 140 S-tronic Condor Grey today completely standard apart from being de badged, and it has bluetooth on it, pairs fine with my HTC Desire and wife Sony X10.

Shame the delivery driver put 371 miles on it though, still its only leased so not that fussed.

Will stick some pics up when I take some, needs a clean already after its drive down from Carlisle to Essex.

Reverse Gear

Status
    I've always kept my cars looking good (or so I thought) From Nova SRi's through Honda Civic 1.6i VTEC and numerous other Honda's then Audi's, all using AG products, but I can tell you that Chemical Guys EZ Glaze is in a different league. I've never done any detailing in my life until my I got my BE. Thanks to "Diamond" I've found the best products. Never use a chamois again - Der Wonder drying towels. Clay bar - I thought that was somewhere you bought a pint of beer!! Cheers Diamond for making me skint !!..
    Detailing can turn into a seriously expensive hobby - the Chemical Guys polish was my first foray into detailing (mostly because I liked the smell) and it went downhill from there - waxes, mitts, snow foam gun, polishing machines, pads.....My latest aquisition was spending 40.00 on two Dodo Juice Buckets complete with grit guards and lids from the UD show on Sunday.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by martind511 View Post
    Detailing can turn into a seriously expensive hobby - the Chemical Guys polish was my first foray into detailing (mostly because I liked the smell) and it went downhill from there - waxes, mitts, snow foam gun, polishing machines, pads.....My latest aquisition was spending 40.00 on two Dodo Juice Buckets complete with grit guards and lids from the UD show on Sunday.

It certainly is a vice, my wife asked me where all the money was going, i told her i had another woman to keep her off the sent.

1st Gear

Status
    LoL...... your welcome mate!

Finally got the chance yesterday to take my car out for a good run. Managed get 55mpg going down Birmingham on the A34 very impressed and only done 405miles so far since i had it back in Jan.

2nd Gear

Status
    Car has just arrived at Sheerness so shouldn't be long now....

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jbs2472 View Post
    Car has just arrived at Sheerness so shouldn't be long now....
    I wonder if my A4 is on the same boat, I thought they usually came in to Grimsby? Did the dealer give you any info on how long from the UK port?

2nd Gear

Status
    I am down south and apparently all southies cars come into Sheerness.

I have just phoned him and asked delivery as i wanted to pick it up on the 2nd April (Birthday) and he said that it would be more than likely the 26th March.

Reverse Gear

Status
    First post here....been looking for a long time though.

This forum helped me to get information regarding the availability of the A3 BE. Thanks to everyone who contributes regularly.

Pleased to say I have now got my A3 BE - but it wasn't easy. Had one on order for 6 months with our lease company, the delivery date was put back a number of times until 2 weeks ago they decided there was no longer any date at all!!
    My boss was not happy to wait indefinitely so he offered to buy a car outright (spec in my sig). The only things missing from my original order were cruise control and USB connection. I was a bit annoying at losing those but it was this car or whatever the lease comany had available immediately.
    No choice really.

Anyway, it's a great car. I had a Passat before and an A4 before that so I was worried that this car might be too small (I'm 6ft 5) but it's great and much cheaper on the company car tax than my Passat SE.

Hope you guys all enjoy your BE's when they arrive.
    A3 | Black Edition | 3 Door | 2.0TDI 140 | Phantom Black