Vorsprung Durch Technik
    Snake Champion

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 94jdh View Post
    according to the configurator it is same price as all metallic:

The Audi Configurator - Intro
    My bad, certainly wasn't an option when I ordered mine though

MY11 Audi A3 Black Edition | Ibis White

Technology Pack | Interior Light Pack | Heated Front Seats | Tyre Pressure Monitor | Folding Mirrors | Deletion of Model & Engine Capacity

Follow me on Twitter

2. # ADS
    ADS

Vorsprung Durch Technik
    Snake Champion

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Herald1 View Post
    My nearest Audi dealers are Ayr & Glasgow & none of them have had an BE's in since I ordered in Oct. What did you think of the silver?
    I like Silver myself, think it looks good with the black styling pack. Have you seen Slade777's?

Technology Pack | Interior Light Pack | Heated Front Seats | Tyre Pressure Monitor | Folding Mirrors | Deletion of Model & Engine Capacity

Follow me on Twitter

Reverse Gear

Status
    Less washing for me then!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Yes it was actually the pictures of Slade's that convinced me. Have a black A3 at the moment & fancied a change. Quite rare too. Haven't seen another one on the road yet. Just looking forward to geting it now. The final weeks seem the longest, especially when you know the car has been built & you're just waiting for the dealer to get on with the delivery & paperwork!

Banned

Status
    Does anyone know if any week 6 Build cars have landed in UK yet?

4th Gear

Status
    Yes it was actually the pictures of Slade's that convinced me. Have a black A3 at the moment & fancied a change. Quite rare too. Haven't seen another one on the road yet. Just looking forward to geting it now. The final weeks seem the longest, especially when you know the car has been built & you're just waiting for the dealer to get on with the delivery & paperwork!
    Why thank you very much. Although I've just seen a black BE and was stunning but could see the dust and dirt from a mile away which turns me off.
    Previous car was black and the only day it looked good was the day I picked it up after that never the same again.
    Current:
    A3 Black Edition 2.0 TDI 140

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    Does anyone know if any week 6 Build cars have landed in UK yet?
    Mine was built week 5 and is expected at dealer in next 2-3 days.

Banned

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by phildo View Post
    Thanks... wondering if 1 March was going to happen!

Neutral

Status
    Mine came off production line 08-02-11 and is expected to arrive at dealers last week Feb with delivery about 10 days after that. Due to it being ordered through lease company it does take a little longer at dealers.
    Sportback 2.0TDI (140) Black Edition - Ordered April 2010 / Delivered 7th March 2011 - Brilliant Black | BT Phone prep low | Cruise Control | Interior Light Pack | Lumbar | Sound Pack

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by LongWait4aBE View Post
    Mine came off production line 08-02-11 and is expected to arrive at dealers last week Feb with delivery about 10 days after that. Due to it being ordered through lease company it does take a little longer at dealers.
    Is it been delivered to Stoke Audi?
    A3 MY11 2.0TDI 170 Black Edition 2011:: Ibis White :: Technology Pack :: Comfort Pack :: Interior Light Pack :: Ext Mirrors electr/fold/heat/dim :: Audi Mud Flaps
    =============================
    Modifications - Brakes Calipers painted Black :: S-Line Grill badge ::

Reverse Gear

Status
    hi all new to this site , but i av a nice phantom black SE 1.6 with s line 18" rs4 alloys 04 plate will post pics once i suss out how too

Neutral

Status
    Just noticed your location... Our cars could be sharing a transporter this week as I'm also in Staffs! Mine is expected Tues/Weds and I take delivery on the 2nd.

Banned

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by macaudi View Post
    hi all new to this site , but i av a nice phantom black SE 1.6 with s line 18" rs4 alloys 04 plate will post pics once i suss out how too

Hello Mac.. Welcome.. Don't think your Audi is Phantom Black if its 2004! I believe the older colour was Ebony Black Metallic rather than the later PB Pearlescent...which I think came out for MY2006 production.

Banned

Status

Ours was same production week. Last Saturday (12th) Dealer reckoned they should have car in a week to ten days so 1 March may just be possible. We can't wait to get shot of the Loan car!!

Reverse Gear

Status
    I presume the majority of the UK cars come across at the same time? Although i'm 30miles south of Glasgow & arranging the car through a leasing company, its Leeds Audi where the car is coming from. When I phoned them last Monday they confirmed the car had been built & was awaiting shipment. They did not know when this would be though. Judging by your comments the car should be in at the end of the week. I'll continue to chase anyway. It seems i'm is the one that has to always chase. Audi tell you nothing!

Vorsprung Durch Technik
    Snake Champion

Status
    I must have picked a good dealer and salesman, I was always being updated even if he didn't have much to tell me

Follow me on Twitter

1st Gear

Status

FinishedWaitingForMyAudi :)
    Asteroids Champion, Shape Game Champion

Status
    Lucky, lucky you!
    I've had to deal with the most cretinous, lazy, unhelpful imbeceils I've ever had the misfortune to come across.
    I will never walk through the dealers door again once I've collected the car.
    In 23 years of car buying I have NEVER received such disgusting levels of (dis)service.
    Thirty four long weeks down...Now it's here !

Neutral

Status
    I presume the majority of the UK cars come across at the same time? Although i'm 30miles south of Glasgow & arranging the car through a leasing company, its Leeds Audi where the car is coming from. When I phoned them last Monday they confirmed the car had been built & was awaiting shipment. They did not know when this would be though. Judging by your comments the car should be in at the end of the week. I'll continue to chase anyway. It seems i'm is the one that has to always chase. Audi tell you nothing!
    Hi Herald 1 - Is your's ordered through Provecta by any chance ?? My BE is through Provecta and Leeds Audi (Sytner) are the dealers they are using for my order. If you PM me I'll give you the contact who deals with Provecta orders at Leeds Audi.
    Sportback 2.0TDI (140) Black Edition - Ordered April 2010 / Delivered 7th March 2011 - Brilliant Black | BT Phone prep low | Cruise Control | Interior Light Pack | Lumbar | Sound Pack

Neutral

Status
    Just noticed your location... Our cars could be sharing a transporter this week as I'm also in Staffs! Mine is expected Tues/Weds and I take delivery on the 2nd.
    Hi phildo - Mine was ordered through Leeds Audi. No news yet on actual delivery date - estimated mid March.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by loftylad View Post
    Lucky, lucky you!
    I've had to deal with the most cretinous, lazy, unhelpful imbeceils I've ever had the misfortune to come across.
    In 23 years of car buying I have NEVER received such disgusting levels of (dis)service.

I will have too totally agree with regarding the customer service, my stealer (Maidstone) are useless.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by loftylad View Post
    Lucky, lucky you!

I will have too totally agree with regarding the customer service, my stealer (Maidstone) are useless.

Neutral

Status
    Hi phildo - Mine was ordered through Leeds Audi. No news yet on actual delivery date - estimated mid March.
    Oh, I'm dealing with Stafford Audi. I was initially a bit worried about the long waits for a BE but it's gonna be about 3 months from when I ordered and they've been really helpful sorting a few things out (like changing the colour etc)

Neutral

Status
    THE WAIT IS NEARLY OVER.....Delivery of my new BE will be on Monday 7th March

1st Gear

Status
    THE WAIT IS NEARLY OVER.....Delivery of my new BE will be on Monday 7th March
    Great news, I know have you feel. Its going be a long 2 weeks!
    A3 MY11 2.0TDI 170 Black Edition 2011:: Ibis White :: Technology Pack :: Comfort Pack :: Interior Light Pack :: Ext Mirrors electr/fold/heat/dim :: Audi Mud Flaps
    =============================
    Modifications - Brakes Calipers painted Black :: S-Line Grill badge ::

Banned

Status
    Ours was same production week. Last Saturday (12th) Dealer reckoned they should have car in a week to ten days so 1 March may just be possible. We can't wait to get shot of the Loan car!!
    Still awaiting Ship!!! WTF??

Neutral

Status
    Still awaiting Ship!!! WTF??

Got a confirmed build date of week commencing 28th Feb... Anyone care to guess when i'll see it...

Banned

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt99 View Post
    Got a confirmed build date of week commencing 28th Feb... Anyone care to guess when i'll see it...

Mid April if ours is anything to go by. I assume you mean Build week 10 (4 behind ours) . Ours is still waiting shipment.

FinishedWaitingForMyAudi :)
    Asteroids Champion, Shape Game Champion

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt99 View Post

I'll have 50p on "Sometime in May"
    Thirty four long weeks down...Now it's here !

Reverse Gear

Status
    Mine was built week 6 & according to Leeds Audi is in transit. Asked today when I was likely to get it & you'd of thought I was asking them to fly me to the moon. Was told when it arrives it has to be transported, then held, then delivered to the garage, then processed, then transported to me. All in all I would have thought a week, but for some reason they seem to be stringing it out. No matter I'll just keep phoning till they're fed up with me & I get the car!
    On Order (Oct 2010) - A3 BE 170bhp S-Tronic : Ice Silver : Full Leather : Comfort Pack : Interior Light Pack

Banned

Status
    An ESS Ship docked in Grimsby at 6pm tonight 21 Feb having left Emden recently.

It had circa 850 cars on board. Hopefully our Audis... although dealer today knew nothing.

Anyone know???

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hello All, been keeping half an eye on this thread for a while now. My A3 Sportback Black Edition is due for delivery tomorrow... only 9 months in the making!

I hope it is worthwhile, been driving a 140PS TDI S-Tronic loan car for the last 4 months, will be interesting to compare with what I've ordered, which is the 170PS model with S-Tronic. The thing I am most looking forward to is no stop-start, which just doesn't work with the S-Tronic box in my opinion.

Apparently my car landed at the dealer on 11/02/11... so maybe shipments are quite frequent? If a shipment came in today, I guess it makes sense that it might take the best part of a week to get vehicles distributed around the country... who knows?

I have only ever bought one other new car, which was from stock. I thought the process of ordering a new car to my own specification would be a pleasant one, but I have been disappointed. My experience was that some dealers (not Audi) were reluctant to even talk to you about ordering a new car back in April / May when I was looking. In the end, I ordered the A3 blind without even a test drive (brave or stupid or brave and stupid?) because at the time Audi were one of the only dealers quoting sensible lead times!

Anyway, I'll perhaps post an update when the car arrives tomorrow.

2nd Gear

Status
    Hi dotcom your model will still have the stop/start??

Reverse Gear

Status
    Just been given an estimated delivery date of the 18th March. Hopefully it will be sooner!
    On Order (Oct 2010) - A3 BE 170bhp S-Tronic : Ice Silver : Full Leather : Comfort Pack : Interior Light Pack

Reverse Gear

Status
    You're right jbs... I swear it was one of the crucial differences between the 140 and 170 models when I placed the order... I'm either going mad, or I completely miss-read the spec. Anyway, the car turned up this morning. Looks quite menacing... looking forward to taking it for a drive.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dotcomslashnet View Post
    You're right jbs... I swear it was one of the crucial differences between the 140 and 170 models when I placed the order... I'm either going mad, or I completely miss-read the spec. Anyway, the car turned up this morning. Looks quite menacing... looking forward to taking it for a drive.
    Glad yours has arrived (Post some pics) ..mine should be here next month and like you i have a SB BE 170 s-tronic on order.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi,
    My A3 BE 170bhp sportback arrived last week very happy with it, one thing I'm especially happy about is that it come with Bluetooth hands free built in I don't remember reading that in the standard spec..
    Works a treat with my iphone dont have a car charger etc but I dont mind.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Janska View Post
    Hi,
    My A3 BE 170bhp sportback arrived last week very happy with it, one thing I'm especially happy about is that it come with Bluetooth hands free built in I don't remember reading that in the standard spec..
    Works a treat with my iphone don’t have a car charger etc but I don’t mind.
    Hi Janska

Glad you have got yours (post pics) and that you have confirmed the bluetooth situation, i ordered mine minus the bluetooth and the loaner that Audi have given me has got it and it is amazing with the iphone so was disappointed until i read that they made it standard, can you confirm whether the bluetooth is voice activated using the scroll wheel on the right hand side of the steering wheel as the loaner is voice activated.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jbs2472 View Post
    Hi Janska

Glad you have got yours (post pics) and that you have confirmed the bluetooth situation, i ordered mine minus the bluetooth and the loaner that Audi have given me has got it and it is amazing with the iphone so was disappointed until i read that they made it standard, can you confirm whether the bluetooth is voice activated using the scroll wheel on the right hand side of the steering wheel as the loaner is voice activated.
    Yes its voice activated via the steering wheel

2nd Gear

Status
    Thanks for confirming.