Black Edition

I order my BE back in May 2010...A work mate walks into an Audi stealers yesterday and picks up a brand new A3 SB BE 2.0 TDi (170) Ibis White - Open sky roof - full leather - ++++ and with good discount :(

That is basically what I have on order which is due next month. That has got to be a cancelled order as we have all had 5+ months wait for ours.

Just been given a build date for my BE yesterday of week 11, anyone know what is the build time for these bad boys at the moment!?

Sorry mate, don't know about the build time, but when did you order and have you got a confirmed date or is it provisional?

Just been given a build date for my BE yesterday of week 11, anyone know what is the build time for these bad boys at the moment!?
I think they turn the cars around in a day? Anyway, if you go from the Friday of your build date it should be at the dealers 3 weeks from then

I'm not entirely sure to be honest! Its a company car and i put my order in with my company back in September, not sure how quickly they actually placed the order. The build date was confirmed by Audi, and from what i've heard they're pretty accurate? I've heard rumours of about a month to build?

Last edited:
I think they turn the cars around in a day? Anyway, if you go from the Friday of your build date it should be at the dealers 3 weeks from then

Ah ok thanks, well that corresponds with what i've heard! Better start ticking the days off the calendar, cant wait.

From the built date to when you expect to pick up the car is about a month yeah

Ours is Build week 6 This week commencing 7 Feb... Dealer reckons we stand a chance of a 1 March delivery! I will believe it if/when it happens. Anyone know where the current BE Quattros are being built? Germany or Belgium..

Just had email saying Build Complete - Awaiting Ship/Transit - Estimated delivery date mid April 2011. How long does it take to get from factory to Stealers ??

Mine is due to be built next week (build week 7) so i suppose i am looking at mid March for delivery!

On order - A3 SB Black Edition 2.0TDI (170) S-Tronic - Ibis White | Open Sky Panoramic Sunroof | Full Vienna Leather | Interior Light Pack | Light & Rain Sensor Pack | Power Folding Mirrors | Deletion of Engine designation at rear | Non Smokers Pack | Ordered August 5th 2010 -Delivery Mid March 2011

At Stoke Audi now just had 4 Brand new A3 BE sportback's 2 in black & 2 in white. Don't if they are customer orders or just for sale.

At Stoke Audi now just had 4 Brand new A3 BE sportback's 2 in black & 2 in white. Don't if they are customer orders or just for sale.

customers order i hope with the length they are making us wait for 'em, they're like rocking horse sh*t!

Finally got round to putting a S-Line grill badge on today. Only a small mod, but i think the front looks lot better with it.

IMG_0235.jpg

I'll take one for you tomorrow, because dark outside now.

Mine is also destined for build week 11. Ordered Xmas eve. Happy so far!

Eeekkk,im so glad i bought my BE now before this pile of ***** came out........what in the world are they thinking!!
audi-a3-2011-001-480x320.jpg
:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

I think it looks a little like the Mitsubishi Lancer..yuk yuk yuk

I am also glad i ordered my BE

Saw that picture ages ago and very doubt it will look like that as it's just too "extreme" a styling change and frankly hideous.

I'm more inclined to believe the picture on this page:

2012 Audi A3 Prototype Spy Shots | Spy Photos | Reviews | Prices | Australian specifications

Looks far more plausible to me as it's basically an upsized A1 kind of shape.

Yes, this does look a lot better, hope it is more like that as I assume they will keep the next model for a good few years and I would like another A3 next time.

How is that fixed and is it easy to do??

Fixing the badge is straight forward, the hardest part is fixing the 2 clips which go behind the grill as you got to be careful not to drop the clips and lose them behind the grill.

I got mine from Stoke Audi and here are the part numbers:

S-Line grill badge: 4F0-853-736-B-2ZZ (£17)

Clamp Clips: 8L0 807 180 (2xclips £1.97)

Last edited:
Fixing the badge is straight forward, the hardest part is fixing the 2 clips which go behind the grill as you got to be careful not to drop the clips and lose them behind the grill.

Thanks for the info Diamond..much appreciated.

Ha Ha i love that pic, with the mirrors back look like a rabbit on a motorbike!

Hi Diamond

I thought they stopped car cruisin' there....or were you shopping in Morrisons ?

No. I just recognised the background. :p
We'll have to meet up when I get mine (after detailing of course !!!)

Yeah, you will have to let me know.

Any more news about your car yet?
You seem to be one of the longest waiting person for a BE.

Yeah, you will have to let me know.

Any more news about your car yet?
You seem to be one of the longest waiting person for a BE.

Been ringing around the dealers to try and find out which one it was ordered through, as Provecta will not give info.
I have just found out which dealers and spoken to them. It is built awaiting importing, should be with them early March. When I asked about courtesy car due to delayed delivery they said no problem, but no one has been in touch with them to request one !!

Been ringing around the dealers to try and find out which one it was ordered through, as Provecta will not give info.
I have just found out which dealers and spoken to them. It is built awaiting importing, should be with them early March. When I asked about courtesy car due to delayed delivery they said no problem, but no one has been in touch with them to request one !!

Some good news at least there its now built. Get back intouch with them and demand a courtesy car.

First time poster...long time reader of BE
I'm a big fan of the BE and will hopefully be ordering one in March/April as a company car replacement ( currently new shape mazda 6). From what I have read and witnessed there is a 6 month delay. Is there any idea on why? Two work friends also have ordered, one received in 5 months and another has been waiting7 months to find out today that he is going to be given a hire Audi A3 until his turns up, which he did not chase....it was out of the kind hearted Audi dealer supplying it.

My other questions are...has anyone ordered one in the new scuba blue, and can you get one in the S-line red.
What MPG are driver getting off the 2.0 TDI 140bhp on a run
Cheers
Mark M.

Last edited:
My other questions are...has anyone ordered one in the new scuba blue, and can you get one in the S-line red.
What MPG are driver getting off the 2.0 TDI 140bhp on a run
Cheers
Mark M.

Well the supply and demand mean that its a 6 month wait unless you get lucky with a canceled order.

If you want the scuba blue unless its an option you would have to pay the additional cost to up the colour spec. any colour is available if you do that.

MPG for my 140 tdi example i went from Burton on Trent to Brighton last week and got 63mpg doing 70-80mph.

Hope that helps.