Chris NottSky Insurance
Page 51 of 75 FirstFirst ... 4144454647484950515253545556575861 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,040 of 2973
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Black Edition

6th Gear

Status
    Get the Satnav!

In some ways it's actually more antiquated than something like a Tomtom, lacking things like full postcode search, but once you get over that it's just soooo much better. The big screen, detailed graphics, in-dash supplementary directions, live traffic rerouting, voice directions that turn down the music so they can be heard etc etc. It's also just "there" whenever you need it without having to worry about sticking a phone/tomtom holder to the screen somewhere.

Forget the CD nav, it doesn't come with the screen and is very basic in nature.

The display is also very nice to have for the other functions such as radio/mp3/ipod and, not least of all the phone. I'd seriously recommend getting the phone prep - I nearly didn't bother on my current car and I'm so glad I did now - I do most of my calling in the car as it's just so convenient and the integration is superb with full call/answer control from the steering wheel.

As for the other options - the luggage pack is worth it in my opinion, as the cargo net is handy for securing stuff and I've found the power socket handy for leaving things on charge out of sight in the boot (it stays powered when the ignition is off).

I'd also recommend the non-smoking pack as it deletes the ashtray completely and makes the centre console storage area much larger and far more useful.

HTH
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Hi Paul

We have pretty much ordered the same spec as you SB BE 170tdi S Tronic with Open Sky but opted for the full leather, folding mirrors, int light pack, light & rain sensor pack, non smokers pack and engine deletion.

We were in the same boat as you over the sat nav, but opted against it as we never had a need for one and it will be purely for show and couldn't justify paying an extra 1500 for something we will rarely use. All I can say is if you use a sat nav then get it as it is the nuts and makes the interior look even nicer but only if you cam justify the additional cost.

When did you order yours? Ordered mine Aug 5th and expected build date week 13 (early April) - hopefully getting a courtesy car from Audi in January.

Sorry if anything didn't make sense as typing on my iPhone and can't really see what I am typing.

2nd Gear

Status
    Just had an email from Audi confirming that a courtesy has been authorised from January, and that the build date on our car had been bought forward to week 7.

On order A3 SB BE 170tdi S Tronic, Ibis White, Open Sky, Full Vienna leather, folding mirrors, interior light pack, light & rain sensor pack, non smokers pack and engine deletion.

2nd Gear

Status
    Just had an email from Audi confirming that a courtesy has been authorised from January, and that the build date on our car had been bought forward to week 7.

On order A3 SB BE 170tdi S Tronic, Ibis White, Open Sky, Full Vienna leather, folding mirrors, interior light pack, light & rain sensor pack, non smokers pack and engine deletion.

Neutral

Status
    My Ibis SB BE arrived at 09:56 this morning, father and babay doing well.

Took her out for a test drive, absolutely loved it, and compared to the new A4 I also have (courtesy car) I think the A3 actually has a more sporty enjoyable drive.

With regards to options, I am already disappointed by the folding mirrors - you have to move turn switch around 180 degress to activate them, and they only work when the engine is running. In other cars they have used a button and could be activated with the ignition set to I.

I do like the storage pack though, especially the net you get under the parcel shelf and under seat storage, plus I ordered the reversing boot mat and this is much bigger and more useful than I imagined.

I'm going to go out for a play in a bit and over the weekend I'll post some pics.
    On the driveway:
    Audi A3 Sportback 2.0TDi (140) Black Edition (Ibis White)
    Bluetooth/ Folding Mirrors / Storage Pack/ Rear Parking Sensors / Reversing Boot Mat / Deleted Engine Capacity / USB Connection

Delivered on 5th November 2010

6th Gear

Status
    The mirrors should also work just after you've turned the engine off, in much the same way the windows do. Think opening a door cancels this just as with the windows.

The boot mat is indeed a godsend for trips to the tip
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

1st Gear

Status
    Enjoy Stratts !
    2011 A3 SPORTBACK 2.0 TDI 140 , LAVA GREY , COMFORT PACK , INTERIOR LIGHT PACK , HIGH BEAM ASSIST , BLACK HEADLINING , TYRE PRESSURE MONITOR , PRIVACY GLASS , ALUMINIUM ROOF RAILS , REVERSIBLE BOOT LINING & FOLDING MIRRORS .

Vorsprung Durch Technik
    Snake Champion

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibis Edition View Post
    You'll regret it, I assure you! I'll post some pictures up tomorrow when I can get out there in the light!
    Right then, like I said i'll post some pictures up of the Sat Nav. They're not the best pictures but you should be able see how good it looks, especially against the piano inlays:

MY11 Audi A3 Black Edition | Ibis White

Technology Pack | Interior Light Pack | Heated Front Seats | Tyre Pressure Monitor | Folding Mirrors | Deletion of Model & Engine Capacity

Follow me on Twitter

Web Developer

Status
    Awesome Get some pics up! Does the net attached to the centre console look cheap though? Is it removable? Don't want my car to look like a play house with toy storage lol. Might do the storage pack, reversible boot mat and still really unsure about the satnav. Was confirmed today by my dealer that bluetooth now comes as standard on the car. So I assume that it will interface with the satnav nicely if I got that. Might have to take a trip down to my local dealership to see what it's like. I wonder if they could let me test it out on a test drive! Will have to ask, got long enough to wait before I get it!

jbs, how comes your getting a courtesy car from Audi?
    Paul

2011 Audi A3 Sportback Black Edition - 2.0 TDI 170 S-Tronic - Ibis White, Panoramic Glass Roof, Black Roof Rails, Comfort Pack, Leather/Alcantara Interior with Silver Stitching, Interior Light Pack

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo1 View Post
    The mirrors should also work just after you've turned the engine off, in much the same way the windows do. Think opening a door cancels this just as with the windows.

The boot mat is indeed a godsend for trips to the tip
    You're right about the mirrors, I just couldn't work them out properly. What has REALLY pissed me off is that I paid 200 for USB and it doesn't even display track details. Really poor
    On the driveway:
    Audi A3 Sportback 2.0TDi (140) Black Edition (Ibis White)
    Bluetooth/ Folding Mirrors / Storage Pack/ Rear Parking Sensors / Reversing Boot Mat / Deleted Engine Capacity / USB Connection

Delivered on 5th November 2010

Vorsprung Durch Technik
    Snake Champion

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratts View Post
    You're right about the mirrors, I just couldn't work them out properly. What has REALLY pissed me off is that I paid 200 for USB and it doesn't even display track details. Really poor
    Would have been better off going for the Technology Pack with AMI, mine is superb!

MY11 Audi A3 Black Edition | Ibis White

Technology Pack | Interior Light Pack | Heated Front Seats | Tyre Pressure Monitor | Folding Mirrors | Deletion of Model & Engine Capacity

Follow me on Twitter

6th Gear

Status
    My new car is coming in a few weeks and has the AMI on it - going to have to finally buy an iPod!

2nd Gear

Status
    I am getting a courtesy car because the original expected delivery date was Oct then put back to January then to March, if you look at the back if the Audi brochure they have the Audi promise about keeping you on the road, so threw that at them and now Audi UK have authorised a courtesy car.

Web Developer

Status
    Cheers Ibis, that does look really sweet. If you get time to do a little video review that would be awesome too might have to pop down to my dealership tomorrow and have a play with one. Did your car come with bluetooth prep? Also you got the iPod connector then I guess... How is it with the iPhone? If it's in the glovebox that sucks really want it but dont want to leave my phone in the glovebox. Mind you with bluetooth and music through the stereo, don't suppose I need to see it

Jbs, thats awesome, just saw that. Going to get my dealership to do the same thing if they mess me around! :D
    Paul

2011 Audi A3 Sportback Black Edition - 2.0 TDI 170 S-Tronic - Ibis White, Panoramic Glass Roof, Black Roof Rails, Comfort Pack, Leather/Alcantara Interior with Silver Stitching, Interior Light Pack

2nd Gear

Status
    No worries Paul and good luck.

Just out of curiosity what made you go for the roof rails with the open sky? Never seen an open sky with roof rails before!

I am really struggling now after reading about the sat nav as I really want it now, but as previously stated that I have no need for a sat nav and would be paying 1500 for something just to look good as opposed to being useful.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jbs2472 View Post

Just out of curiosity what made you go for the roof rails with the open sky? Never seen an open sky with roof rails before!

I am really struggling now after reading about the sat nav as I really want it now, but as previously stated that I have no need for a sat nav and would be paying 1500 for something just to look good as opposed to being useful.

What i will say is and forgive me if its been mentioned previously but if your using an ipod connection you cannot see what your listening too on the standard stereo, if you have the nav head you can see artist and album. in my world thats worth the extra money the time i sit in the car. its my only regret and to retro fit is not cheap......

2nd Gear

Status
    Right here goes! you lot twisted my arm and just phoned Audi to add the Sat Nav, they have just told me that if I add it, my car will be delayed until July because adding this would give a substantial delay (and I thought that they would want my money) and the courtesy car that I am getting would have to go back in March when due to pick up the car, so would not be mobile from March to July.

So there we go no sat nav for me then.
    Last edited by jbs2472; 6th November 2010 at 11:16.

YNWA WOY,ALEAST FOR NOW!!!

Status
    enjoy

Just Looking

Status
    I gotta say mate I think you've been mis advised. If your car is due in March next year then I'm pretty sure it's well within the timescale to alter the build. Sounds to me like they gave you the projected date for ordering another completely new car from today and not amending the built requirement of your car.

Some dealers amend builds as a matter of course. They'll place orders for cars based on popular options and then if they sell a car that someone wants which is similar they will adjust the spec accordingly but still retain the build slot.
    Stu.

A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, Quartz Grey, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara with Silver Stitching & Heating, Nav High, B & O, AMI, DAB, Parking Advanced & Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated Electric Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

Previous MY11 S3 Sportback Black Edition, S-Tronic, Ibis White.

Just Looking

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by CLARKE09 View Post
    Hi Ashley

There have been some other posts on this a while back (I think it was Stu who noticed this as well) and someone mentioned the angle are slightly different, It doesn't bother me really, just a bit odd.

One thing that DOES annoy me is the telephone ring volume!! I can't see how you can turn the volume down BEFORE the phone rings. I was driving home last night and was in my own little world when my wife rang and it was so loud (the ring volume not my wife ) it scared the s**t out of me lol. I can only turn the volume down once it starts ringing. Anyone else notice or know how to solve this? I can't see any settings for it.
    Nick

I have had mine in to the dealers about the mirrors and it would appear it is normal.

I also asked them to reduce the base volume of the phone as it was too loud during a call.
    Stu.

A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, Quartz Grey, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara with Silver Stitching & Heating, Nav High, B & O, AMI, DAB, Parking Advanced & Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated Electric Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

Previous MY11 S3 Sportback Black Edition, S-Tronic, Ibis White.

1st Gear

Status

We've had 2 already and the third is on it's way in March. If you have roof bars fitted (We have Thule) you can't open the roof!

2nd Gear

Status
    Ok after a long wait i have booked the car in for the lowering kit to be fitted this saturday, a little scared that 50mm will be too much but what the hell eh..

Neutral

Status
    Mazda gone back, now in Golf 1.4 TSi [122bhp) - Which isn't that bad. Only 5 months to go....
    Sportback 2.0TDI (140) Black Edition - Ordered April 2010 / Delivered 7th March 2011 - Brilliant Black | BT Phone prep low | Cruise Control | Interior Light Pack | Lumbar | Sound Pack

Nick

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by VRStu View Post
    Nick

I have had mine in to the dealers about the mirrors and it would appear it is normal.

I also asked them to reduce the base volume of the phone as it was too loud during a call.
    Hi Stu, sorry been away for a few days (brothers wedding) and just seen your post. Thanks for the info. and it is still a bit weird but I suppose there is nothing we can do about it!
    With the phone volume I did notice that if I turned the in call volume down the next time someone phoned it was a lot quieter. It does mean if I turn it up during a call I have to remember to turn it down again before I cancel the call but I think I have the volume about right now. I might get the delaer to reduce the base volume next time I am in, hopefully that wont be until first service! Cheers.
    Now - On the hunt for a new Audi!
    Gone - A5 Sportback S-line 3.0TDi quattro s-tronic
    Sadly gone - Ibis White S3 Sportback Black Edition
    Previous:
    '57 - Astra Sri Sport Hatch
    '95 - Celica GT4
    '54 - Astra Coupe Turbo
    '51 - Astra Sxi

Nick

Status
    My new car is coming in a few weeks and has the AMI on it - going to have to finally buy an iPod!
    Hi Mate,
    If you don't want to spend loads on an Ipod you don't necessarily need one. When I picked my car up the guy at the dealers also gave me a USB lead to plug into the glovebox. I was contemplating getting an Ipod but the one I wanted was over 200! In the end I got the same storage size MP3 player from Argos for 100, it is really neat and does the job perfectly. You can even plug USB memory sticks in, which are much cheaper!
    Previous:
    '95 - Celica GT4
    '54 - Astra Coupe Turbo
    '51 - Astra Sxi

Nick

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Richy_C View Post
    Ok after a long wait i have booked the car in for the lowering kit to be fitted this saturday, a little scared that 50mm will be too much but what the hell eh..
    Yeah do it, 50mm should be fine mate, it will look awesome. Let me know when you are free and will pop over and have a look when it is done.
    Previous:
    '95 - Celica GT4
    '54 - Astra Coupe Turbo
    '51 - Astra Sxi

Nick

Status
    Right here goes! you lot twisted my arm and just phoned Audi to add the Sat Nav, they have just told me that if I add it, my car will be delayed until July because adding this would give a substantial delay (and I thought that they would want my money) and the courtesy car that I am getting would have to go back in March when due to pick up the car, so would not be mobile from March to July.

So there we go no sat nav for me then.
    I think Stu is right mate but if they still say the same then try Hazzy Dayz Home - Vw & Audi Sat Nav, Bluetooth , TV Tuners, Cruise Control Installations UK A guy called Gareth there is really helpful. They can supply & fit the RNS-E for you. Probably cost about the same as adding the option with Audi but at least it won't delay anything.
    Previous:
    '95 - Celica GT4
    '54 - Astra Coupe Turbo
    '51 - Astra Sxi

1st Gear

Status
    Looks like a great aftermarket supplier but do beware come re-sale time you may have to get it taken out as it will not show as OEM Audi Factory fitted and will probably affect PX values. Most folks probably will not bother but worth asking a hypothetical question.

Neutral

Status
    I installed an RNS-E (2008) in mine and enabled SDS, kept the Aux Input, iPod input all for less than 500. It's a bit of work but relatively straight forward. You have to move some pins but all the info is out there if you take the time to research it. The iPod tracks don't show on mine but I tend to use the SD cards anyway which do show track info. I use the SDS far more (it makes the Nav in my opinion) as it let's you programme destination without taking your eyes off the road. I still use the iPod if I want to listen to something not on the SD cards but select the album before I set off or whilst waiting at traffic lights.

You can't hack the SDS on the new units afaik so the added expense of getting the iPod info to display on the screen (a distraction imo) versus being able to control everything by voice (whilst looking where I'm going) didn't add up.

My advice would be to stick with your order, buy a second hand unit off ebay or where ever, fit it yourself with the help of the forums, enable SDS and spend the remainig 1,100 on SD cards and a holiday.

Web Developer

Status
    Have you got any links to a fitting guide for the MY11 RNS-E? Would be interesting in fitting one myself to be honest when i pick up my car, the 1500 is far too much!
    Paul

Nick

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kaedo View Post
    I installed an RNS-E (2008) in mine and enabled SDS, kept the Aux Input, iPod input all for less than 500. It's a bit of work but relatively straight forward. You have to move some pins but all the info is out there if you take the time to research it. The iPod tracks don't show on mine but I tend to use the SD cards anyway which do show track info. I use the SDS far more (it makes the Nav in my opinion) as it let's you programme destination without taking your eyes off the road. I still use the iPod if I want to listen to something not on the SD cards but select the album before I set off or whilst waiting at traffic lights.

You can't hack the SDS on the new units afaik so the added expense of getting the iPod info to display on the screen (a distraction imo) versus being able to control everything by voice (whilst looking where I'm going) didn't add up.

My advice would be to stick with your order, buy a second hand unit off ebay or where ever, fit it yourself with the help of the forums, enable SDS and spend the remainig 1,100 on SD cards and a holiday.
    Hiya, I am not entirely certain but I think you can hack the SDS on the new models. I got Hazzy Dayz to do mine and the car is a MY11 model, but couldn't tell you what version the RNS-E is!

Cheers,
    Nick
    Previous:
    '95 - Celica GT4
    '54 - Astra Coupe Turbo
    '51 - Astra Sxi

Nick

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by fforeggub View Post
    Looks like a great aftermarket supplier but do beware come re-sale time you may have to get it taken out as it will not show as OEM Audi Factory fitted and will probably affect PX values. Most folks probably will not bother but worth asking a hypothetical question.
    Yeah they are pretty good mate, but I can see what you are saying. Although if I went down that route I would probably keep the OEM unit just in case.
    Previous:
    '95 - Celica GT4
    '54 - Astra Coupe Turbo
    '51 - Astra Sxi

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by absolutehype View Post
    Have you got any links to a fitting guide for the MY11 RNS-E? Would be interesting in fitting one myself to be honest when i pick up my car, the 1500 is far too much!
    It's 1495 for the whole Technology Pack not just Sat Nav - 10% Discount so 1350 and I reckon you will get at least 750 back in Residual value at the end of 3 years. A 5-600 Bargain I reckon and no faffing around either!

Nick

Status
    It's 1495 for the whole Technology Pack not just Sat Nav - 10% Discount so 1350 and I reckon you will get at least 750 back in Residual value at the end of 3 years. A 5-600 Bargain I reckon and no faffing around either!
    Agreed, even though my car is leased I don't mind about residuals but the Tech pack is a bargain as you do get Bluetooth and AMI as well. Although I think you need the FBMFSW as well.
    Previous:
    '95 - Celica GT4
    '54 - Astra Coupe Turbo
    '51 - Astra Sxi

6th Gear

Status
    Hi Mate,
    If you don't want to spend loads on an Ipod you don't necessarily need one. When I picked my car up the guy at the dealers also gave me a USB lead to plug into the glovebox. I was contemplating getting an Ipod but the one I wanted was over 200! In the end I got the same storage size MP3 player from Argos for 100, it is really neat and does the job perfectly. You can even plug USB memory sticks in, which are much cheaper!
    Don't think that solution shows you track names/info on the display though, does it?

TBH I'm used to using a couple of 4GB SD cards in my current RNS-E which works well. In the new one I'll be able to use SDHC cards and thus have a lot of storage so I think I'll try the AMI with one of my GF's iPods to see how the functionality differs from SD cards and make a decision there. If I don't use the AMI then it's no great problem as it's a company car so I didn't pay for it anyway

Neutral

Status
    We've had 2 already and the third is on it's way in March. If you have roof bars fitted (We have Thule) you can't open the roof!
    Im not sure that is strictly true... ive got one on order with Open Sky and Roof rails... surely they wouldnt let you order it if it doesnt allow the roof to open............. as far as im aware the roof rails dont interfere with the open sky roof.....

Nick

Status
    Don't think that solution shows you track names/info on the display though, does it?

TBH I'm used to using a couple of 4GB SD cards in my current RNS-E which works well. In the new one I'll be able to use SDHC cards and thus have a lot of storage so I think I'll try the AMI with one of my GF's iPods to see how the functionality differs from SD cards and make a decision there. If I don't use the AMI then it's no great problem as it's a company car so I didn't pay for it anyway
    Yes it does show track info etc on the screen and then just track name on dash display. I would take a pic but car has just gone into the dealer as I have a problem, arrrgh! I had some issues with SDHC cards, I think you need to make sure you go class 4 or higher otherwise they don't work.
    Previous:
    '95 - Celica GT4
    '54 - Astra Coupe Turbo
    '51 - Astra Sxi

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt99 View Post
    Im not sure that is strictly true... ive got one on order with Open Sky and Roof rails... surely they wouldnt let you order it if it doesnt allow the roof to open............. as far as im aware the roof rails dont interfere with the open sky roof.....
    Matt It is true! 1. Roof rails N-S are a permanent 200 fixture, bars are attached W-E to the rails!

The roof rails fitted are no problem it is when you put the Thule bars on to the rails that you cannot open the roof!! We should know as we are on our second (05 and 08) with third on it's way!
    Last edited by fforeggub; 12th November 2010 at 16:16.

1st Gear

Status
    Agreed, even though my car is leased I don't mind about residuals but the Tech pack is a bargain as you do get Bluetooth and AMI as well. Although I think you need the FBMFSW as well.
    The BE comes with the FBMFSW doesn't it??? BT is now standard on BE but price of Tech Pack has remained the same!!

Nick

Status
    The BE comes with the FBMFSW doesn't it??? BT is now standard on BE but price of Tech Pack has remained the same!!
    It may well be mate. Thats a bit cheeky keeping the price the same but isn't the Tech pack still cheaper than DVD Nav? If I remember right when I ordered back in May the Tech pack was about 1500 and DVD Nav over 1600?
    Previous:
    '95 - Celica GT4
    '54 - Astra Coupe Turbo
    '51 - Astra Sxi