Badger5JMB Retrofits
Page 5 of 75 FirstFirst 1234567891011121555 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 200 of 2973
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Black Edition

  1. #161
    flyjakey's Avatar
    Fly..Jake

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    leeds
    Posts
    30
    wow i totally love it !! its great was a bit worried about the S-line being harsh but no even on yorkshire road's its not ! Car gets loads of attention (the drl's do that) Glad i went for this and not the bmw 123D-M will post some photo's as soon as poss !!!!

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #162
    evapor8's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Guernsey, Channel Islands
    Posts
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by mhill View Post
    Got any plans for mods or any anything?
    One or two!

    Immediate concern is the stereo.

    Then maybe the S3 grill (although the standard black S-Line grill doesn't look too bad).

    Then some BBS CK's in that grey looking colour ... titanium or whatever.

    And a remap!

    And Audi bluetooth ...

    That'll be it for the mo!

    Chris
    Car: Phantom Black A3 2.0 TFSI S-Line BLACK EDITION, 3-door, manual

  4. #163
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Clacton-on-Sea Essex
    Posts
    317
    Quote Originally Posted by evapor8 View Post
    One or two!

    Immediate concern is the stereo.

    Then maybe the S3 grill (although the standard black S-Line grill doesn't look too bad).

    Then some BBS CK's in that grey looking colour ... titanium or whatever.

    And a remap!

    And Audi bluetooth ...

    That'll be it for the mo!

    Chris
    Is the stereo that bad then?

    I shall replace it with a RNS-E at some point and retro fit the Auto Lights, Dimming Mirror & Rain Sensors too

    Mine has bluetooth Apparently there is a real shortage of the bluetooth units available to retro fit so i was told.

    I cant wait now getting rather excited, though before i can drive it we have to detail it
    2009- Phantom Black A3 S Line Black Edt 2.0T
    2008 - 2009 Emocian red Seat Ibiza FR TDi running p-torque stage 1 (STOLEN)
    2005 - 2008 Black Magic 1.4 Seat Ibiza Sport (PX ed)

  5. #164
    evapor8's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Guernsey, Channel Islands
    Posts
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by mhill View Post
    Is the stereo that bad then?

    I shall replace it with a RNS-E at some point and retro fit the Auto Lights, Dimming Mirror & Rain Sensors too

    Mine has bluetooth Apparently there is a real shortage of the bluetooth units available to retro fit so i was told.

    I cant wait now getting rather excited, though before i can drive it we have to detail it
    All my music is on my iPod. I had an Alpine Ipod headunit in my 206 and I'm lost without it!

    No track names, no album names, really difficult to switch between them .... It'll be an Alpine or Kenwood double din head unit soon hopefully.

    The Auto Lights, Dimming Mirror & Rain Sensors could be on my shopping list!

    I've just spent 20 on my first mod ....
    Car: Phantom Black A3 2.0 TFSI S-Line BLACK EDITION, 3-door, manual

  6. #165
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Clacton-on-Sea Essex
    Posts
    317
    go on..........
    2009- Phantom Black A3 S Line Black Edt 2.0T
    2008 - 2009 Emocian red Seat Ibiza FR TDi running p-torque stage 1 (STOLEN)
    2005 - 2008 Black Magic 1.4 Seat Ibiza Sport (PX ed)

  7. #166
    evapor8's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Guernsey, Channel Islands
    Posts
    463
    R8 oil cap
    Car: Phantom Black A3 2.0 TFSI S-Line BLACK EDITION, 3-door, manual

  8. #167
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Clacton-on-Sea Essex
    Posts
    317
    20 for a oil cap!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2009- Phantom Black A3 S Line Black Edt 2.0T
    2008 - 2009 Emocian red Seat Ibiza FR TDi running p-torque stage 1 (STOLEN)
    2005 - 2008 Black Magic 1.4 Seat Ibiza Sport (PX ed)

  9. #168
    NorthernSoul's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Granite City
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by evapor8 View Post
    All my music is on my iPod. I had an Alpine Ipod headunit in my 206 and I'm lost without it!

    No track names, no album names, really difficult to switch between them .... It'll be an Alpine or Kenwood double din head unit soon hopefully.

    The Auto Lights, Dimming Mirror & Rain Sensors could be on my shopping list!

    I've just spent 20 on my first mod ....
    Did you go for the ipod dock in the glovebox ?
    A3 2.0TFSI S-Line Sportback 'Black Edition' Phantom Black

  10. #169
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Clacton-on-Sea Essex
    Posts
    317
    I picked mine up to day and all i can say is WOW though there is a nasty blemish/rum mark on the rear quarter that needs fixing & the iPod dock is so cap words fail me.

    First mod /addition was a Road Angel which is defiantly needed
    Manny thanks to Olaf for his assistance & supervision too
    2009- Phantom Black A3 S Line Black Edt 2.0T
    2008 - 2009 Emocian red Seat Ibiza FR TDi running p-torque stage 1 (STOLEN)
    2005 - 2008 Black Magic 1.4 Seat Ibiza Sport (PX ed)

  11. #170
    evapor8's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Guernsey, Channel Islands
    Posts
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernSoul View Post
    Did you go for the ipod dock in the glovebox ?
    Yeh. It'll do for the moment, but the lack of information is frustrating. Sounds through the Bose is good though.

    There was a little packet of plastic bits on my glove box ... I'm wondering if they're meant to cradle the ipod in the glove box?

    Chris
    Car: Phantom Black A3 2.0 TFSI S-Line BLACK EDITION, 3-door, manual

  12. #171
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    118
    How much did the mirrors cost? I got my last A4 Avant S-line mirrors sprayed silver for 80. Keep to getting them sprayed? or upgrade?
    Thanks

  13. #172
    evapor8's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Guernsey, Channel Islands
    Posts
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by Hastie1776 View Post
    How much did the mirrors cost? I got my last A4 Avant S-line mirrors sprayed silver for 80. Keep to getting them sprayed? or upgrade?
    Thanks
    145.85 (plus VAT) per side.

    Chris
    Car: Phantom Black A3 2.0 TFSI S-Line BLACK EDITION, 3-door, manual

  14. #173
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    118
    Has anyone got the Black Sportback yet? I just would like to see a few more pics....
    Also who has tried the 1.8T yet?. I have the 1.8T A4 Avant and hope the engine is a little more fruity in the A3.. it says 0-60 in 7.8 which surely can't be bad!.


  15. #174
    NorthernSoul's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Granite City
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by Hastie1776 View Post
    Has anyone got the Black Sportback yet? I just would like to see a few more pics....
    Also who has tried the 1.8T yet?. I have the 1.8T A4 Avant and hope the engine is a little more fruity in the A3.. it says 0-60 in 7.8 which surely can't be bad!.
    Mine is due at the dealers towards the end of the week but won't get it until next week due to PDI and getting a (very) light tint on the front windows to blend with the privacy glass.

    Will post up some pics hopefully by middle of next week !
    A3 2.0TFSI S-Line Sportback 'Black Edition' Phantom Black

  16. #175
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    118
    Not long now then!
    What percentage tint are you putting on? I know what you mean about it needing a blend, the backs a little fierce to the fronts.


  17. #176
    NorthernSoul's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Granite City
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by Hastie1776 View Post
    Not long now then!
    What percentage tint are you putting on? I know what you mean about it needing a blend, the backs a little fierce to the fronts.
    Long enough...ordered in Jan so getting impatient.

    Not sure sure on the % of the tint, will ask my guy...he did my ST before and it was just perfect, not too dark to be chavvy but subtle enough to just give it a good all round look.
    A3 2.0TFSI S-Line Sportback 'Black Edition' Phantom Black

  18. #177
    absolutehype's Avatar
    Web Developer

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bexley, Kent
    Posts
    23






    Ok so I have a 57 Plate Fiesta ST. I saw this and I absolutely love it, I am seriously debating trading in for something a little more luxury and that doesn't encourage me to put my foot down all the time. Have been looking at the 2.0 TDI 140 Black Edition and test drove it on Monday. Have to say, i loved it! And the lights looked amazing. However it really does lack the excitement of my ST. Probably because it was a diesel and i suppose its just something I would have to get used too What are people recommendations in terms of engines... Petrol or Diesel? Fuel consumption doesn't bother me massively, but I will miss the free revving of a petrol, the only thing i would like is something a bit quieter on the motorways!

    Also what are people being quoted for the black edition? whats their best price??

    I have been quoted 23,410 for the basic black edition 140 2.0 TDI 3dr with i think met black + iPod connectivity.. Which doesn't work on my damn iphone! Arggg...

    Here are some pics i took on monday on my iPhone neways! Enjoy!!!

  19. #178
    NorthernSoul's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Granite City
    Posts
    115
    I have a loan A3 2.0 TDI while I wait for my car and have to say it's pretty good for motorway type driving but for me personally I prefer a petrol.

    I've gone for the 2.0TFSI as most of my driving is in the town and the chuggling diesel just does not do it for me so I'd say test drive one of the petrol models for comparison.

    It's never going to handle like your ST...I'm going to have get used to not throwing mine round corners...it's just not geared up for that.
    Last edited by NorthernSoul; 24th March 2009 at 22:17.
    A3 2.0TFSI S-Line Sportback 'Black Edition' Phantom Black

  20. #179
    NAW50W

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    34
    looking forward to seeing pictures of a sportback,saw a white one last week, glad i stuck with the black though!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I have went for a diesel 170, i find them good about the town, nice and torquey..

    Mine not here til early May though

  21. #180
    Tetbury Audi Parts Man

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by absolutehype View Post






    Ok so I have a 57 Plate Fiesta ST. I saw this and I absolutely love it, I am seriously debating trading in for something a little more luxury and that doesn't encourage me to put my foot down all the time. Have been looking at the 2.0 TDI 140 Black Edition and test drove it on Monday. Have to say, i loved it! And the lights looked amazing. However it really does lack the excitement of my ST. Probably because it was a diesel and i suppose its just something I would have to get used too What are people recommendations in terms of engines... Petrol or Diesel? Fuel consumption doesn't bother me massively, but I will miss the free revving of a petrol, the only thing i would like is something a bit quieter on the motorways!

    Also what are people being quoted for the black edition? whats their best price??

    I have been quoted 23,410 for the basic black edition 140 2.0 TDI 3dr with i think met black + iPod connectivity.. Which doesn't work on my damn iphone! Arggg...

    Here are some pics i took on monday on my iPhone neways! Enjoy!!!
    If the fuel consumption isn't an issue go for the petrol, I have the 2.0tdi 140 black edition and I really like it. The engine is very smooth, much different to the old 2.0 pd tdi. I find it relaxed in town and motorway.

    But going back to the petrol the 2.0tfsi is a cracking engine
    A3 2.0TDI S-LINE BRILLIANT BLACK (s-line suspension,Audi sound system) coming March (fingers crossed)!

  22. #181
    evapor8's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Guernsey, Channel Islands
    Posts
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchy2475 View Post
    But going back to the petrol the 2.0tfsi is a cracking engine
    It certainly is!

    Car: Phantom Black A3 2.0 TFSI S-Line BLACK EDITION, 3-door, manual

  23. #182
    NorthernSoul's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Granite City
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by NAW50W View Post
    looking forward to seeing pictures of a sportback,saw a white one last week, glad i stuck with the black though!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I have went for a diesel 170, i find them good about the town, nice and torquey..

    Mine not here til early May though
    Did you buy from Aberdeen Audi ?
    A3 2.0TFSI S-Line Sportback 'Black Edition' Phantom Black

  24. #183
    NAW50W

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    34
    Car is being supplied by Aberdeen Audi but leased through Arnold Clark as it's a company car.

    Have you seen your one yet?????

    Looking forward to seeing pictures of one in the flesh....

    Mines has a build week of week 17, getting itchy feet now, never waited this long for a car before....hopefuly be worth the wait though..

  25. #184
    NorthernSoul's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Granite City
    Posts
    115
    Mine is due in this week but not seen it yet... the wait is a killer although I remember waiting 6 months for my ST !
    A3 2.0TFSI S-Line Sportback 'Black Edition' Phantom Black

  26. #185
    NAW50W

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    34
    Who you dealing with, Sean has sorted mine out for me,been really helpful...

    Have you any plans for yours????

    As mine is a company car i can't do much,shortened no plates for my personal reg is about as far as i can go.............think i will be happy with it as standard, i have got the Ipod connector thing in the glove box and the quattro should make it a good drive.

    The new CR diesel engine is certainly smoother and quieter than the older pd diesel i have in my Golf.

    When you get it, make sure you get the photos straight up

  27. #186
    NorthernSoul's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Granite City
    Posts
    115
    Tony is my guy, decent lad...

    Had co cars for 10 years but never got anything as nice as an S-line Audi...more mid range Fords and VWs..

    Not really into the whole modding thing...like to look on other motors
    but too much like hard work for me..plus I'm hopeless at any DIY car
    stuff so normally have to pay thru the nose for it..

    Going for the light tint on the front. Maybe a Custom Code remap at some point and still toying with the idea of an S3 grill although gradually coming round to the facelift so will hold off for now..
    A3 2.0TFSI S-Line Sportback 'Black Edition' Phantom Black

  28. #187
    NAW50W

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    34
    yea, i'm lucky i work for a small company and got to choose what car i wanted within a budget, was originally going for an A4 til my wife spotted the black edition in the showroom.

    Same here with the modding, think the car looks great as it is, if i wanted it to look like a S3 i would have bought a S3.....

    Sure yours will look good with the front windows done.

    Hopefully they will stay rare up here, specially the sportbacks

    I spoke to the guys at Polished Bliss in Kintore about polishes for a dark car and they were very helpful

  29. #188
    NorthernSoul's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Granite City
    Posts
    115
    Collect my car Tues 1pm !

    Did you get any prices out of Polished Bliss ?
    A3 2.0TFSI S-Line Sportback 'Black Edition' Phantom Black

  30. #189
    NorthernSoul's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Granite City
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by Hastie1776 View Post
    Not long now then!
    What percentage tint are you putting on? I know what you mean about it needing a blend, the backs a little fierce to the fronts.
    Asked my tint guy, 55% tint on the front which technically is illegal but it is very subtle.
    A3 2.0TFSI S-Line Sportback 'Black Edition' Phantom Black

  31. #190
    NAW50W

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    34
    just got prices for cleaning stuff and polish from Polished Bliss, not prices for them to do it, their prices are very good

    No short plates now either, went into order them today and found out that short plates are Grampian Polices new project

    If you go on Youtube, the guy that had posted up photos before has put some new ones up

  32. #191
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Clacton-on-Sea Essex
    Posts
    317
    Could the people who have the black edt just confirm what the covering is on the arm rest please?
    2009- Phantom Black A3 S Line Black Edt 2.0T
    2008 - 2009 Emocian red Seat Ibiza FR TDi running p-torque stage 1 (STOLEN)
    2005 - 2008 Black Magic 1.4 Seat Ibiza Sport (PX ed)

  33. #192
    NorthernSoul's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Granite City
    Posts
    115
    Collection of my Black edition booked for 1pm tomorrow !!!

    I am so not sleeping tonight..
    A3 2.0TFSI S-Line Sportback 'Black Edition' Phantom Black

  34. #193
    NAW50W

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    34
    Lucky you, pictures up as quick as you can.

    Mine not even built yet, so still about 6 weeks to go

  35. #194
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Clacton-on-Sea Essex
    Posts
    317
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernSoul View Post
    Collection of my Black edition booked for 1pm tomorrow !!!

    I am so not sleeping tonight..
    What spec is yours?
    2009- Phantom Black A3 S Line Black Edt 2.0T
    2008 - 2009 Emocian red Seat Ibiza FR TDi running p-torque stage 1 (STOLEN)
    2005 - 2008 Black Magic 1.4 Seat Ibiza Sport (PX ed)

  36. #195
    NorthernSoul's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Granite City
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by mhill View Post
    What spec is yours?
    2.0TFSI Sportback Phantom Black, Ipod dock, light front tints and err mudflaps !
    A3 2.0TFSI S-Line Sportback 'Black Edition' Phantom Black

  37. #196
    Rear Ender

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernSoul View Post
    Collection of my Black edition booked for 1pm tomorrow !!!

    I am so not sleeping tonight..
    So then... any pics yet? Also did you manage to get the s-line grill badge? You said earlier on in the thread that you asked for 1..

    My build date is the 13th April, shocking, taking far too long. So yours was 3 weeks from the build date of the 9th March, mine should get here 1st week of May then..... Hopefully

  38. #197
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lincs
    Posts
    9

    Build date

    How long are your cars taking as mine was supposed to be delivered last weekend, but all they can tell me is that it is being shipped. Does anyone know how long this normally takes as i am sure that germany ins't far from Grimsby

  39. #198
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    East Scotland
    Posts
    107
    He's probably too busy out enjoying it to post pics! lol
    2009 09 A3 Sportback sport, Phantom Black, 18" genuine S3 alloys, Privacy glass, Cruise, Black Styling pack, ipod connection!

  40. #199
    evapor8's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Guernsey, Channel Islands
    Posts
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by mhill View Post
    Could the people who have the black edt just confirm what the covering is on the arm rest please?
    leather on mine.

    Chris
    Car: Phantom Black A3 2.0 TFSI S-Line BLACK EDITION, 3-door, manual

  41. #200
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Clacton-on-Sea Essex
    Posts
    317
    Quote Originally Posted by evapor8 View Post
    leather on mine.

    Chris
    thanks bud, turns out mine was miss built an had a cloth one, being replaced on Thursday though.
    2009- Phantom Black A3 S Line Black Edt 2.0T
    2008 - 2009 Emocian red Seat Ibiza FR TDi running p-torque stage 1 (STOLEN)
    2005 - 2008 Black Magic 1.4 Seat Ibiza Sport (PX ed)

 

 

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO