JMB RetrofitsMonster Motorsport
Page 33 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2326272829303132333435363738394043 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,320 of 2973
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Black Edition

  1. #1281
    Richy_C's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo1 View Post
    Has anyone here ordered or got the "Perforated Leather/Alcantara" seats? I'm curious as to which "way round" the leather and alcantara is (presume leather bolsters and alc centres?) and whether it's the leather or alcantara that's perforated (presume the former). Can anyone clarify?
    The bolsters are leather and the alcantara is perforated.


  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #1282
    Vertigo1's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,533
    Thanks - leather bolsters makes sense but perforated alcantara sounds really weird - gonna have to find a decent pic of this or even a car with it on to have a look.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

  4. #1283
    Richy_C's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo1 View Post
    Thanks - leather bolsters makes sense but perforated alcantara sounds really weird - gonna have to find a decent pic of this or even a car with it on to have a look.
    There tiny holes in the seat's thats it really. hardly that noticable.

  5. #1284
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Warfield/ Bournemouth
    Posts
    110
    Update from me: I will be receiving my Audi hire car on Monday. It is an A4 2.0TDI (143 BHP) Manual '10' plate in Black with Tech Pack and a couple of other options.

    No movement of production date or delivery date as of yet. My contact also mentioned continuing sourcing problems for the alloys - not sure if this is just an excuse or reality.

  6. #1285
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    179
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo555 View Post
    ust be on the same boat as mine then as mine was built last week and currently being shipped!!!
    Don't build your hopes up too much !!

    I was told mine had left the factory and would be here in a few days, then it sat at the docks on mainland Europe for 2 weeks waiting for a boat.

    As of today it's now in the country and will be at the dealers in a day or so, but they can't register it with DVLA due to their stupid, sodding IT system upgrade. They're not back on-line until a week on Monday - what a joke !!!

    Yaks
    2010 S3 Sportback, MY11, S-tronic, Sprint Blue - gone
    2010 A3 TDi 170 quattro, Black Edition, Phantom Black

  7. #1286
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    59
    I spoke to Audi customer service - their response concerning this system update was to laugh and say that it's already been done. When I asked if there were any productioon problems or delays, they said they couldn't comment. Basically told me to bugger off and pester the dealer.... but i'm kind of sick of doing that now. All i wan't is an approximate build date so I can arrange selling my car - the entire situation is rediculous! :-( 3 Months for a date is a joke!

  8. #1287
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20
    It sounds as if all these delays are due to some IT problem at the moment. I will be ordering in 3 months, will there still be 6 month wait then?

    I hope not as from now I will have to wait 9 months! But only 6 are audi's fault!

    Just quickly, are they about to release a new A3? If so, how long? If im waiting 9 months as it is, I could maybe stretch to the new one?

  9. #1288
    Flat6's Avatar
    Brilliant Black Black edition

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo1 View Post
    Thanks - leather bolsters makes sense but perforated alcantara sounds really weird - gonna have to find a decent pic of this or even a car with it on to have a look.
    I've got the alcantara seats on my BE and I'm really pleased with the choice. They grip your backside better than any other material and don't get hot and sticky like leather when the sun's been shining in (which has been quite a lot recently, for a change!) As mentioned elsewhere the perforations are quite small and have a silver reflective material behind which really goes well with the silver stitching on the seats and steering wheel.
    Let me know if you can't find a pic and I'll try and sort one out

  10. #1289
    Richy_C's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by arnienemo View Post
    It sounds as if all these delays are due to some IT problem at the moment. I will be ordering in 3 months, will there still be 6 month wait then?

    I hope not as from now I will have to wait 9 months! But only 6 are audi's fault!

    Just quickly, are they about to release a new A3? If so, how long? If im waiting 9 months as it is, I could maybe stretch to the new one?
    My understanding of the new shape is that its due in about 2 years time.

  11. #1290
    mojo555's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Posts
    281
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaks View Post
    Don't build your hopes up too much !!

    I was told mine had left the factory and would be here in a few days, then it sat at the docks on mainland Europe for 2 weeks waiting for a boat.

    As of today it's now in the country and will be at the dealers in a day or so, but they can't register it with DVLA due to their stupid, sodding IT system upgrade. They're not back on-line until a week on Monday - what a joke !!!

    Yaks

    Cheer me up why don't you!!!

    hoping to pick it up 2 weeks on Friday....
    Past cars.....

    52 Leon cupra r
    54 Mini cooper s works
    05 golf gti
    07 type r
    57 R32
    08 leon cupra k1
    Red S3 sportback now gone..
    11 A4 136 diesel black edition

    Current...

    S3 sportback Ibis white pan roof..
    nice to be back after diesel power

  12. #1291
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    179
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo555 View Post
    Cheer me up why don't you!!!
    Sorry about that mate, was just feeling a bit exasperated to know that my car will be sitting at the dealer for a week and a half and I can't get to drive it.

    Hope your's is on track
    2010 S3 Sportback, MY11, S-tronic, Sprint Blue - gone
    2010 A3 TDi 170 quattro, Black Edition, Phantom Black

  13. #1292
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chester
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo555 View Post
    Cheer me up why don't you!!!

    hoping to pick it up 2 weeks on Friday....
    My S3 has also just been built and is shipping now! Should I be allowing for at least another 2 weeks or so before I can actually pick it up?
    S3 S-tronic Black Edition MY11 - buckets and other toys

  14. #1293
    Richy_C's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by Syzygy View Post
    My S3 has also just been built and is shipping now! Should I be allowing for at least another 2 weeks or so before I can actually pick it up?
    From build date it takes a week to get built and transported to the ship yard, then a further 20 or so days to arrive at the dealers. then a few days prep.

  15. #1294
    Vertigo1's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,533
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat6 View Post
    I've got the alcantara seats on my BE and I'm really pleased with the choice. They grip your backside better than any other material and don't get hot and sticky like leather when the sun's been shining in (which has been quite a lot recently, for a change!) As mentioned elsewhere the perforations are quite small and have a silver reflective material behind which really goes well with the silver stitching on the seats and steering wheel.
    Let me know if you can't find a pic and I'll try and sort one out
    Thanks, love to see some pics, especially with the white stitching
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

  16. #1295
    Vertigo1's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,533
    Quote Originally Posted by Richy_C View Post
    My understanding of the new shape is that its due in about 2 years time.
    It was originally due this year but everything has slipped. Dealer reckons orders will open at the very end of next year with deliveries starting early 2012.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

  17. #1296
    Richy_C's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo1 View Post
    Thanks, love to see some pics, especially with the white stitching
    This is a TT but its the same look.


  18. #1297
    Vertigo1's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,533
    Thanks - still like to see the actual A3 seats though.

    Alc/Leather is a 470 option - reckon it's worth it over the standard cloth/leather?
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

  19. #1298
    Richy_C's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo1 View Post
    Thanks - still like to see the actual A3 seats though.

    Alc/Leather is a 470 option - reckon it's worth it over the standard cloth/leather?
    Yeah i looked all over and cant find a A3 seat lol, its what i have added to my up coming car, i would never have leather again having had alc on my last few cars, nothing is as warm or cool when its needs to be and its so comfortable. As must have in my book.

  20. #1299
    Vertigo1's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,533
    Yeah I had Leather/Alcantara on my first A3 which was an SE with optional Sport Seats. My current S-Line didn't have an option for it though so I miss it.

    Full leather seats are very overrrated IMO. They look good but don't grip you well and get very hot or cold depending on the weather.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

  21. #1300
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20
    Will delivery times still be 6 months, 3 months from now?

  22. #1301
    BE driver at last!
    Starcastle Champion, Parachute Panic Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    185
    Apologies if anyone has already posted this, but I finally found an official picture of an MY11 BE SB on Audi's website... http://www.audi.co.uk/content/dam/au...ion_210610.pdf
    Still no sign of the configurator working though!
    Last edited by new to audi...; 14th July 2010 at 16:16.

  23. #1302
    Richy_C's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by arnienemo View Post
    Will delivery times still be 6 months, 3 months from now?
    I would have thought so, to compare the Golf GTI / GTD is 6 months currently, only the Scirocco seems to have a 3 month lead.

  24. #1303
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Richy_C View Post
    I would have thought so, to compare the Golf GTI / GTD is 6 months currently, only the Scirocco seems to have a 3 month lead.

    Thanks for the reply Shame it is bad news though.

    I will feel better when I have put the deposit down though, rather than being in my current situation and having to wait to put it down!

    Any Black Edition owners live near Cambridge? Would love to have a proper look without a salesman breathing down my neck!

  25. #1304
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    59
    Finally managed to get a scheduled build date for my car - week 37 which I think is 9 Sep or thereabouts. Expect delivery 1st week in Oct... order was placed on 30th April.

  26. #1305
    IanS3's Avatar
    Interweb creep

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Geordie Shore
    Posts
    306
    My BE S3 was ordered on 15 May and I have a build date of week32/33 it will be finished on 15 August and then shipped.

    BBS SUPER RS FTW

  27. #1306
    Richy_C's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    453
    My SB A3 ordered on the 14th April is still down for week 35 so thats the 30th August, shipped on the 3rd Sept and Delivered on the 20th Sept.

  28. #1307
    Richy_C's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    453
    I also get to have the R8 at some point next week! ooww yeah! will try and video some of it lol.

  29. #1308
    NICK-C's Avatar
    Nick

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    439
    Quote Originally Posted by arnienemo View Post
    Thanks for the reply Shame it is bad news though.

    I will feel better when I have put the deposit down though, rather than being in my current situation and having to wait to put it down!

    Any Black Edition owners live near Cambridge? Would love to have a proper look without a salesman breathing down my neck!
    I work about an hour or so from Cambridge and I have one on order, will hopefully be delivered in about 4 weeks so if you can wait till then or haven't seen one by then would be happy to show you?
    Now - On the hunt for a new Audi!
    Gone - A5 Sportback S-line 3.0TDi quattro s-tronic
    Sadly gone - Ibis White S3 Sportback Black Edition
    Previous:
    '57 - Astra Sri Sport Hatch
    '95 - Celica GT4
    '54 - Astra Coupe Turbo
    '51 - Astra Sxi

  30. #1309
    NICK-C's Avatar
    Nick

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    439
    Quote Originally Posted by Richy_C View Post
    I also get to have the R8 at some point next week! ooww yeah! will try and video some of it lol.
    Sounds good, would love to see that. My Brother has just got me an R8 experience at Silverstone for my 30th so that is going to be cool but would be awesome to try it off the track without anyone in the passenger seat telling me to be careful!
    Now - On the hunt for a new Audi!
    Gone - A5 Sportback S-line 3.0TDi quattro s-tronic
    Sadly gone - Ibis White S3 Sportback Black Edition
    Previous:
    '57 - Astra Sri Sport Hatch
    '95 - Celica GT4
    '54 - Astra Coupe Turbo
    '51 - Astra Sxi

  31. #1310
    Diamond's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    294
    My sister A3 S-line (MY11) as arrived today and will be collecting on Friday. Will take pic's of all the new bits of MY11 model and post it.

    Also will be getting an update on my car as the new Audi system will be back up and running.
    A3 MY11 2.0TDI 170 Black Edition 2011:: Ibis White :: Technology Pack :: Comfort Pack :: Interior Light Pack :: Ext Mirrors electr/fold/heat/dim :: Audi Mud Flaps
    =============================
    Modifications - Brakes Calipers painted Black :: S-Line Grill badge ::

  32. #1311
    Richy_C's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    My sister A3 S-line (MY11) as arrived today and will be collecting on Friday. Will take pic's of all the new bits of MY11 model and post it.

    Also will be getting an update on my car as the new Audi system will be back up and running.
    Only if she's single and hot! oh you mean the car.. :-(

  33. #1312
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    18
    The MY11 S-line doesn't have the new style alloys wheels on them do they? I will be picking up my MY11 BE this week or possibly next week

  34. #1313
    Richy_C's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by kman View Post
    The MY11 S-line doesn't have the new style alloys wheels on them do they? I will be picking up my MY11 BE this week or possibly next week
    if its an MY11 then it will have the new style wheels.

  35. #1314
    NICK-C's Avatar
    Nick

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    439
    Quote Originally Posted by Richy_C View Post
    Only if she's single and hot! oh you mean the car.. :-(
    lol
    Now - On the hunt for a new Audi!
    Gone - A5 Sportback S-line 3.0TDi quattro s-tronic
    Sadly gone - Ibis White S3 Sportback Black Edition
    Previous:
    '57 - Astra Sri Sport Hatch
    '95 - Celica GT4
    '54 - Astra Coupe Turbo
    '51 - Astra Sxi

  36. #1315
    BE driver at last!
    Starcastle Champion, Parachute Panic Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    185
    Quote Originally Posted by kman View Post
    The MY11 S-line doesn't have the new style alloys wheels on them do they? I will be picking up my MY11 BE this week or possibly next week
    look forward to the pics - the first MY11 BE on this site perhaps?!

  37. #1316
    Richy_C's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    453
    Boo saw one on a transporter on the M1! Their out there...

  38. #1317
    Richy_C's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    453

  39. #1318
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    18
    Still have yet to see the wheels on a 3 door, except on the configurator

  40. #1319
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Warfield/ Bournemouth
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by Richy_C View Post
    Good spot! I like them but maybe don't love the alloys...

    I took delivery of my Audi hire car on Monday. Brand new A4 2.0TDI SE. Not bad at all but would still rather have my A3!

  41. #1320
    LongWait4aBE's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Posts
    99
    Ordered my A3 SB BE 140 with a few bits & bobs in April with lease company. Today told that delivery will be March 2011 !!!

 

 

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO